Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stop hating on draper

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

:rolleyes:

Refer back to one of the 18 other posts where we proved that just because someone has crowd hyped doesn't mean they're a good DJ. I don't think we so much need to go through this AGAIN.

i agree...just accept the fact that we hate him and move on, and if u cant handle the hate...then u move on too....geez wtf is with everyone tryin to start drama lately? :rolleyes:

ok u see, tenaglia has a different style, but he is an awesome dj....as for the others, ur list is ok, but drop train wreck tony and u will be a little better off, but i really dont have the time to argue this point any longer because i have a life so i am gonna go now, just remember the more you bump this thread, the more people are gonna see it and the more shit u are gonna get. this thread is a dead horse that has been beaten many times over so just drop it.!!!

Originally posted by housemusik2001

teneglia ain't my type of dj. i can name 5 better dj's in ny better then him.]

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1- dj razor

2- dj boris

3- denny tsettos

4- johnny vicious

5- tony draper

6- justin time

problem is, you clearly only go to Exit and similar shitty clubs in Jersey. Hence, it's no wonder your list looks like it does.

Oh and by the way, it's 2002.

i like to see what people think don't take it personal

even if u hate draper i'm goinna stick up for him he runs exit

well, obviosly u know if u are tellin us to stop hating him....how long have you been lurking here for?

WHEN U PROS WANT SOME VINTAGE HOUSE MIXES FROM THE BEST ,

BORIS, RAZOR, JUSTIN TIME, DENNY TSETTOSS, EDDIE BAEZ, DRAPER, GUIDO, SCOT PROJECT, MACGUYVER, ROB JAMES,JONATHAN PETERS, .....

HOLLA AT ME

TILL THEN

I'LL AGREE YOUR ALL RIGHT

......YEAH OK.....:D

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1- dj razor

2- dj boris

3- denny tsettos

4- johnny vicious

5- tony draper

6- justin time

*takes a moment to stop rolling the floor and laughing*

Okay right, so what you're saying is that these people are better than the #3 ranked DJ in the WORLD? Okay. Sure God, thanks for dropping in.

Listen, I'm not gonna sit here and tell you you're clueless. It's entirely possible that you like Draper and these more than you like Tenaglia. But this isn't a question of who you like vs. who you don't that makes a DJ good or bad. It's a question of whose skills are better, and Danny Tenaglia is a GOD behind the decks.

I like Denny Tsettos a lot, I have a couple of his CD's, and I think he's a good DJ, but there's no comparison in his skill level to Danny Tenaglia, or even Paul Van Dyk, S&D, etc. etc. They are just better DJ's. And if the DJ's you named above were really so great, maybe they would be ranked up there in the top 10 too... but uhm.. they're not.

Draper serves his purpose. He brings in the shitty, 12 years old rolling-my-ass-off-cause-i-heard-it's-cool, after school brown bag lunch crowd that David and Adam just love so much, and yes, they all love him. Maybe you aren't included in what I am about to say, but 90% of those people have no clue what they are listening to. And 90% of the clubbing population on the whole (that is, those of us who have matured musically - not to say the exit heads can't join us one day) would far prefer to hear Timo Maas, Satoshi Tomiie, Danny Tenaglia, Paul Van Dyk, Sandra Collins, Richie Hawtin, Danny Howells, whoever... because there is this incredible deftness of skill, and talent for track selection and feel for energy and the subtleties of the music, that you just won't find at Exit after 4 a.m. Sorry. It's the cold truth. And all this doesn't even touch on the awesome DJ's out there who have equally as much skill with genres like breaks, gabber, dnb, jungle, etc. etc. It honestly appears you haven't really explored so much in the scene.

So even if you've been clubbing longer than all of us put together, just like getting a whole room of exitheads to freak out doesn't make Tony a great DJ, being in the clubs longer than everyone else doesn't make you a good, skilled clubber. Maybe you need to expand your horizons and check out some new things, or some old things, a few times more and you could find yourself wonderfully enlightened. That's not to say you have to stop liking draper after that, but I think you might be surprised...

Originally posted by highmay

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75440&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

PS...I've never touched turntables in my life....

HAHAHAHA omg Highmay, I had that quote in my sig from Burke about spinning you on the turntables instead of a record for like forever - that was the funniest thread in AGES!!! How was Vinyl last night? I miss New York :( Hope you had fun! (we're so going when I get back next week!)

LOL, I dont even remember writing that. But seriously, if you want Vintage House look no further than Tony Draper, Denny Cheetos, and Dj Boris. Talent. Pure fuckin talent. Hey, if these guys did a World Tour what would it be called? Cheese Fest?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1- dj razor

2- dj boris

3- denny tsettos

4- johnny vicious

5- tony draper

6- justin time

Listen... We are not talking taste here... we are talking Talent...

There are many DJ's out there that I do not like there style but I give alot of credit to there talent...

P.S. Why dont you just turn on KTU you will save alot of money that way... Seems like your style of music...

Peace...