Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who you are...

well we all know that someone's going to say "both" so i guess i'll say it first: both, depending on what part of "you" you're referring to. sometimes it's all genes (eye color, not counting contacts) and sometimes all environment (canine-phobia after a dog attacked you when you were 5) and sometimes it is both (alcoholism is genetic and environmental).

i think your genes lead to the environment you choose.

especially in a place as diverse as NYC with so many different environments to choose from, you go where you want to go, or at least where you arent rejected

the two also kind of effect different aspects of your personality. genes affect whether you are determined, hard-working, out-going, etc. while environment, in my opinion, affects more your friends, the places you go, the things you value, etc

oh and i think i;m still coming off all that tequila last night so dont mind if whatever i am blabbering dont make sense

Its definately both...

Your environment puts you in situations, what you do in those situations comes from your personality (which is genetic)... as your life progresses, your personality changes based on things you learned from what you did in those situations... and therefore shapes what you do in future situations...

The constantly dynamic progression of life. :D

Genetics play a more important rule in personality. There have been psychological studies on this.

If you're really bored, look up the Minnesota Twins study. Won't get into detail, but the essence of the study was that identical twins (that have the same DNA) raised apart more closely resemble each others' personality than fraternal twins (with different DNA) raised together.

They concluded that genes account for as high as 70% of the variance in personality traits. Other studies have had similar results in the 50%-70% range.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

ehh..its the environment that dominates who u become , that explains wiggers :D..

In that case, it's more media than environment. totally different...

Back to the question: I think your environment is a major influence on who you are...people adjust to wherever they find to be their comfort zone