Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My review of Mr.Draper

As everyone knows, and much to my dismay, AVB was cancelled last night :( It sucks because I was really looking forward to hearing some decent trance, and I had been prepping myself all week with some of his more recent sets...... Oh well.

So Me,Rob,Debbie,and Bugout went to exit anyhow, not much else to do.

For the first 2 hours I was not impressed with Draper at all, for all the usual reasons. His mixing sucked, and track selection left something to be desired.

I was hangin wout sialater18 from the DC board, this was her first time hearing draper. she said the following to me (I am paraphrasing):

"It sounds like he is just laying down track after track, nothing is flowing well. I am not too crazy about the crowd either"

I found that interesting, an unbiased opinion from someone who is educated about music.

Anyhow Draper impressed me twice. He layed down some decent tracks , starting with funkatron and ending with Bandcamp. That was the first time i heard that song, I am not a fan.

Shortly after he layed down some tribal, then got hard, then got vocal, then got hard again. When I left he was crankin it up a noch.

One kid walked up to me and asked me (at like 4 am) "do you kow when Draper is coming on?" I had to laugh.

Ah well,Draper keeps his fans happy. I had a pretty good time. It was a nostaligic experience to say the least :)

Well as Im sure you all know or figured I went to exit last night.. and you will be shocked to hear me say I wasnt impressed with Draper. (No i am not finally seeing the light (eh ehm mike) like i said I saw the light a while ago and Draper was at the end of it :)).... anywayz... Draper was not himself last night... His set last week and this week were totally different (I know Karch will agree with me on this).. I wasnt feeling him.. The I guess around 3:30-4 he started playing some sick vocals and I started getting into it. We left about 5:15. It wasnt a bad night I just wasnt feeling him.. The 3rd floor was closed down for some reason during the night.. anyone who went know why??? :confused:

As for the CD.. ok first off I am mad that it is only 37 min long and there are no tracks.. all one long track :mad:. The song selection is ok.. some phat old songs but I was not impressed with the cd either.. Its too short....Its cool he starts off with a scene from back to the future then mixes (yes mixes) a bunch of intros to songs and then he starts the cd... I cant think of all of the songs.. there are so many with all the intros... (this does not mean that I know nothign about music.. like you would all say):rolleyes:

And of course good seeing Larry, Bugout, Rob and Karch, since everyone else dicked out... Atleast Draper plays when he says hes going to :tongue:

Originally posted by msoprano13

denial

well that was my honest opinion.. have some fucking respect get off your high horse and stop thinking you are Mr. music god who knows all.. Im not in any way in denial!

ok Mike Im editing it like you asked... im a bitch.. i know :tongue:

Originally posted by bebby6919

well that was my honest opinion.. have some fucking respect get off your high horse and stop thinking you are Mr. music god who knows all.. Im not in any way in denial!

ok thats it i would like to announce that i am not longer friends with debbie after she insulted me like that

beeeeeeoooooootch:tongue:

I enjoyed Td's tribal sets..both of em...Funkatron was nice as was the SUperdrum....

His hard stuff was ehh and he mixed thru em real quick....other than the efx500 tho no creativity--no blends, no acapellas, no reworks...nothing. Thats what I was looking for.

Mixing wasnt trainwrecking--the majority of his mixes were on point. Went to the white room to visit my boy DJ Drag who was doing well up there...then they closed the entire upstairs. Im convinced someone got shot or stabbed.

Red Room--all hip hop with some live performance,

Rooftop-Hip hop

Secret Room - Hip Hop..

umm.. anyone else see anything wrong with this?? It was so ghetto upstairs it was horrible...I bumped 2 guys on my way to the white room and they were ready to throw down with me...Im like..."easy gangsta.."

Tony's cd is a nice 37 minute montage of what exit used to be like thrown into acid pro and mixed up nicely....I liked all the blends and wish he'd actually try to spin like that when he really plays..

All in all I had fun--Robin, Larry and Debbie (me and debbie took a nice tour of nyc while waiting for ticks...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) Good seeing everyone...lots of experience heads..good seeing them too...even tho they hate CP...

btw...Tony played safe from harm...as did his opener....I was in shock...

and quote of the night def goes to Larry

"I have a man!

"His name is Debbie!"

wow...no more shots for larry he's cut offffff--:laugh:

Mike BuGouT

Originally posted by djmikebugout

Debbie (me and debbie took a nice tour of nyc while waiting for ticks...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) and quote of the night def goes to Larry

"I have a man!

"His name is Debbie!"

Mike BuGouT

Mike it was fun.. we'll do it again some time.. lol...

OMG I TOTALLY forgot about Larry saying that :laugh:

ok im off to work.. byeeeeeeeeeeee

Originally posted by msoprano13

ok thats it i would like to announce that i am not longer friends with debbie after she insulted me like that

beeeeeeoooooootch:tongue:

you still luv me.. hehe.. you know im only kidding with you.. but i am also serious.. if that makes any sense :confused:

Originally posted by djmikebugout

btw...Tony played safe from harm...as did his opener....I was in shock...

and quote of the night def goes to Larry

"I have a man!

"His name is Debbie!"

Yeah I was suprised to hear that as well, I bet Rob was happy though :)

Oh god I don't even recall saying that :laugh: I still got the shakes from red bull and vodka :shake: :shake:

~~~exit sux!!! i wonder whats gonna happn to pvd...if he wont play than that will be the end of the world!.............i saw debbie and mikey in front of exit when i went to drop off the tickets...they were freezing their asses off hehehehh.............hope u guys had a good time and i did hear that someone got stabbed at exit! :eek:

Originally posted by legend38

As everyone knows, and much to my dismay, AVB was cancelled last night :( It sucks because I was really looking forward to hearing some decent trance, and I had been prepping myself all week with some of his more recent sets...... Oh well.

So Me,Rob,Debbie,and Bugout went to exit anyhow, not much else to do.

For the first 2 hours I was not impressed with Draper at all, for all the usual reasons. His mixing sucked, and track selection left something to be desired.

I was hangin wout sialater18 from the DC board, this was her first time hearing draper. she said the following to me (I am paraphrasing):

"It sounds like he is just laying down track after track, nothing is flowing well. I am not too crazy about the crowd either"

I found that interesting, an unbiased opinion from someone who is educated about music.

Anyhow Draper impressed me twice. He layed down some decent tracks , starting with funkatron and ending with Bandcamp. That was the first time i heard that song, I am not a fan.

Shortly after he layed down some tribal, then got hard, then got vocal, then got hard again. When I left he was crankin it up a noch.

One kid walked up to me and asked me (at like 4 am) "do you kow when Draper is coming on?" I had to laugh.

Ah well,Draper keeps his fans happy. I had a pretty good time. It was a nostaligic experience to say the least :)

LARRRRYYYY...CLeaN OUT your MAILBOX.... ;)

...Well it sounds like you Had A GooD tiME :) Thats CooL...You are going to "SUMMER MADDNESS" @ exit right? I cant wait for THAT!!!

:D

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

LARRRRYYYY...CLeaN OUT your MAILBOX.... ;)

...Well it sounds like you Had A GooD tiME :) Thats CooL...You are going to "SUMMER MADDNESS" @ exit right? I cant wait for THAT!!!

:D

It is clean :)

Yes I am AMPED for summer Madness :bounce::bounce:

Well as Im sure you all know or figured I went to exit last night.. and you will be shocked to hear me say I wasnt impressed with Draper. (No i am not finally seeing the light (eh ehm mike) like i said I saw the light a while ago and Draper was at the end of it ).... anywayz... Draper was not himself last night... His set last week and this week were totally different (I know Karch will agree with me on this).. I wasnt feeling him.. The I guess around 3:30-4 he started playing some sick vocals and I started getting into it.

I wasent impressed with draper either last night. Bad track selection in my opinion.

I wasn't feeling Draper last night at all. He didn't seem himself. Last week his set was one of the best I heard him ever spin. But Debbie was right, this week was eehh... I wasn't really feeling his track selection. Only good part of his set was around 4am... he started to get hard. But I had to leave soon after that, cause I had work this morning. Last week was one of the best nights I had in a club. But this week all in all was thumbs down.

Great seeing everyone there Debbie, Larry, Rob and bugout.

Originally posted by karch

I wasn't feeling Draper last night at all. He didn't seem himself. Last week his set was one of the best I heard him ever spin. But Debbie was right, this week was eehh... I wasn't really feeling his track selection. Only good part of his set was around 4am... he started to get hard. But I had to leave soon after that, cause I had work this morning. Last week was one of the best nights I had in a club. But this week all in all was thumbs down.

Great seeing everyone there Debbie, Larry, Rob and bugout.

Nice seein you too man :)

I think the reason that you guys did not like Draper's set is because he is trying to stray away from his traditional stuff. BuGout pointed this out to me, if you look on the cd that was given out, it says that the tracks included are retired. No more Rhyhym Ready,Pressure,Blow the speakers, etc.

I think for the same reason people like me had a decent time :)

Yeah so the opening dj was off the hook. I was feelin everything he played.... some Robbie Rivera, Safe from harm... other hot shit.

Drapers opening tribal was pretty damn good. I was impressed, heard only 1 bad mix durin this time. I thought to myself that maybe he did get better since last time i saw him. Then he played Tiesto's lethal industry. I was happy as pigs in shit cause I love that song. Then he just killed the track at teh end of it and threw on a reallllly hard song...... i was pissssed off. Noooooo flow what so ever.... totally killed what could have been a good set. He played tribal, trance, hard, vocals, tribal, hard, vocals, hard........ didn't progress into a set, just threw track after track.

Whatever. I had my own fun. The songs had me dancing, not draper. So the music is good, dj sucks, but i had a good time.

Wow.. I didn't know Armin was cancelled.. good thing I was so goddamn drunk from Rutgersfest that I think I forgot what day it was about 5 times, ran into a wall, don't remember half of the day/night, said some wack shit, probally embarrassed myself a couple hundred times, forgot where I put my clothes (I was changing though, it was nothing like that), etc.. umm.. I would've been pissed the fuck off if I had gone and AVB wasn't there.. umm.. wait I dunno what I'm even talking about right now.. I think I'll just continue to drink my Corona and go back to watching TV.. I'm glad to hear you guys had fun.. wait you had fun right?? I think, I dunno, I guess whatever.. maybe I'll see ya at Chris Fortier, and I will DEFINITELY be there for Tall Paul.. umm.. LOL.. :drunk: