Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The offical Saleen351 Liquid review....

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

Ok, where to begin.....

Get there at like 11:30.... walk in I'm not impressed at all..... So I'm sober so I head to the back bar... Blonde hair guy took care of me all night long.... Big how ya doing to him.....

So lets start with lay out of the club shall we...:

Sound system sucks big time.... Its not loud enuff, and it doesn't bang like a real system should.... And when a sound system sucks 99.9% of the time the club sucks.... means the owners are cheep or can't afford a phazon or a real sound engineer.... It was not a case of clarity but a case of energy, it didn't put out enuff....

Next all the fucking lights on in there. God damm I think I got sun burned it was sooooooooo bright in there... Fucking faggot ass acid patterns being beamed on to the screens above the bar... Just gay.... do u people really think by adding shear cloth all over the place it would make it look any nicer or help in the atmosphere...? Gay again... Take that shit down... Next the lights for the dance floor are cheep and dull..... I've been to weddings with better lights.... place is set up allllllllll wrong..... Whats with the neon lights on the dj booth... WTF, djs are to be heard not seen in a club.... turn that shit off... makes your club look more cheesy then before...

Ok, crowd: sauage fest.... maybee 15 hotties up in there but thats it.... And you guys need to get some fashion sense down here... Shinny dresses are soooooooooooooooooooooooo out... And A/X armani shirts are every where, but they are all fake...any moron knows they don't make shirts like the way I've seen tons of people down here wearingl.... Like you people are walking billboards for aix.... soooo gay.... Then the crackwhore dancers you have, for one aren't very good at dancing and two then are scary to look at... AND GIRLS JUST BECAUSE YOU BLEW A FEW GUYS TO GET FAKE TITS, DOESN'T MEAN YOUR HOT... SUCH SNOBBISH ATTITUDES ON THOS BROADS.. FAKE TITS ARE A DIME A DOZEN IN NYC AND NJ AND ALL OVER THE WORLD... LOOSE THE TUDE..

Ok music...:

Who did edgar v know to get his job? Granted he didn't train wreck one mix last night, but there is a reason.. The guy is a pure cd dj... All he does is throw a track on, lets it play then mixes another track.... Never took any chances last night... hardly no vocals.. Played the SAME TRACK TWICE, AND IT WAS A TRACK YOU HEAR ON THE RADIO.... I CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME BUT IT ALMOST SOUNDS LIKE JEPORDY IS BEING PLAYED IN THE BACK GROUND..... THEN HE FINALLY MIXES IN ONE VOCAL AND IT WAS THAT MISSING YOU LIKE THE DERSERT MISSINGS THE RAIN TRACK... IS THIS MY SENIOR PROM OR A NITE CLUB???? ALL HOUSEY TRANCE, NEVER BROKE IT DOWN TO BUILD IT UP... HE HAS NO SKILLS EXCEPT BEAT MATCHING, WHICH HE PROBALY HAS A BOARD TO DO THAT FOR HIM ANYWAY..... HE DIDN'T IMPRESS ME AT ALL, NO ENERGY, NO ACCAPELLAS THROWN OVER ANYTHING.. BASICALLY THIS GUY IS LAZY.... NEVER AGAIN..... WILL I GO SEE HIM.... PLAYED EXPLORATION OF SPACE....< THIS ISN'T THE YEAR 2000..... DROPPED NOTHING NEW, NO NEW HOT TRACKS.... HEARD A FEW OTHERS THAT I HEARD ON THE RADIO DURING THE DAY... NOW I KNOW WHY SPACE FIRED HIM.... THANK GOD YOU GUYS GET GUEST DJS DOWN THERE A LOT....

OVERALL LIQUID SURVIVES ON RUMOR NOT FACT... IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE SOME FAKE ASS MOB GUY KILLING PEOPLE AND MAKING A NAME FOR THE CLUB IT WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS....

i ONLY STAYED TILL ABOUT 3 SOMTHING... MET A LIQUID WOKER OUTSIDE AND SHE EVEN TOLD ME THE CLUB SUCKS... :blown:

ahh, I have to add this, I just read the other review and forgot some shit... It was soooooooo fucking hot in there, which is another sign of having cheep club owners.... at like 230 am the place starting to thin out big time.... and thats where the lights come in.. being sooo bright makes the club feel dead with all the open space that you can see....

ps my assertion that edgar played the same track twice might not be accurate. I didn't know someone opened for him.. but with that being said the two idiots should go over the playlist before he takes the decks... rookies....

SHOULDN'T WENT TO SPACE..... GOD I'M AN IDIOT....:blown:

Phazon isn't the do-all end-all just because they are from New York. I highly doubt you have what it takes to engineer a sound system, you're just going on what you hear some promoter going off on. Phazon is good, yes, but it is out of reach of all but the largest clubs in the nation...why do you think there's only about 12 installs in the world? Liquid's Nexo Alpha rig is the next best thing, from an engineering standpoint. As for it's loudness, that is subjective.

As for the lighting, the club is supposed to be bright. Too many of the clubs on the beach are 'dark rooms' and Liquid was seeking to engineer itself differently. For the most part, people have reacted positively to this. Within the lighting computer, there exists sequences that would light the room to your liking, but the LDs there are under instruction to keep the room bright, so...

In regards to Edgar, he is playing differently, for the radio broadcast. Get him on the decks off the air, and then you'll see.

All clubs have their flaws, and you're more than welcome to comment on them, I just think you're out of your league when you start commenting on the technical end of a place.

I must say that night I mentioned to my friend about the light. We both noticed that the club has more lighting than many others in Miami and that it therefore made the club a more social one. That, for me, was a plus.

On another note about the lighting...I can see that Liquid is a club made for the regulars (people that go there on the regular) and I've been there on a night where the lights where off the chain with lasers and the works. They made this night a bit different to give it variety. Same lighting = Same club....Different Lighting = Club with variety. Same goes for the music.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

Phazon isn't the do-all end-all just because they are from New York. I highly doubt you have what it takes to engineer a sound system, you're just going on what you hear some promoter going off on. Phazon is good, yes, but it is out of reach of all but the largest clubs in the nation...why do you think there's only about 12 installs in the world? Liquid's Nexo Alpha rig is the next best thing, from an engineering standpoint. As for it's loudness, that is subjective.

As for the lighting, the club is supposed to be bright. Too many of the clubs on the beach are 'dark rooms' and Liquid was seeking to engineer itself differently. For the most part, people have reacted positively to this. Within the lighting computer, there exists sequences that would light the room to your liking, but the LDs there are under instruction to keep the room bright, so...

In regards to Edgar, he is playing differently, for the radio broadcast. Get him on the decks off the air, and then you'll see.

All clubs have their flaws, and you're more than welcome to comment on them, I just think you're out of your league when you start commenting on the technical end of a place.

it don't matter if its phazon or kmart..... the sound system is not loud enuff, I couldn't "feel" the music last night.... ps club abyss is a club about the size of liquid and they have a parital phazon... ask DT he played there last week.. (its in jersey) playing differently on the radio means edagar v doesn't have total control over his career.. All the nyc and nj jocks prerecord their sets for KTU. Very rarely what you hear at the club is what you hear on the radio, but my man Denny Tsettos does a live set every july 4 on ktu and he would never never never change anything becuase its on the radio..... he plays for the people who pay to hear him live not some jerks offs smoking pot in their apt at 3am.... which means the liquid staff and the radio station have him by the balls, not the other way around.. Would DT, or pvd or S&D etc change their style? I think not...

if you can see all the way across a club then ITS TOO BRIGHT no matter what type of atmosphere they are trying to pull off...

forget all the technical and musical shit, I would never go back simply lack of females.....

just my 2 cents....

ps parking fucking blows down there.....:blown:

next week, crobar or space.... havent decided yet...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mikeydny

hes not denny

and liquid aint tempts

:D

tell me about it... I'm waiting for the Temps opening party review to be put up today... I'm sure Denny dropped some hot fucking shit.... Denny in SOBE at a real club? I don't think sobe is ready for that yet....

call my fucking cell tonight..... or pm me with your number.... been a shitty weekend for broads phone numbers. I need to make up for it tonight...

That's why Abyss has a partial system, it's a matter of scale and economy. Plus, it's cheaper up in NYC to get a Phazon install. The club doesn't have to put the engineering team up in a hotel and fly them in.

If you're really hankering to see the little PS logo, go over to crobar, and you can get your fix there. There's no guido fist pumping house, but face it, you're not going to get it down here, Miami is Miami, and New York is New York, two different scenes.

As for 'being able to see across the club', even in the legendary Twilo you could do that! And Twilo had a lighting array better than any club on South Beach did. Not to mention it was really bright, too.

Originally posted by saleen351

tell me about it... I'm waiting for the Temps opening party review to be put up today... I'm sure Denny dropped some hot fucking shit.... Denny in SOBE at a real club? I don't think sobe is ready for that yet....

call my fucking cell tonight..... or pm me with your number.... been a shitty weekend for broads phone numbers. I need to make up for it tonight...

im goin to ny tonite, driving up with my boy, lil peters next weekend and shore all weekend ahhhh yeah, gonna be a messy weekend, ill be back monday, ill talk 2 ya bro.

By the way. Edgar V has been out of town for the past two weekends. So saleen before you make yourself look like more of an asshole than you already are try to get your facts straight. It wasn't Edgar that you heard when you were there this weekend.

Thanks for the nice review Saleen. I really like the fact that you are so well equipped with the intelligent knowledge needed to review a club. I especially liked the review of Edgar's performance. Brilliant!! BTW, Edgar was performing in peru last night and it would really help your credibility on your other reviews if you even knew what Dj's were spining at the club you are offering your expert analysis on. Bravo. I personally know for a fact that what ever we are doing in our club is right now that you have shown the incompetence that I'm sure everyone else in your life has had the pleasure to witness for years. Moreover, Liquid is set up exactly the way most people who attend it want it to be set up. I have gone to great lengths to ask the clubing population what it is that they most want in my club. The number one thing that came back to me was more lighting. What club were you really in last night. Liquid by far has more girls in it than guys and maybe if you weren't hanging out at the back bar all night as you put it, Maybe you would have been able to notice that small fact as well. As far as your comments on the sound. Read up on Nexo and come by the club this week if you really want to here Edgar and ask for me personally, I'm not one for pissing match's with shameless individuals who throw out comments in obscurity on boards like this one so whatever reason's you may have to come on this one and say the things about people who you don't even know ( Like the needless insults of my dancers) look me up when you get there and we will see if maybe I can't change your perception of Liquid. I will leave your name at the door and you will drink on me and hell, I might even let you in the booth to turn up the system and set it to your expert specifications. So come on by, I'm dying to meet you. Billy Shaw

Guest saleen351

Ok, so it wasn't edgar v performing, How would I know, the cool junkie site cleary sez every week edgar v is playing....

Liquid - Substance

DJ Edgar V. Every Saturday Liquid goes live on Party 93.1 from 12am-4am. Complimentary Vodka bar till 11.30pm.

so billy shame on you... Granted I never looked at your site. but I assumed the cool junkie site was accurate and updated the listings every week but they dont'... but who the fuck is dj iggy? is this south beach or kansas? I should know the dj.... or hear of him before i go... i guess sobe is more show then go....

so take all my comments about edgar v and apply them to the cd dj you booked.... I know its summer and its hard to get great talent now since everyone is basiically booked but come on... at least go up in the booth smack him around and get him to play some beats.... NOT THE SAME TRACK TWICE WHICH WAS ON THE RADIO.... if you've been around the club industry for a while you must know a good dj when you hear one..... now i know not in a million years would you publically bash a dj,, and i understand that, but between me and you, we both know the deal with that set on sat night.... it was lame and uneventful and lacks energy, emotional and a connection to the crowd....

You run a business, my comments about the dancers should be taken constructively not as an insult... Its about money not friends.... They don't look good... Yea I'd bang em but I wouldn't hire them to dance... Club Madonna was slow that night. drop 500 bucks on two of those girls....

if you only could hear the systems at XS or temps or merge or SF or Exit... I'm sure you've have... I hear space has a sick system... can't wait to hear it....

I didn't hang out at the back bar, got my drinks there and hit the dance floor...danced in every square inch of the floor, including the little section under that lite up blue cage thingy were the pot smokers were.... Though no one gave me a hit, thats not your fault...

and as a owner you have to defend the female male ratio... every club lies about that.... including any in NJ or nyc....

now about the lighting situation...... great, fantastic, but at 2am lets crank up the music and turn down the lights... the tourists went home at 130am that night...

and your AC situation is horrid.... I know I know 2 weeks...:rolleyes: thats means probaly never if you can get by with fans....

instead of thinking I'm some asshole shooting his mouth off you may want to consider some of my review.. I'm not a rookie and i'm not from kansas.... I'd bet you 20% of your business is nj or nyc or ct people.. hell 4 people in line flashed nj ids........ I'm sure your a nice guy, hell you own a fucking club in sobe... you shouldn't worry or get upset with me on a message board... by the way no one reads the miami board that much, look at the views.. so you have nothing to worry about therefore just ponder one or two issuese I brought... Did you get to your positon in life by being closed minded? I think not......

ps prerecord the 93.1 radio sets.... live doesn't work....

I'll take you up on your offer... I'm not looking for hand outs... I'll pay my own way..

PS if you do only one thing , turn off the damm neon on the dj booth...

but who the fuck is dj iggy? is this south beach or kansas? I should know the dj.... or hear of him before i go... i guess sobe is more show then go....

By the same accounts, one could say, who the fuck is Denny? Or insert favorite local DJ here...all DJs were at the 'who the fuck..' stage at one point...Iggy is past that one though...even if he weren't...

Oh and you seem to be obsessed with loudness in a sound system. While I agree that a system should not be quiet in a club, I can attest that the Liquid rig is at a quite reasonable volume. You must seriously have hearing damage. I'd rather have great sound at 115 dB SPL than mediocre sound at 125 dB SPL.

no complaints about liquids....great sound system for a club that size...good lighting, little bright for my taste...but still a great light system....i would have kept the dj booth, where it was originally (shadow lounge)...but i think billy has a great club and has done a very good job changing it and making it different....

Guest saleen351

i figured out what track was played twice, it was PPK resurection..... just fucking gay..... I think I proved my point now... the dj must be fired and never play there again...

how can anyone deny that the set was terrible.. Here we are in the glamour club of sobe and the djs play old tracks twice!!!! serious lack of talent....

Originally posted by pod

By the same accounts, one could say, who the fuck is Denny? Or insert favorite local DJ here...all DJs were at the 'who the fuck..' stage at one point...Iggy is past that one though...even if he weren't...

How soon we all forget?

Wasn't Denny Tsettos the main floor dj for the opening and first 9 months of one of the hottest clubs in the country at the time. Let's be serious now, I know he is not by far "The Top DJ" but I know many people in florida that are well aware of who he is.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lavosdeldiablo

Thats exactly pod's point... Down in miami...We could all say the same thing about Edgar V...Yet this guy walks in and assumes Iggy is Edgar

once again cool junkie site clearly sez it was edgar... I don't know what he looks like... but I took back all my comments about him and placed them on the clowns that were spining.... after I learned it wasn't him......

The first mistake made was letting you in the door. Most guido's from NY probably would HAVE gone to Space but unfortunately you chose Liquid. House MUSIC & YOU seem like the perfect annoying, repetative combination. And why would any girl, whether she be from Miami or Timbuktu want to hook up with some crab like you. Dissing the clothing of the guys in Miami? And what were you wearing? Let me guess - jeans and your

"I love DJ Denny from NY" t-shirt. And to come down on the dancers? What are some your latest moves? I don't know maybe the fax machine or the sprinkler. Please next time move on dude! Head on over to Madonna. It's only a few steps across the street. But don't forget to bring your own bottle so you can drink your club blues away. But stop bugging the door chic. She probably already has a boyfriend and usually nods her head in agreement to the rest of the drunks on their way out of the club!

Thanks for visiting and hoep not to see you again soon.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by busty36

The first mistake made was letting you in the door. Most guido's from NY probably would HAVE gone to Space but unfortunately you chose Liquid. House MUSIC & YOU seem like the perfect annoying, repetative combination. And why would any girl, whether she be from Miami or Timbuktu want to hook up with some crab like you. Dissing the clothing of the guys in Miami? And what were you wearing? Let me guess - jeans and your

"I love DJ Denny from NY" t-shirt. And to come down on the dancers? What are some your latest moves? I don't know maybe the fax machine or the sprinkler. Please next time move on dude! Head on over to Madonna. It's only a few steps across the street. But don't forget to bring your own bottle so you can drink your club blues away. But stop bugging the door chic. She probably already has a boyfriend and usually nods her head in agreement to the rest of the drunks on their way out of the club!

sorry I'm not a professional dancer and never claimed to be.. the dancers suck, but they are scary to look at... I was wearing black slacks, black shoes and a blue button up shirt.... dont' you know logos such as A/X or D&G are out 2 years ago... no more walking billboards.....its gay.........

ps I'm from NJ.....

sorry never hit on any chicks that night... only saw 15 worthy of my time... and none of the 15 worked there..

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by busty36

sorry I'm not a professional dancer and never claimed to be.. the dancers suck, but they are scary to look at... I was wearing black slacks, black shoes and a blue button up shirt.... dont' you know logos such as A/X or D&G are out 2 years ago... no more walking billboards.....its gay.........

ps I'm from NJ.....

Saleen, I'm going to ask you one thing.

What makes you think you are right?

What experience do you have in nightlife? Ever work the scene? Or are you an accountant by day and a drunk lush slobbering on the girls at night?