Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATTN Car Buffs...need your input....

I need to decide which car to get soon....once i get my car fixed i'm probably gonna trade it in....now i'm undecided as to which to pursue

all are automatics

OK heres my list of what i can afford (all lease deals):

Saab 9-3

Audi A6 quattro

Audi A4 quattro

VW Passat W8

Lexus IS300

Infiniti G35

VW Passat 4-Motion

'97/'98 MB E300 Tdi

:cool:

hey bigpop, what is it your going for? sleekness??speed??handling??an overall great car?? if so, could i make a suggestion?? i just got a 2001 acura 3.2 cl s-type. quick as hell, and handles great and around the same price range of those cars you mentioned above. pm me if u want, i could on forver about the great things about this car. although that lexus is 300 is one hell of a car too :eek:

i looked at Acuras but the lease deals are not good on them right now

i dunno...overall a good car...styling definitely a plus...thats another reason why the acuras arent in my list...styling doesnt do it for me...anyways...

i like the IS, but the lease is the same price as the A6...which has all wheel drive....but we shall see what the dealers value my car at

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

I need to decide which car to get soon....once i get my car fixed i'm probably gonna trade it in....now i'm undecided as to which to pursue

all are automatics

OK heres my list of what i can afford (all lease deals):

Saab 9-3

Audi A6 quattro

Audi A4 quattro

VW Passat W8

Lexus IS300

Infiniti G35

VW Passat 4-Motion

'97/'98 MB E300 Tdi

:cool:

for the love of jesus... take my word on it... if you're going to get a reasonably fast car... get a stick...

hmm those are all nice cars...

is the a4 you're looking at the 1.8T? i'm a big fan of turbo cars if you plan to mod it at all...

and I definately like AWD...

If you're not gonna mod, the a6 is pretty nice...

the infiniti is nice too, but awd is a really nice feature... especially in the winter... (I know its definately saved my ass a few times on those long drives to the city)

Originally posted by joeg

for the love of jesus... take my word on it... if you're going to get a reasonably fast car... get a stick...

hmm those are all nice cars...

is the a4 you're looking at the 1.8T? i'm a big fan of turbo cars if you plan to mod it at all...

and I definately like AWD...

If you're not gonna mod, the a6 is pretty nice...

the infiniti is nice too, but awd is a really nice feature... especially in the winter... (I know its definately saved my ass a few times on those long drives to the city)

1. i'm not going to mod (its a lease)

2. i'm splitting the lease 50/50 with the rents, my parents hate manuals (also an explanation for why i went from looking at hyundais to audis)

3. all of these are about as fast as my car, and thats enough for me

TT only comes in stick (oddly) and insurance is too high (strange as well)

1. i'm not going to mod (its a lease)

2. i'm splitting the lease 50/50 with the rents, my parents hate manuals (also an explanation for why i went from looking at hyundais to audis)

3. all of these are about as fast as my car, and thats enough for me

TT only comes in stick (oddly) and insurance is too high (strange as well)

ok, then i'd go for the a6 with the tiptronic auto & AWD... I doubt you'll be dissapointed.

My sister has an a4 1.8t quattro (tiptronic auto), and she loves it.

I just realized, you have an SVX, so you're well aware of the advantages of AWD. ;)

oh...oh i get it...english girl just worked out...stick..manual...ie stick shift ...ahhhh

back in land of rain all cars are manual, or stick...was bloomin weird trying to drive automatic when i arrived..getting used to it now though

....and all the cars here...soooo biggg...gas guzzling monsters with blindspots bigger than belgium!!

ok won't dis them too much (but what is with pick ups???..all you do is drive to the supermarket)...as you have nice big wide roads to match...

go with the audi all wheel drive (trust me i'm an engineer

;) )

i think thats where i'm gonna end up, but that passat w8 is good too

What i really want is an A2 or an A3, but we sadly dont have them...yet

the W8 is good, but if you're not racing, and you want an a/t... its just gonna waste your gas money...

well, hell, i'd tell you to get a lancer EVO, but we don't have them either :(

my sister got her a4 right off a lease, had <10k miles, just like brand new, but a lot cheaper... thats always a thought...

Originally posted by lgprezes

I would definetly go with the Toyota Altezza or as its know in the US Lexus IS 300, Fast and Confortable cant go wrong with that

yeah, but theres so many of them... atleast where I live...

so you mod it a little, put a nice body kit, spoiler, neons, subwoofers, amps....... and you have a one and only is300. but yeh ur right i see them everywhere too, on the other hand that should say something, that its a good car.

there shouldn't even be a question.

IS300 all the way.

you can drop the SupraTT engine in or turbo the n/a variant that's already in there. There are shitloads of parts for the altezza (japanese name for it). It is elegant, sporty, handles well and can be fast as hell.

IT's got push-button tiptronic-style shifting for the automatic (though i hate you for thinking about that tranny in that car) and more over it's REAR WHEEL DRIVE.

Oh, and it's less $$ and more reliable than the others. No question at all which one you should be thinkin about.

i think thats where i'm gonna end up, but that passat w8 is good too

What i really want is an A2 or an A3, but we sadly dont have them...yet

I work in an VW/AUDI garage over in the uk and trust me you don't want an A2,they are rubbish.The top of the range version of the A3,the S3 is awesome though.

I've not seen a W8 in the flesh yet but the A4 is far superior to the Passat anyway so out of the three you mentioned,i'd go for the A4,the styling is way better than the A6 which has got the ugliest rear end ever IMO.

Have you seen the new cabriolet also? it's a gorgeous car but at the moment over here they are so in demand,if you order one now it might come this year if your lucky. :)

Originally posted by cintron

there shouldn't even be a question.

IS300 all the way.

you can drop the SupraTT engine in or turbo the n/a variant that's already in there. There are shitloads of parts for the altezza (japanese name for it). It is elegant, sporty, handles well and can be fast as hell.

IT's got push-button tiptronic-style shifting for the automatic (though i hate you for thinking about that tranny in that car) and more over it's REAR WHEEL DRIVE.

Oh, and it's less $$ and more reliable than the others. No question at all which one you should be thinkin about.

hes not gonna mod it, though...

and rear wheel drive sucks... AWD baby... ;)

say, now that you aren't living in alaska anymore... I better see your sorry ass (and your mr2) down here more often!

Originally posted by starshaped

I work in an VW/AUDI garage over in the uk and trust me you don't want an A2,they are rubbish.The top of the range version of the A3,the S3 is awesome though.

I've not seen a W8 in the flesh yet but the A4 is far superior to the Passat anyway so out of the three you mentioned,i'd go for the A4,the styling is way better than the A6 which has got the ugliest rear end ever IMO.

Have you seen the new cabriolet also? it's a gorgeous car but at the moment over here they are so in demand,if you order one now it might come this year if your lucky. :)

even if the A4 cabrio arrives in time, there will not be any good lease deals on it

demand for that is gonna be through the roof (the US is only getting 7500 of them a year)

I'd go for an A4 2.8 or IS300. The A6 is good for "big pimping" but its too big for me. Too damn heavy too. The new A4 is sweet, and the IS300 is very well balanced. W8 is too expensive and not worth it. Too bad you can't get manual, its the way to go. Good luck.

Originally posted by clubbhoppintg

If you can afford the IS300...id say go with the 325ci. Hells...thats what im doing...the bimmer is 27 more a month with the sport package...im opting for the convert. :D

i would gladly consider a BMW...if the amount due at singing wasnt $4k and up (2 deals in the sunday times had $5500 due at singing...no fucking way)