Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CP - What type of system do you have?

quoth - I may not be the best person to ask, as I just started mixing a few months ago. What I can say is that I love the mixer. I almost went with the Pioneer, but my guy said if I can swing the extra bucks, it is a superior product. It is heavy, well built, etc.

It sounds awesome, has tons of inputs/outputs, etc. I don't like the fact the it has ZERO RCA outputs, I had to get an XLR to RCA adapter, so I can run RCA to Miniplug for my computer. I know lots of trance/techno dj's like it.

Hope this helped. Would I recommend it? Hell yeah.

Originally posted by fourplay

LOL

Glad to hear car is doin good.. You know how it is man.. You either hook up your car or have money in the bank, cant have both.. ;) I'm really itchin to get my hands on some 1200s tho..

I've been outta NYC for a few months, we gotta meet up some time!

I saw you and the rest of the tribe at Vinyl last week but I didnt realize that was u.. Good shit bro! :D

LOL oh shit you saw us? haha. that was fuckin' fun as hell.

i know about the car thing - music or mods... it's so damn hard. I'm gonna start leaning more towards mods. I've got more than 7 full crates right now worth of wax... and the 2 is demanding more attention these days as she gets older and more stuff wears out. Besides, i don't want to keep going through life with these fat ugly 14" stock rims. We def. should have a meetup sometime soon - at some point in the near future i'm heading down to Vinyl again. We oughta take the afternoon and go wax shoppin.

Originally posted by GregoryCFra

I use 2 Vestax 2000 decks, a Vestax PCM55, and a Pioneer EFX-500. The really, really, really bad part is that I only have 2 powered speakers because I live in an apartment. SUX. I'm thinking about adding a CD player soon, any suggestions?

Post your system, view a pic of my setup below

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=94926

I also don't DJ but my main studio setup right now is:

behringer 16 ch mixer

korg MS2000

electribe er-1

roland MC-505

crappy gemini 4ch mixer for the monitors (cost me $20)

alesis mmt-8 sequencer

alesis 3630 compressor

yamaha tx-81z (dumbed down DX7 in a rack)

yamaha CS2x

behringer audio patch bay

akai midi patch bay 8 ins 10 outs

behringer modulizer

akai 6ch midi controlled 7band EQs

alesis midiverb IV

alesis midiverb III

minidisc recorder for scratch mixes

boss ds330 GM synth for the basic shit

modified PAiA Fatman (built and modded myself)

Dual PII 450 / 512Mb RAM as my sequencer box (cubase, LA, fruity loops occasionally)

Dual PIII 1Ghz / 1Gb RAM as my main softsynth/sampler box (reaktor, reason) w/ 2 sound cards. Also used for audio editing (it's got 2 18Gb 15000 RPMS seagate cheetah X15's) w/ sound forge

PIII 750Mhz laptop / 256Mb RAM w/ USB SB extigy card for 24/96 out in reaktor (its my reaktor box)

I have 2 midi interfaces in each box also, laptop has a parallel midi interface and the extigy. the other two boxes each have 2 sound cards each w/ midi.

I also designed a modular polyphonic hardware synth optimized to run on a TI DSP, but I no longer have the DSP card so I can't really use it no more.

:(

that's basically it right now.....I have more shit that I never use like some old Akai midi rack things like the 15F and the arpeggiator, a korg EA-1, an old boss drum machine and some other stuff. plus I'm also getting more shit once I get a new job.....looking for a nord lead 2 specifically and some older analog synths, and also an RS7000 once I sell my 505.