Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anyone speak English anymore? WTF

Picture yourself if you will driving to some destination and along your route you become alittle lost...But lucky enough you spot a gas station up ahead....SALVATION! You drive up and politly ask the attendet directions. Of course he is some fucking sand monkey that just got his visa a few months ago.....Speaks NO english and understands nothing other then 'Fill it up, CASH'

WHAT THE FUCK!

Originally posted by shockwavepromo

Picture yourself if you will driving to some destination and along your route you become alittle lost...But lucky enough you spot a gas station up ahead....SALVATION! You drive up and politly ask the attendet directions. Of course he is some fucking sand monkey that just got his visa a few months ago.....Speaks NO english and understands nothing other then 'Fill it up, CASH'

WHAT THE FUCK!

Be nice pudding . Be nice.:tongue:

ok fuck this im orgainizing a mass deportation of all sand monkeys and any other persons that can not speak the english language. I will determine if you can speak english if you can correctly take my food order. If my order comes back incorrect YOUR ASS GETS DEPORTED! Whos with me?

Originally posted by djqwest

hey, it's not just "sand monkeys" any more. In Union City NJ, English is a second language for some.

If you jackass's are going to be ignorant and stupid, you should at least not be pussies too. The way I remember your little racial slur it's not "sand monkeys", now is it? Put your pointy little white hats back in the closet and then go kill yourselves.

My father couldn't speak the language when he got here and when on to do great things like knock up my mother and have me.

shockwave i know what you mean..i was at the dmv today, and i felt like i was in a foreign country...let's just say english was not the language being spoken by most of the people in there...and what bothers me even more, is that its like they're not even encouraged to make english their first language..they can take the test in spanish or whatever other language, get translators, etc...i say we stop making it so easy for them to get by without learning english!

Originally posted by boywonder77

My father couldn't speak the language when he got here and when on to do great things like knock up my mother and have me.

WOW YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO HONOR SOME1. . .CAN YOU GIVE A EULAGY (OR HOW EVER YOU REALY SPELL THAT) AT MY FUNERAL

:direct:GO AWAY

WHEN THEY WANT YOUR OPINION YOU CAN HAVE 1!

Hmmmm right and since all Americans are just American and didn't come from some other country... let's see, when your ancestors came here, unless you are 100% full blooded English, I can guarantee they at least had some deficiency in speaking English. See, shit like this gets to me because I will be going to Italy to study abroad next year, and when I go, I know I'm gonna sound like some idiot tourist, and I'm not gonna understand everything everyone says. I am going there on the hope that people will be understanding when I f*** up the subjunctive tense or when I can't remember how to say something. It's not easy to go somewhere and just pick up the language. No offense to anyone but most of the people here grew up speaking English and totally can't do it correctly even then. I'd be surprised if most Americans even know what a subjunctive tense is. I give these immigrants a WHOLE shitload of credit for coming here and risking everything to start over - that is far more balls than most would have. So everyone who's bitching, why don't you go check out what your last name is, and if it isn't purely english, and if you can't tell me how to conjugate an English verb into any tense I might throw your way, then STFU. I'd love to know how well you'd do when dropped fresh off the boat in another country. (I'd also love to know how well your ancestors did :rolleyes: )

HOLD ON NOW SWEETHEART

JUST BECAUSE SOME1 DOESN'T WANTO TO BE AN ENGLISH TEACHER AND TELL YOU THE PERFECT WAY TO WRITE A SENTENCE YOU THINK YOU ARE BETTER THAN THEM.

I GOT NEWS FOR YOU SWEETY"ENGLISH TEACHERS MAKE DICK"

SO GO AHEAD REACH FOR THE STARS FORM A GREAT SENTENCE AND MAKE NO MONEY

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by therealjr

HOLD ON NOW SWEETHEART

JUST BECAUSE SOME1 DOESN'T WANTO TO BE AN ENGLISH TEACHER AND TELL YOU THE PERFECT WAY TO WRITE A SENTENCE YOU THINK YOU ARE BETTER THAN THEM.

I GOT NEWS FOR YOU SWEETY"ENGLISH TEACHERS MAKE DICK"

SO GO AHEAD REACH FOR THE STARS FORM A GREAT SENTENCE AND MAKE NO MONEY

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

....and this is why you're a promoter, and will be forever. I'm an international diplomacy law student - I think I'll be making just plenty. Let me put my point in teeny tiny little bite size monosyllabic words for you (oops! that was a big one!) so you can get it:

Unless you are perfect yourself, and unless you have been in the position of an immigrant starting a new life, go back to your comfy house that no matter how ghetto is still better than what 75% of the world lives in, and shut up.

Wait, that might have been too tough for you:

If you grew up in Jerzee and have it eazy all ur life it is bad to make fun of peeps that don't cuz they are tryin' real hard.

Hmmm that wasn't in all caps though... hope that's okay. I tried :rolleyes:

vixenfoxxy, theres a difference between just visiting a country and not speaking the language well, and living in a country and not speaking the language...if you live in a country, you are entitled to all kinds of rights, like the right to vote, have your children educated...but because these people dont speak the language, our tax money goes to accomodating them...more spanish teachers in the schools, translators, all govt forms in spanish, etc..i think its ridiculous that in some american schools, children, whose 1st language is not english, learn their subjects in spanish...isnt there some requirement to become a citizen? or do we just let everyone in?

as for grandparents and great grandparents that came here from diff countries not speaking english, times are different now, they learned, and made sure their children learned..

Clubbincutie, I agree that immigrants should eventually assimilate into American culture insofar as that they at least learn the language. However, what I am trying to put across is that this is not an easy process. I learned Italian in school so when I move to Italy next year, I'll know what I'm doing anyway (and it's still scary). These people usually didn't even get an education in their own country, nevermind learning English, and it's a process that takes time. So for someone who just moved here from, say, Sudan, a month ago, it will not have been sufficient time to learn enough English to give directions, etc. In addition, it's even harder to learn English from a non-romance structured, latin-based language... I picked up Italian and Spanish very quickly, but when I started learning Swahili it was far more difficult because sentences, verbs and structures are all entirely different. Same goes for these people trying to learn English from native Arabic or Bantu or Swahili... it's just not easy. So people like Shockwave and the other biggots need to calm themselves - Rome was not built in a day, and niether do immigrants learn English in a day. Yes, maybe the attendant shockwave encountered was not making an effort, but chances are he was trying to learn the language and was having difficulties (I haven't even touched on the difference in learning abilities and levels between people as it varies between age, gender, early education, infant experiences, and on and on and on...). That's what got me annoyed.