Clubplanet Nightlife Community

underground scene

after the blackkat party at the lunatarium, I realized ive been missing out. Im tired of the mainstream scene, Im looking for something different. Im sure theres still many underground parties, where you can talk freely, with.. well lets say more liberal people. Ive searched the net, and, well, Ive found hundreds of places.... in LONDON! can some1 tell me where Im supposed to look for places like this in NYC?

hope I wont look like too much of a hypocrit (sp?) :D

PS: I know ABC no Rio throws some parties once in a while... any1 been there

I haven't been to the Lunatarium, so I'm not sure what you're looking for. But if you're looking for very liberal minded people and freaks along with hard, dark beats, then here's a few suggestions:

Fun House on Fridays at Flamingo East. Me and Rexx Arkana spin everything from tek-trance, hard nrg, techno/schranz, industrial and gabber. Our crowd is fairly eclectic, we get all types: ravers/gravers, rivetheads, cyberpunks, vamps, the fetish scene, etc. PM me if you want more details, and I can also get you in for $5.

Also, the NYC Tattoo Convention is this week, and I'm gonna be spinning the afterparty for it this Sunday up in Harlem. It's pretty much gonna be a total freak-fest. There's gonna be performances such as body suspensions, cutting and needle play, and all sorts of freaky shit, and they've got a good size dancefloor up there as well.

I'll also be playing the annual Blood Bath party up in Harlem on the 25th this month. That's another party that's gonna be a total freak-fest.

And if you're down near Philly, I'll be playing the one year anniversary of SHOCK! Therapy at the TPDS Club on 6/7. It's more of a cyberpunk/fetish party, but they've got a bi-level dancefloor and a fully equipped dungeon in the basement. Music is gonna range from techno, electro, industrial, trance, and cyberpunk along with all kinds of performances.

underground? yeah.. guess should of been more specific.

well, a place where people go there mainly for the music, and not to get high/laid, and dont feel the need to dress in versace and Diesel just to get out of the house.

I like a chilled atmosphere, with friendly people, and not a shitload of bouncers flashing those damn flashlights in your eyes ever 10 minutes. Of course, i could also do without them sticking theyr fingers up my ass b4 I get in the club.

music... Im pretty open minded.. from house, jungle, dnb, to hiphop, jazz, downtempo, minimal, acid, and... bah, I cant remember all the damn genres out there ;p

i went to a party sat night at a club in brooklyn called LUXX. im not into the underground scene but i guess someone who is would love it. the music is good and the crowd is a few steps up from vinyl. i met a lot of people in the music and art industry. also a ver sexually open place...gay/lesbian/tranny (m->f and f->m). its pretty cool, worth checking out.

for all you punk heads...

never been to that place for concerts, but they have an awseome darkroom on the 2nd floor :D

----------

ABC No Rio Announces

'A20'-a video on the Mobilization in DC

COMA

'Safety Orange'

Our Unorganicized Reading

HC/Punk Matinee

----------

----------

THURSDAY APRIL 16 at 8:00pm

'A20'-a video on the Mobilization in DC in April

Presented by Education for a Sustainable Future

Suggested donation: $3-$5

----------

----------

SUNDAY MAY 19 at 8:00pm

COMA

--Evan Gallagher and Frank Keeley--

solos/duets/ensemble

$3

----------

----------

TUESDAY APRIL 21 at 7:00pm

MayDay Books Video Screening

"Safety Orange" (James Davis, 2002)

--$5--

Beginning with the Attica prison uprising, 'Safety Orange' follows the

development of public policy in the U.S., which replaced social investment

with domestic repression, showing how the USA is slowly consuming its

young.

Proceeds to benefit Books Through Bars

Sponsored by Mayday Books

----------

----------

EVERY SUNDAY at 3:00pm

Our Unorganicized Reading

an open poetry reading

No Time Limit. No Features. No Bullshit.

HC/Punk Matinee

Doors open at 3:00pm

All shows $6

MAY 18

Antiproduct

Diallo

Otophobia

Witch Hunt

The Overprivileged

MAY 25

Dead and Gone

Cripple Bastards

Strong Intention

Living Under Lies

Off Minor

JUNE 1

The Frenetics

Blacklung Patriots

Forstella Ford

Lach

Storm the Tower

JUNE 8

Deviate

Give Us Barrabas

Hopeless Dregs of Humanity

If u want a club that all about dance and real people check out "THE DUPLEXX" Fort Greene, Brooklyn Friday or Saturday nite 8pm to Sunrise

Its simply about Peace, Love & Dance

46 Washington Ave (Park & Flushing)

718-643-6400

PS

Dress code: Beware of clubs that make you buy new clothes

Try out places like Luxx in Williamsburg...they have a very underground mixed crowd. I also suggest Planet 28 off 7th Avenue if that still exists. Look in record shops for flyers, especially the flyers that don't look too fancy. Ask the salespeople there if they know anything about the party.

did someone say "UNDERGROUND"?

hmmmmmmmm,..

If I tell you all I know I'll have to kill ya..

you know that RIGHT!

lol*

OK..ok..

enough of that.

Look, there's lot's of "UNDERGROUND"

places in this city if you look..

(And by underground I'll supose you mean

simply the "OTHER" option from superclubs etc..)

Here's a few names I'll throw out at you

but YOU have to do the work and find the addys..

OK?

I use to go to the LUNATERIUM each and every

Freaky party they threw..

I'm glad to see it back up and influencing

others that experience it to look for

CREATIVE worlds in Club land...

A few places worthh checking out:

*COMBUSTIVE ARTS Williamsburg

(Where I went to "PLEASUREDOME")

*Synchronic (Williamsburg)

*LUXX (Williamsburg..great "electro" nights)

*Subtonic/poler bear lounge

(Great bar/lounge to start off the night..

Under TONIC.)

*Filter14 on Wednesdays

(STATIC crew keep it Real!)

*FUN/near China town

(VERY cool visuals..look for

Fetish nights or "electro" nights)

*Mug'z pad (Jersey City..

known to host S&M spankings, D&B and Techno

orgies)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are MORE but that's all for now..

look and you shall find my man!

Good luck in your search,

Perhaps I'll see ya at one of these

venues someday!

P

E

A

C

E

Originally posted by mugwump

Oh yea..

and everything else

HERECTIC wrote..

;)

The Tattoo Convention afterparty was completely nuts last night. I played a set of techno, schranz and mid-tempo hardcore while these freaks with metal implants embedded in their bodies pierced hooks through their skin and then took turns suspending their bodies above the dancefloor. The combination of the audio and visual was intense, and there were times when the crowd was cheering so loud that I could hardly hear the cue to mix. One of the performers was diggin the tunes so much that he gave me an extra tip and requested that I spin in July when he comes back to NYC to peform again.

This is why I love playing for the freak parties. crossbonesgif.gif

You may be interested in this:

We are doing a one off on Sat. June 15 at Lu Lu's Parlor located W. 38th st. & 10th ave. It is a real comfortable spot w/ 2 small dance floors, velvet couches, and an outside deck. I (Eric Andrew) will be playing alongside some of the best "underground" talent in NY such as; Nigel Richards, Dave Hollands, Adam X, Frankie Bones, Billy Shane, and Richie Svich. It should be a real good night of music and atmosphere. were staying open til 5 and having an open bar from 10-11 and again 3-4.:)

Originally posted by erokk16

You may be interested in this:

We are doing a one off on Sat. June 15 at Lu Lu's Parlor located W. 38th st. & 10th ave. It is a real comfortable spot w/ 2 small dance floors, velvet couches, and an outside deck. I (Eric Andrew) will be playing alongside some of the best "underground" talent in NY such as; Nigel Richards, Dave Hollands, Adam X, Frankie Bones, Billy Shane, and Richie Svich. It should be a real good night of music and atmosphere. were staying open til 5 and having an open bar from 10-11 and again 3-4.:)

Tres nice! :D

Haven't seen any promo for this though? :confused:

I just got confirmation on the date from the owner last night and right now were doing the flyers. it will be a FLIGHT theme. the flyers will be airline ticket style, girls (not meat heads) at the door will be in sexy stewardess gear, trying to make the DJ booths like air traffic control towers, etc etc etc...

The best part of this night is that it is NOT hugely promoted. we want a good atmosphere so were not telling the whole world about it you know?

:)

I just got confirmation on the date from the owner last night and right now were doing the flyers. it will be a FLIGHT theme. the flyers will be airline ticket style, girls (not meat heads) at the door will be in sexy stewardess gear, trying to make the DJ booths like air traffic control towers, etc etc etc...

The best part of this night is that it is NOT hugely promoted. we want a good atmosphere so were not telling the whole world about it you know?

MUCHO BUENO!

I live with Dan physics

and I see Adam at my pad all the time..

I'll ask him the 411 on the line up

hours..

PLEASE REPOST THIS AGAIN

WHEN IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR THIS EVENT.

P.S*

(I also forgot to mention "Warsaw")

Since i started clubbing back in the tunnel days, graduated to SF, and now I work in Exit. I never experienced what the real underground was like. I thought Boo 6 was off the hook. Vinyl steve lawler lights out. Underground will change your view of big clubs...

Originally posted by brickhouse

Hey Heretic....might have to check you out at Flamingo sometime, especially since I live all of 50 steps from there now. However, I think I've already learned not to stop by that place on Thursdays :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cool, just mention that you're there to see me (Dräcos) spin and they'll let ya in for $5. What goes on in the place on Thursdays?

I definitely wanna hit this one up