Clubplanet Nightlife Community

comp help, please! "scripts" problem?!?!

i can't seem to get into certain websites 'cause i get windows that say, "an error has occured with scripts on this page," or something like that; "do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" and, no matter what i answer, the window'll pop right back up again, and i can't get into the site.

how do i fix this?

. . . hmmm. . .interesting . . I'd say about 7 times out of 10 that error is due to A) you haven't service packed internet explorer (and/or upgraded to the next version) or B) Bad coding on the website (something you can really do nothing about), with B being the more frequent cause . . .

here's one:

http://www.giantclub.com/may.htm

i just got this computer, and have changed some settings around in an attempt to fix this, but i may have messed it up some more. i had seemed to fix it at one point, but then it all just got fucked up again. and i'm signed on through aol, but switch to ie when i get pissed off. a lot of the time, though, "server cannot be found" in general, so i have to disconnect and start again :mad: . this is all very frustrating. i wish i had dsl, so i could talk to tech support and deal with this at the same time.

thanks for any help, guys!

Originally posted by hoke

It's not your fault -- the Javascript on that page is screwed up. You should be able to change the settings so the error message doesn't always pop up, though.

it's hit or miss with that page nowadays. by "it's not [my] fault," do you mean that i can't do anything about it or just that i didn't fuck it up personally? do you mean that if i change the settings the javascript thing'll work, or just that the error window won't come up?

Originally posted by weyes

it's hit or miss with that page nowadays. by "it's not [my] fault," do you mean that i can't do anything about it or just that i didn't fuck it up personally? do you mean that if i change the settings the javascript thing'll work, or just that the error window won't come up?

The bad coding really can't be fixed on your end. All you can do is send an email to the webmaster telling him/her to lay off the tina as he/she writes and maintains the webpage. Sprinkle such things "cock eating shit whore" and "worthless fuckface" into the message, I'm sure they'll get the point loud and clear.

Originally posted by weyes

Yeah, you can't fix the Javascript; the best you can do is keep the error from coming up.

Originally posted by hoke

Yeah, you can't fix the Javascript; the best you can do is keep the error from coming up.

You're taking way too moderate an approach here. You gotta call em nasty names, or they're gonna continue right on with their shitbag coding habits.

Originally posted by embodiedhate

The bad coding really can't be fixed on your end. All you can do is send an email to the webmaster telling him/her to lay off the tina as he/she writes and maintains the webpage. Sprinkle such things "cock eating shit whore" and "worthless fuckface" into the message, I'm sure they'll get the point loud and clear.

:laugh:

thanks, guys! it's good to know that at least something isn't wrong due to my lack of computer skills.