Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Soundfactory themes=all about the money lately

If you have gone to soundfactory you probablly notied something every theme the price keeps going up. $25, $30, $35, $40, and now $50. I take the anniversary for example every year the anniversary always was in late February this year for some reason it was in April. Do they just take theme parties and throw them in just so that theres a theme night every month and the sf managment can up the price at least $10 to make money. Classics night yea that was a classic alright nothing but the newest in Jp's music selection and maybe about 6 classics the whole night. Jp used to be great on theme nights and now I see going to Soundfactory on a regular night the music is much better. If any1s going to soundfactory for the make believe party be ready to dish the money out once again and if you go to theme nights only try going on a regular night you could be suprised. I dunno maybe its just me but does anybody else feel this way too?

I totally agree. It's getting ridiculous. Land of Make Believe??? :laugh: Very few theme parties are actually worth it, e.g., JP's birthday party etc. It's just more crowded, more difficult to move and harder to have a good time because of it. I prefer regular nights when there aren't huge crowds in the place. I've had the sickest times during regular nights.

Its pretty sad what SF is becomming......I mean Land Of Make Believe? All its gonna be is a few decorations and three 5 minute stage performances for a serious chunk of change. I'll pass.

I used to go to factory a lot more. Now a regular night is the only night I'd think of going.

Originally posted by slyonspromos

If you have gone to soundfactory you probablly notied something every theme the price keeps going up. $25, $30, $35, $40, and now $50. I take the anniversary for example every year the anniversary always was in late February this year for some reason it was in April. Do they just take theme parties and throw them in just so that theres a theme night every month and the sf managment can up the price at least $10 to make money. Classics night yea that was a classic alright nothing but the newest in Jp's music selection and maybe about 6 classics the whole night. Jp used to be great on theme nights and now I see going to Soundfactory on a regular night the music is much better. If any1s going to soundfactory for the make believe party be ready to dish the money out once again and if you go to theme nights only try going on a regular night you could be suprised. I dunno maybe its just me but does anybody else feel this way too?

i really dont want to start drama here... but (just some innocent questions)

* and i had heard that its actually JP that pockets the upcharge on theme nights? (not mgmt) or is that just a rumor?

* i dont think its February every year. Last year the anniversary was end of March, and from what i had heard that they year before it was June....

i have only been goingi for about a year, so i am not a very seasoned veteran, but i do think that this week's theme party is probably the most uncreative, and unoriginal one. like someone else posted, "its the land of make believe every week at the factory, what makes this week any different?" yeah, djjons its jsut going to be some excuse for some fcked up stage shows lol

and i totally agree that music tends to better on regular nights too. For example, i went to the bday party in january and then the week after, too... I thought the week after his bday heh was just sick (omigod i actually used that word :blank: ) 50X better than the prior week. i am just guessing thath he was probably just a little uh *cough* 'overwhelmed from all the bday festivities and party favors! ;)

eh.. oh well. see ya on sunday eddie! :blown:

I am not trying to start shit....just an observation....seems they are copying Marvisi here with the crappy, corny and expensive theme nights idea. Hell, if exit can get away with it, why not SF?

lets just hope that SF doesnt start copying Marvisi in their other policies

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

I am not trying to start shit....just an observation....seems they are copying Marvisi here with the crappy, corny and expensive theme nights idea. Hell, if exit can get away with it, why not SF?

lets just hope that SF doesnt start copying Marvisi in their other policies

SF's been doing this long before Exit...

Originally posted by slyonspromos

I dont think JP pockets the extra money because I heard from people that work with deeper that jp got in a fued for his bday because he didnt get paid as much as he should have got it being his bday and he spun for 24 hours.

Who does JP thinks he is....Junior Vasquez????

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the clubs are dead in the city..the worst it has ever been..the club scene in NY is at a all time low..theme parties create buzz for the factory and fill the place up during a slow season for the factory...start up a bullshit theme party charge a extra $10 on admission and the place also gets packed...sounds like a good bussiness move to me...have at least one theme party a month and your sure to have one packed night a month..

Originally posted by pglkm

the clubs are dead in the city..the worst it has ever been..the club scene in NY is at a all time low.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Maybe you should get out more to different places. Like Barry said, the scene is what you make of it.