Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fun fun times at buzz...

I had a blast at buzz last night. I had NO desire to stay cooped up in the main room. Scott's set was ok, but feelgreat's set was horrible! at one point the music sounded like a bunch of parakeets being choked. Im soooo glad for the REAl house music being spun outside one the patio. HOUSE MUSIC B-B-B-BAY-BEEEE! Ok, so i ran into vic, da' runna, Scratch, nourish, dimspiral, baldy kuro, but....ruthie was no where to be found! Looked eberryware for ya girl, still couldnt find ya. Anyway, I had a fun time dancing with scratch on the patio......even though she couldnt keep up. tsk, tsk, tsk. well, have a good one guys and take it easy...n sleazy!

sopha

Originally posted by spinsaikel

I had a blast at buzz last night. I had NO desire to stay cooped up in the main room. Scott's set was ok, but feelgreat's set was horrible! at one point the music sounded like a bunch of parakeets being choked. Im soooo glad for the REAl house music being spun outside one the patio. HOUSE MUSIC B-B-B-BAY-BEEEE! Ok, so i ran into vic, da' runna, Scratch, nourish, dimspiral, baldy kuro, but....ruthie was no where to be found! Looked eberryware for ya girl, still couldnt find ya. Anyway, I had a fun time dancing with scratch on the patio......even though she couldnt keep up. tsk, tsk, tsk. well, have a good one guys and take it easy...n sleazy!

sopha

hey sopha what be up?

that sucks that buzz wasnt that good...however..are you going to howells nyc..?? ill be going up there and i will be there for steve lawler's lights out tour covering some shiznit there...hope to see you there..you too vic and the rest of the mangledesh crew..you all know who you are;)

ciao

CD

Originally posted by chynado11

hey sopha what be up?

that sucks that buzz wasnt that good...however..are you going to howells nyc..?? ill be going up there and i will be there for steve lawler's lights out tour covering some shiznit there...hope to see you there..you too vic and the rest of the mangledesh crew..you all know who you are;)

ciao

CD

well i had a good time at buzz since I was out on the patio most of the night. As for going to see Howells in NYC, I can't make it. Yours truly has to be@Hfs all day sat and and sun to perform. I would LOVE to see howells in NYC though if I didnt have to perform both days. However I will be@the steve lawler night this week at buzz. Anyway, hope to see out soon.

Sopha

Well, guess I'll repost my buzz review over here....

Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet more DC people...

First off, to those who haven't been to Nation before, it was a decent venue. Two main rooms with catwalks all over the place, plus a large outdoors area. BLIM + Deekline were in the front room, while Scott Henry was in the main and someone was spinning house out on the patio.

Arrived right around when BLIM came on. He played a decent set, but there was something a little lacking in the energy of the set. Basically, it came off very similar to a progressive style set except with playing nu skool breaks. The track selection was still pretty good and I didn't recognize the majority of what he played, but a lot of the tracks were pretty monotonous and he didn't really do anything special beyond some very nice track blending. However, the dancefloor did pack up for him, although there wasn't quite as much dancing as I might have liked. A few trainspots:

Elizabeth Troy - Forever Young (BLIM + Freq Nasty Mix)

PMT - Gyromancer

Blame - Music Takes You (BLIM mix)

EK - The Future Ain't Ready

Track selection: B

Energy: C+

Mixing: A-

Other technicals: N/A

So Deekline comes on afterward BLIM finishes up. First off, about half the floor immediately left to catch Scott Henry instead, but everyone who was left was absolutely dancing their ass off the whole time. Right off the bat, he hit the crowd with Jammin - Hello, followed immediately by Every Posse and Crew, keeping up an absolutely phrenetic pace where he didn't play any one track for more than 3 minutes and often switched over within about 45 seconds. The first 45 minutes of his set was strictly the hits of breakstep, but after a while he started to branch off into other areas, playing a lot of old UK hardcore, some funky breaks, and speed garage, but he kept the bassline hitting HARD the entire time. At that point he was playing a lot of unknown stuff, playing something familiar every 3 or 4 tracks. Through the course of his set, he probably played about 200 different tracks, although I would guess that some of the acapellas were prerecorded over tracks on CD, but it still kept things moving. Only a couple of complaints about his set. First, because he kept everything so fast and hard for 3 hours straight, he left little time to catch you breath. Second, a lot of his mixing was just straight cuts into an entirely different track, and often not even on the same beat. However, he kept lacing the set with samples out of the first two tracks he played, and ran tons of acapellas and did a pretty decent amount of scratching over things to keep it from getting too boring. A few trainspots (I probably could listabout 50 of the tracks heplayed if I really wanted to think about it, but I'll keep it to a minimum):

Jammin - Hello, Hold On, Go DJ

DJ Zinc - 138 Trek

Stanton Warriors - Da Antidote (w/ Robin S Show me Love acapella)

Mellowtrax - Outta Space (??? Mix)

Shut Up and Dance - Moving Up (Vocal Mix), Derek Went Mad, 20 Quid to get In

Deekline + Melbourne Massive - Bushpig

Deekline + Freq Nasty - Every Posse + Crew

Beber + Tamara - Travelling On (??? Mix)

DJ Zinc - 138 Trek (Wookie Mix)

Blowfelt - Lickle Rolla (Original mix vs. VIP Mix)

DJ Quest - Rumble

Hackney Soldiers - Hold Tight

Hyper On Experience - Thunder Grip

Sons of Mecha - Rockweiler

Freq Nasty - Goose

Magic Funk - Too Much (Zoom + DBX Mix)

Reach + Spin - The Hype (Stanton Warriors mix)

Track selection: A-

Energy: A

Mixing: D+

Other technicals: B+

Nice meeting Kuro down there....

Originally posted by wideskies

soooo0opha! i am so glad you grabbed me and intro'd yerself. i would never have known it was you *sheepish grin*

Of course you wouldn't! My god you were soooo Effed up. You probably didn't notice but, when you stopped to give me a hug, you drooled on my shoulder. how disgusting. :D j/k! If you did actually do that, I would've punched ya in the ear. Hope to see you out again!

Sopha

Originally posted by Kuro

Malanee was back in VIP for a good portion of the night. And everyone who didn't spend time in the front room while BLIM was on really missed out.

i see you changed your sig. :eek:

one of thes days your gonna end up having like pics of 30+ chicks on it and its gonna take lots of patience to scroll through your posts...but I dont care :D