Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Temptations 5/11??

I just got home from work and in my opinion Johnny Vicious tore the fuckin roof off tonight. Any opinions from anyone else?? Tempkid I know you probably don't remember... I hold the new shot title... I will see you all at my bar on 5/26 Memorial Day Sunday for J.V. at XS... If I spelt anything wrong, sorry I am a little banged up... thankyou Ceeotter!!!!!

i sure wouldnt say he tore the roof off and what was with the system with distorting bass and ear piercing highs for most of the night. they seemed to fix it maybe around 1 30 but before that the sound was awful

Originally posted by wakeup

i sure wouldnt say he tore the roof off and what was with the system with distorting bass and ear piercing highs for most of the night. they seemed to fix it maybe around 1 30 but before that the sound was awful

I guess you could say Johnny Vicious kept the crowd moving, but it definately wasnt the same Tempts vibe. Vicious remixes are sick, but endless hard trance with a vocal dropped here and there is just NOT MY STYLE. Maybe it works for some, but not for me.

Originally posted by cody05

I just got home from work and in my opinion Johnny Vicious tore the fuckin roof off tonight. Any opinions from anyone else?? Tempkid I know you probably don't remember... I hold the new shot title... I will see you all at my bar on 5/26 Memorial Day Sunday for J.V. at XS... If I spelt anything wrong, sorry I am a little banged up... thankyou Ceeotter!!!!!

I remember most of the night, but anything after 2am.

JV in my opinion tore it up. You can have the shot title I don't want it anymore.

Back 2 Back sick Tempt's Saturdays, period! I am a huge Denny fan and was let down opening night....but last weekend and last night were sick.

Good music good vibe and tastie shots!

Ceeotter, Thanks for the state of mind, your shots f-in rock....the only thing that sucked about last night was the forced restraint at 1am so that I'd be in shape to cruise home for mom's day!

Tempkid, it was nice to meet the back of your head....ceeotter introduced us at about 230am when your head was stapled to her bar...good job kid!

Guest saleen351

WELL, I GOT TO TELL YOU PEOPLE, I MAY BE 1000 MILES AWAY, BUT JV DID NOT SUCK.... I WAS AT THE LIVING ROOM WITH ROBBIE RIVERA, WHEN MY CELL RANG, RAN INTO THE BATHROOM, SO I CAN HEAR, THIS IS WHAT I HEARD, "TSETTOS SUCKS, JV IS THE BOMB" NOW THIS IS NOT INTENED TO CAUSE DRAMA BUT TO POINT OUT THAT WHO EVER WAS YELLING, SINCE THE PERSON HELD THEIR PHONE UP LOVED THE SET..... I ALSO TAKLED TO A FEW OTHER PEOPLE WHO WAS THERE AND LOVED THE SET BIG TIME....

DON'T GET ME WRONG ITS STILL DENNYS BLVD.....

AND A SIDE NOTE 100 PEOPLE WENT TO MERGE,THEY DIDN'T DO WELL AT ALL..... ITS NOT THE DJS, ITS THE CLUB.....

CODY, SOME BROAD IN SOBE SAID SHE KNEW YOU.... SHE SAW YOUR NUMBER ON MY PHONE... I'LL CALL YOU TODAY AND ASK IF YOU KNOW HER....

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

I thought Viscious sucked.

No offense Brian, but I have no idea were you are coming from with this statement. We are all entitled to our own opinion but WOW, he sucked come on!!!

Originally posted by cody05

No offense Brian, but I have no idea were you are coming from with this statement. We are all entitled to our own opinion but WOW, he sucked come on!!!

Maybe sucked is too strong of a word. I wasnt feeling the music at all. But there is no way in hell he tore the roof off.

Originally posted by saleen351

AND A SIDE NOTE 100 PEOPLE WENT TO MERGE,THEY DIDN'T DO WELL AT ALL..... ITS NOT THE DJS, ITS THE CLUB.....

Saleen,

I have to disagree with you on this one. There was more than 100 people there. The club is beautiful inside. The system is great and its not even done yet. The staff is vbery friendly. I think Merge will do just fine in the summer.

I Also Dont Think that Johnny Vicous played that well last night. Set was all over the place. The bass was too high to a point where it was distorted at times. I think Johnny could have played alot better. But I guess im still spoiled from Richie Last weekend!

I had a great time last night...I think Viscious was good, but not as good as when he was at XS. Gary (007) thanks for your generosity! Glad to see u behind the bar! Too bad we had to put les to bed early;) SKIRT! JK:tongue:

I gotta agree...JV was off. Some tracks he played were good then he played things that just didn't go with the room nor the crowd. I felt as though there should have been a SoundFactory sign somewhere... Granted I had a great time, but that was def due to the people I was with not the music. I actually headed down to Merge to check out Boris to relieve my ears for a few. Which I have to say Boris was way better. Merge def has potential.

Of course not everyone will agree with my opinion, and this is why is it labeled as such, an opinion.

Well i guess im really in no position to give my opinion since i was only at temps for about an hour...thanks to a ridiculous pregame at Merge (thanks again George:) ) But for the short time i was there and from i can remember, I had a blast...Thanks for everything Gary...maybe next time i'll be able to hang a bit longer:tongue: :)