NYC Club scene is TIRED

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tastyt

Are you just now realizing this?

;)

I feel the same way. It's been EXCESSIVELY tired as of late, as if we're trying to squeeze water from a stone. Add to that the different factions of music lovers hate instead of unite with each other and you basically have musical tribal warfare going on where nothing gets done and everything grinds to a halt.

Welcome to reality, NYC. This is why the greatest city in the world can't hold it's own with nightlife, compared to other cities.

:(

Originally posted by cintron

;)

I feel the same way. It's been EXCESSIVELY tired as of late, as if we're trying to squeeze water from a stone. Add to that the different factions of music lovers hate instead of unite with each other and you basically have musical tribal warfare going on where nothing gets done and everything grinds to a halt.

Welcome to reality, NYC. This is why the greatest city in the world can't hold it's own with nightlife, compared to other cities.

:(

What other cities are you talking about? I would say that in the US there aren't many that compare to NYC. Vegas, Miami, maybe L.A.. What are you talking about here? Try going to Raleigh, NC or Indianapolis and then talk to me. Oh and I'm sure it's just raging in Albany!

It's crazy cause I used to like the old school ravers....they were more scattered. Now I'm not a fan of the Jersey "type" fashion wannabees/muscle boys.

NYC has definitely been infested with more out of towners than I care to think about. Even the East Village is filled with innocent looking trendies....5 years ago, the average person wouldn't go near alphabet city.

imo..... the only thing the NYC club scene is tired of is all the people bitching that the scene here is tired. Its as good as it can be right now(which i dont think is that bad at all) and its not going to get any better with another post bitching about it. i dont know about anyone else but im sick of hearing people bitch about it. If you dont like it STAY HOME!

Originally posted by bleachblond420

imo..... the only thing the NYC club scene is tired of is all the people bitching that the scene here is tired. Its as good as it can be right now(which i dont think is that bad at all) and its not going to get any better with another post bitching about it. i dont know about anyone else but im sick of hearing people bitch about it. If you dont like it STAY HOME!

I don't normally like posting about how nightlife blows right now... but seriously, if you've been partying in NY for a while, there's no way you can deny that things are pretty lame right now...

All these promises are being made about the next big thing that's about to happen... Glowbana, Crowbar, what have you... but so far it's yet to happen... supposedly it all goes in cycles, I just really hope things start to pick up soon.

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

It's getting so old. Or maybe it's just that I'm getting old!

Ravers just aren't the same as they used to be.

i agree i mean it is geting old peopel just don't look the same and thers no more exotic girls alll u ever see is normal girls noting specail any more thers no more wow girls suks and ravers always suked

Originally posted by bleachblond420

I agree to an extent, but NYC is definitely NOT hot right now. The clubscene is terrible. I don't know how old you are, but if you were around for 1994 and the ORIGINAL Sound Factory, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.

Completely straight clubs suck. If Twilo never closed, maybe I wouldn't feel as strongly about this, but the old Twilo crowd now conquered and ruined the "new" Vinyl.

We need good old loft parties.

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

It's getting so old. Or maybe it's just that I'm getting old!

Ravers just aren't the same as they used to be.

I honestly think we are getting old. My little sisters generation were ravers, she's 20 now, but I remember when they were 13 and all her friends were major ravers. Thev'e grown up and grown out of UFO's and pacifiers, and plastic necklaces and piercing all over there face, so I belive that that whole generation is dying out..........................................

welcome to the pop world of techno ..... i just got a FREE issue for of bpm magazine and all the dj's they interviewed look like they just walked out of the gap or jcrew store .... WTF not to mention... they look like they're in their MIDS 30'S GOING ON 40's >>> IT'S GETTING REALLY OLD AND TACKIE IF YOU ASK MEEEE >>>>TECHNO SUCKS RIGHT NOW I CAN'T EVEN GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT HEARING TECHNO SOMEWHERE ... WHETHER IT'S A CAR COMERCIAL... AT THE DELI OR CLOTHING STORE ... OH GAWWD I JUST WANNA FUCKING PUKE

:puke: :puke::

Originally posted by perns2002

I honestly think we are getting old. My little sisters generation were ravers, she's 20 now, but I remember when they were 13 and all her friends were major ravers. Thev'e grown up and grown out of UFO's and pacifiers, and plastic necklaces and piercing all over there face, so I belive that that whole generation is dying out..........................................

Exactly. When my generation was into raving the average age was 16-25, but that was in California. Ravers today aren't ravers to me. We used to do LSD and shrooms. We didn't suck on pacifiers. It wasn't cheesy back then. Now, looking around at the big UFO pink pants and camouflage...it's just not what it was. I remember seeing lovely girls waiting on line for Randall's Island and they were hippies! They weren't even "ravers". I honestly think it must be my age.

Originally posted by tastyt

I don't normally like posting about how nightlife blows right now... but seriously, if you've been partying in NY for a while, there's no way you can deny that things are pretty lame right now...

All these promises are being made about the next big thing that's about to happen... Glowbana, Crowbar, what have you... but so far it's yet to happen... supposedly it all goes in cycles, I just really hope things start to pick up soon.

i definetly didnt mean to make my post sound like i was defending the fact that the NYC clubs scene is dead right now. Its def dead but its not completly horrible. I was just trying to say how sick i am of hearing people bitch about it because thats all i hear anymore and im just tired of it. Im also tired (as you said) of ALL the rumors about Glowbana, Crobar ect.......if its going to happen it will happen. Everyone is already talking about Crobar but (and i wish this wasnt true) the club prob wont be up for at least a year imo.........im hope im wrong though......

Originally posted by johnnyutah74

What other cities are you talking about? I would say that in the US there aren't many that compare to NYC. Vegas, Miami, maybe L.A.. What are you talking about here? Try going to Raleigh, NC or Indianapolis and then talk to me. Oh and I'm sure it's just raging in Albany!

I see you're an educated partykid. Oh i'm sorry. I should say "clubber."

Albany sucks, no shocker there. I'm from long island though so honestly i could give a crap about what the scene up here is.

Then again, you'll find the best parties in some of the most out-of-the-way places. Once you've been in NYC and experienced a few of the different places though you'll realize it's not the golden fleece you thought it was.

Originally posted by go411

welcome to the pop world of techno ..... i just got a FREE issue for of bpm magazine and all the dj's they interviewed look like they just walked out of the gap or jcrew store .... WTF not to mention... they look like they're in their MIDS 30'S GOING ON 40's >>> IT'S GETTING REALLY OLD AND TACKIE IF YOU ASK MEEEE >>>>TECHNO SUCKS RIGHT NOW I CAN'T EVEN GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT HEARING TECHNO SOMEWHERE ... WHETHER IT'S A CAR COMERCIAL... AT THE DELI OR CLOTHING STORE ... OH GAWWD I JUST WANNA FUCKING PUKE

:puke: :puke::

Could you please explain what's wrong with a dj being in his/her 30's or 40's???

Originally posted by sethdiggy

If you don't like it, go somewhere else, you won't be missed!

Umm, like where??? If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. Because based on the facts that I know, unless I packed up my life and skipped across the pond to London, unfortunately there's really nowhere else to go.

Originally posted by cintron

I see you're an educated partykid. Oh i'm sorry. I should say "clubber."

Albany sucks, no shocker there. I'm from long island though so honestly i could give a crap about what the scene up here is.

Then again, you'll find the best parties in some of the most out-of-the-way places. Once you've been in NYC and experienced a few of the different places though you'll realize it's not the golden fleece you thought it was.

Sorry. Didn't realize you were looking for the 13 - 19 y.o., sexually adorgenous, happy, P.L.U.R. bullshit scene. You are correct then. You must hate NYC. When you turn 21 though and can maybe somehow wade through your candy necklaces and angels wings enough to clean yourself up, maybe NYC will be better for you. Until then, yeah you better get searching for the ever so diverse and stimulating environment that shady promoters and directions off of the cryptic flyers found at the out of the way record shop provide.

THEY SUCK.... MAINLY BECAUSE THE CATCHED ON TOO LATE AND THEY ARE PROGRAMMED WITH THE ALREADY COMERCIALIZED SCENE.... THEIR MUSIX SOUNDS THE SAME , THEY ARE INFLUENCE BY WHAT'S GOING ON NOW WHICH IS REALLY BAD .... AND REPETATIVE..... THAT'S MY OPINION !!!!,,, BUT HEY TO EACH IS OWN ... I HAVE MY SPOTS TO GO TO WHERE THERE'S NONE OF THAT CHEEZINESS .... AND I'M GLAD I FOUND THOSE SPOTS IN THIS HIGHLY OVER RATED.... NYC POP CLUB CULTURE...

IN RESPONSE TO TASTYT'S COMMENT