Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats da Deal With Trance Fridays @ Space, No More Dave

djdekan

I Saw a Flyer @ Space that say new House & Rap Fridays @ Space with Tracy Young and DJ Irie. WTF

I think That is Bullshit and I know Dave wassn't filling the place but dont ditch Trance. I need more info and I know Picotoo and PVd are coming but this is weird. And please no post "Thank God I hate Trance"

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by djdekan

I Saw a Flyer @ Space that say new House & Rap Fridays @ Space with Tracy Young and DJ Irie. WTF

I think That is Bullshit and I know Dave wassn't filling the place but dont ditch Trance. I need more info and I know Picotoo and PVd are coming but this is weird. And please no post "Thank God I hate Trance"

Thank God I hate Trance

Simply put, it wasn't filling the place. Space takes a lot to keep going. 400 people in a 4,000 capacity venue isn't gonna cut it. Not too sure if this new night will suceed, either...Tracy Young is great, but she has yet to break out of the circuit party scene, as a DJ...not that she needs to, her remixing career is tops. Plus, it's 18+, which will be a logistical nightmare, both from the perspective of Space, and the Miami PD.

The real Miami club culture as a whole has moved beyond trance. "Serious" clubbers are all about the house music nowadays. Look at the content of this board...Aquabooty at Rain takes most of CP with it on Fridays, and anytime crobar books a GU, Nubreed, or other prog/house DJ, CP is there....

I put serious in quotes, since it's the best term I could find for "those people". The only successful trance nights nowadays are Leveloution and Edgar's residency at Liquid, and they take up 99 percent of the tranceheads in town. They also take up the whole Hialeah/Kendall market, which are big trance markets, for good or for worse.

I like trance, I also like house. If I can dance to it, it's good for me. But I also realise what it takes to make a club succesful, and having a recurring trance night, in a town with two dominant ones, is not the way to go.

Besides, doesn't Dave do afterhours now at The Living Room Downtown? Dave's always been an afterhours DJ to me, it's a good thing if he is there...

Dan >disagree with you on one point. serious clubbers are about music. regardless of its manufactured title. not to insult anyone on the board. however cp miami represents ,a minor percentage of club culture in miami.

addressing Dekan’s query. bottom line Space is a business.. If what your doing isn’t making money. you try to due things which might. friday nite is a tradiontally slow nite for clubs in south florida. the crappy economy doesn’t help matters either.. often people cannot afford to go out, friday and saturday nite. Space is trying a different format; with the hope that it will add some fire to friday nites. which have been slow as of late. Tracy Young is an awesome talent, who can play any style of music. although she has strong house and tribal roots. Tracy Young just maybe able to revitalize Friday nites. as she has a strong following, and a solid reputation.

Originally posted by pod

Simply put, it wasn't filling the place. Space takes a lot to keep going. 400 people in a 4,000 capacity venue isn't gonna cut it. Not too sure if this new night will suceed, either...Tracy Young is great, but she has yet to break out of the circuit party scene, as a DJ...not that she needs to, her remixing career is tops. Plus, it's 18+, which will be a logistical nightmare, both from the perspective of Space, and the Miami PD.

The real Miami club culture as a whole has moved beyond trance. "Serious" clubbers are all about the house music nowadays. Look at the content of this board...Aquabooty at Rain takes most of CP with it on Fridays, and anytime crobar books a GU, Nubreed, or other prog/house DJ, CP is there....

I put serious in quotes, since it's the best term I could find for "those people". The only successful trance nights nowadays are Leveloution and Edgar's residency at Liquid, and they take up 99 percent of the tranceheads in town. They also take up the whole Hialeah/Kendall market, which are big trance markets, for good or for worse.

I like trance, I also like house. If I can dance to it, it's good for me. But I also realise what it takes to make a club succesful, and having a recurring trance night, in a town with two dominant ones, is not the way to go.

Besides, doesn't Dave do afterhours now at The Living Room Downtown? Dave's always been an afterhours DJ to me, it's a good thing if he is there...

Pardon me Danny boy..... :laugh:

Originally posted by pod

amen!

come join the "A" crowd everyone, we're usually at rain :laugh:

Let me clarify on serious. :)

What I meant to say was, those clubbers who tend to set the pace for everyone else...they've all gone house, dragging a good chunk of the rest of the crowd with them. Grant it, there's economic reasons too. Sobeton is right, Fridays are so damn slow. Even when the economy was good, they were slow, since everyone is toast from working all week, and just want to relax...if they go out it's usually more chill, hence Rain. Hell, I'm out 4 nights a week at least, and I still want to take it easy on Friday. I like trance, but not on a Friday really. Trance for me is a Sunday 6 AM thing in a little room a block south of crobar and the old Liquid.

If you want to truly have a successful trance night in Miami, you can't appeal to the beach crowd or the 'clubbing elite', you've got to appeal to the masses over in Kendall and so forth. For them, trance is a big deal, Oakenfuck is akin to God, and PvD represents the second coming.

For the 'elite' folk it is different, trance is either hated or merely tolerated, Oakie is Satan, and PvD blew his load a long time ago.

You want a successful trance night, drop 10,000 flyers onto the UM campus, another 10,000 onto the FIU campus, and about 50,000 more over Kendall. There's your new trance market. With that crowd, Acosta, Edgar, and Dave can all have a great following.

sample a little of everything on the menu; or stick to what everyone else is having..

back to the house- trance delusion. who fawking cares ! there is an audience for every style of music, be it house, trance, hip-hop, etc. if the beats work for you; then go for it.. :bounce:

Originally posted by pod

Let me clarify on serious. :)

What I meant to say was, those clubbers who tend to set the pace for everyone else...they've all gone house, dragging a good chunk of the rest of the crowd with them. Grant it, there's economic reasons too. Sobeton is right, Fridays are so damn slow. Even when the economy was good, they were slow, since everyone is toast from working all week, and just want to relax...if they go out it's usually more chill, hence Rain. Hell, I'm out 4 nights a week at least, and I still want to take it easy on Friday. I like trance, but not on a Friday really. Trance for me is a Sunday 6 AM thing in a little room a block south of crobar and the old Liquid.

If you want to truly have a successful trance night in Miami, you can't appeal to the beach crowd or the 'clubbing elite', you've got to appeal to the masses over in Kendall and so forth. For them, trance is a big deal, Oakenfuck is akin to God, and PvD represents the second coming.

For the 'elite' folk it is different,

trance is either hated or merely tolerated, Oakie is Satan, and PvD blew his load a long time ago.

You want a successful trance night, drop 10,000 flyers onto the UM campus, another 10,000 onto the FIU campus, and about 50,000 more over Kendall. There's your new trance market. With that crowd, Acosta, Edgar, and Dave can all have a great following.

Dude you are way off base.... In your world you have defined the "elite" and thats excatly what the scence NOT about. "I'm at this house club, listening to some fawking house DJ and I'm elite" LOL. nothing more pathetic. have a nice day... buhbye.

Originally posted by attomic

Dude you are way off base.... In your world you have defined the "elite" and thats excatly what the scence NOT about. "I'm at this house club, listening to some fawking house DJ and I'm elite" LOL. nothing more pathetic. have a nice day... buhbye.

come on, Serge.... come party with us tonight.... you know you wanna hang with us and be COOL!!! :tongue::laugh:

So if u like TRance and live in Hialeah or Kendall you cant be part of the 'clubbing elite'???

C'mon, give me a break, what is a 'clubbing elite' anyways,

What happens is that a lot of people in Miami are considering House music as something new, what is not, and some of them are getting bored allready. Deep Dish an Danny Tenaglia dont pack the clubs like they used to.

Trance , House, lets see whats next...