Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Seven in Westhampton

I heard this place is going to be the spot of the Hamptons... It has 3 levels and supposedly has a sick sound system..

I heard its going to be open Thursday-Sat starting this week..

Anyone else heard anything about it??

Originally posted by musicfeedsme

Sound system is AWWFULL!!!!! They have speakers on one side of the room. So you are not listening in stereo. Now Brazil's system is rockin now!.

That's only downstairs silly!

Plus...the music & system upstairs is better(in the lounge)...but I may be biased b/c my BF spins there & my friends own the place :)

You wanna hear good sound & good beats come on down this Sat night!

:cool:

Hey you're right. And I know the owners too. And probably your boyfriend. But it's not their fault that the company sucks that installed it. Actually upstairs is set up better. . .But the problem is the room's resonance. I don't know if you noticed how bad the echoe is in that room. It need some serious help. The owners used that company upon reccomendation. . But look what they got. . surely not there money's worth. It's ok I hear that they're already in the works of having someone fix it. No offense hun.

Bye.

Originally posted by musicfeedsme

Hey you're right. And I know the owners too. And probably your boyfriend. But it's not their fault that the company sucks that installed it. Actually upstairs is set up better. . .But the problem is the room's resonance. I don't know if you noticed how bad the echoe is in that room. It need some serious help. The owners used that company upon reccomendation. . But look what they got. . surely not there money's worth. It's ok I hear that they're already in the works of having someone fix it. No offense hun.

Bye.

No offense to what? It's all good!!

Upstairs was a bloody mess when we got there on Thurs. Opening night no less. The monitor wasn't hooked up & they didnt even leave me cables to hook it up myself. One turntable wasnt hooked up/plugged in...and then we hear this buzzing...fuckers that hooked it up couln't even ground the damn thing!!! The lights werent installed into the booth...they just sat there propped up and... shall I go on? This is in no, way, shape or form the owners fault...its the fault of the sound co. that they hired..mind you it was last minute...but you should always follow through.

With all that bullshit...Kevin was amazing...too bad there were only a few ppl to hear it :( As the weekend progressed though, the place packed out by Sat night...upstairs & down.

This weekend should be great & the summer ahead...much love to Karl & Rich :) :)

Ok, here is my review:

The club itself is ridiculous..really classy.. The upstairs is perfect and the downstairs has a lot potential.. The sound system needs some work.

The music was insane...I went on Sat and heard both Timm Schroeder and Justin Michaels spin.... Both had very different styles..

Schroeder went old school for awhile and then hit some funky shit I have yet to hear. His mixing skills were real tight. Where is this guy from?? I never heard of him.

MIchaels went with a lot of current stuff and hit some crazy mixes..

I think the place has a lot of potential..

They just need to do something with the downstairs sound system

Kevin Erickson (my BF) will be spinning this Thurs & Fri from 10pm-1am... I'll be out there this Fri...so stop on by the booth upstairs & say "hi". :)

PS---we met Tim S. last week...I like his style & he's got great skills, also such a nice guy :) but he's a lot harder & more commercial than I normally like.

Have a great weekend all!!!!

analyst is right on. the decor is awesome and Se7en is a reference to the seven deadly sins. Staff wears shirts with a sin on them! Funny shit. The system issues downstairs are a bit weird. The big speakers are all on one side but they are so powerful that you don't really get a onesided affect. The space itself isn't ideal acoustically in general, but overall, it does the job. I thought the light system in both rooms was awesome! Seems the owners are trying hard and trying to make a spot for themselves, as an alternative to CPI and Tavern AND in a different way. Tim and Justin tore shit up! I was very impressed. Tim had a great vibe going and seemed to be feeling the crowd. Justin was great as well. Should only get better as the summer goes on.

I went for the mem. w.e. got there at 11:30 upstairs is small and poshy-music sucked. downstairs- huge music was a little better. but then justin michaels came and the music was slamming. overall the place is nice-if j.m. spins the music is on the money. they even did afterhours which was cool. but they definately need a better air system- it was way too hot -worst than the factory. that was horrible. and afterhours was downstairs. good crowd and good looking. and you don't have to drive as far out as cpi's

• 2 weeks later...

HEY!

I am coming out to the hamptons this summer to visit home from San Francisco. This will be the first time I am there when it is warm and I will have a chance to party. What kind of music does this club seven have? IS it DrumNBass, house, trance...what? If it is not drumNbass..where can I find a club that has drumNbass. We will be going in the city too so if you can suggest some there to that would rock! Thanks

Aenea

No places in the Hamptons (that I know of) play D&B..PM me and I can give you a website & info on these kind of parties happening in NYC.

Pretty much...your fucked out east if you want to hear good music...no offense to the people who like hard & commercial stuff.

My BF is no longer playing all night @ se7en...he will resume after july 4th to warm up for another DJ (ppl dont appreciate good music outside of the city, so he washed his hands of that situation)--he plays the stuff you may be looking for (tech-house, west coast stuff---)---get in touch w/ me!!!

We went last friday...The place is beautiful and Oh my god... The DJ was so hot.. and the music was incredible. I think I'm in love.

I think that we are going back this friday.. and maybe thurs if I convince the girls to take an extended weekend.

I'm hoping that I can get the DJs digits.. anyone know if he is taken?? His name is Tim

Originally posted by sfhottie

We went last friday...The place is beautiful and Oh my god... The DJ was so hot.. and the music was incredible. I think I'm in love.

I think that we are going back this friday.. and maybe thurs if I convince the girls to take an extended weekend.

I'm hoping that I can get the DJs digits.. anyone know if he is taken?? His name is Tim

He posts on the board under ZooYorker.