Clubplanet Nightlife Community

eminem - 0 stars

his previous 2 records were fun - this one is not

it is a self obsessed dark depressing rant

there is not one song that makes me wanna sing along or bob my head its all just like "i hate my mom" and shit

the songs changed from sex and drugs and robbery and making fun of people to just lawsuits and his stupid daughter and his drug addicted mom and shit its too depressing

the track towards the end "dads gone crazy" or something is pretty phat though

Originally posted by abortionator

Yeah I didn't really like it either... Especially when he said nobody listens to techno... Boy oh boy that really cooked my goose... 1 page... 2 pages.. 3 pages... 4 pages...

you said it, bro!

Originally posted by abortionator

5 pages... 6 pages... 7 pages... 8 pages... Cause I mean I personally listen to techno and so do a lot of my friends so I mean he's just talking out of his ass

He's bitching about "techno" like the mainstream definition of "techno" which is anything remotely electronic. Like when I was spinning at a house party:

"Do you take requests?"

"No."

"Is it going to be techno all night?"

<resists temptation to point out it's progressive and tribal house>

"Yes."

Clueless, the lot of 'em. :mad:

see...this is when i get vicious. assholes who dont know shit about rap (not hip hop) should not talk about it. eminems new album is fuckin FIRE! every track is tight ..the one with Nate Dogg is amazing.. i cant believe assholes on this board would take such a stand and criticize Em because of some dumb shit not even related to his skills. im surprised cause we have to listen to this shit from the rest of the country lovin classic rock listenin hip hop spinnin assholes . i bet none of u even sat down and truly listened to his lyrics....ur talkin about perhaps the greatest lyricist of all time , who never came whack on any track. so next time someone puts an album out..whether it be timo maas.. dieselboy..sasha and diggers ..tiesto..pvd..im gona come outright and put it on blast on the boards without even listening to it .

i dont see why everyone keeps gettin so upset bout the "nobody listens to techno" comment. jeez..why take it personally? he was makin fun of moby...thats why he said it. lighten up.

anyway...i agree that the cd isnt so great. it is just a long rant bout his problems. idk...im thinkin itll grow on me eventually..but there's not really one song that jumped out at me and i thought was good.

Originally posted by echostar

theres no doubt that hes talented....he is very talented im just saying that the songs arent as much fun to listen to as the previous ones...its kinda a drag to me

MAAN... WHAT A DRAG! :mad::laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by joeg

MAAN... WHAT A DRAG! :mad::laugh: :laugh:

Don't lie, Joe, I know you're disappointed... you've been saving your allowance for what, like five weeks so you could buy the new Eminem -- and now someone tells you it's not FUN???

Oh well, you can blow that money on drinks at Coal tonight instead :D