Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny Tenaglia vs Danny Howells!!!!

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

They're turning this once cool underground dance club into another Twilo wanna-be. Have you guys ever been to "Go" on 8th Avenue and 14th Street? That's what I imagine it to be like.

Wrong! NYC clubs are gonna have to pick it up somehow, Crobar is coming soon. I think Vinyl is doing the right thing, just as long as they don't change their be yourself policy.

The new managers are just trying to make a bigger profit. Look at the new crowd that's been showing up lately.

If that's what Danny wants, that's what Danny will get. When the party first started there would be no line and the bouncers would nod their heads at you knowing you were "in" or "one of us" so to speak. EVERYONE went there for the music. What are they trying to do to this place? Turn it into Saci or something?

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

The new managers are just trying to make a bigger profit. Look at the new crowd that's been showing up lately.

If that's what Danny wants, that's what Danny will get. When the party first started there would be no line and the bouncers would nod their heads at you knowing you were "in" or "one of us" so to speak. EVERYONE went there for the music. What are they trying to do to this place? Turn it into Saci or something?

I concur

One other point I want to throw out is the fact that you can't take an internationally renowned DJ and expect it not to become huge.

One thing I'm noticing is that people (and I'm not even gonna point fingers even though I could very easily) consider it an afterhours party when that is completely not the comcept.

Oh well, nothing lasts forever. I'll wait and see before I give my opinions on Arc.

Well, i spent some time chatting with a buddy of mine who's fairly well plugged in with the scene (and apparently with Yoshitoshi too - release coming out soon).

He spoke to mike bindra about what's happening with arc and Mike put his fears to rest apparently.

He is aiming to keep the vibe as pure as possible, but just trying to "clean up" the dungeon-esque look Vinyl always had. I personally don't like that idea, but thinking about how Twilo used to look, i can't imagine he's going to turn it into some guido-bar.

That brings me to point 2: he's totally against guido-bars.

Point 3- the liquor license is aimed at people who want some drinks to relax. Apparently tehy're going to be rather strict with drunken and obnoxious patrons. This is a good thing.

I'll believe it when i see it, but i'm giong to reserve my judgement.

[amazingly enough]

i cant belive it. deep dish. then dt vs. howells. im in shock. this is nutz. vinyl is perfect as is though. the place looks cool. they could update the sound and the a/c. and im thinkin the liquor bar is a bad idea for vinyl , but they gotta make money.