Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats da Deal With Trance Fridays @ Space, No More Dave

djdekan

:rolleyes:

not MY problem ;)

actually that reminds me.......the first night I played at Billboard, the breakbeats caused more movement than the progressive......ask Nick or Pod.....I was impressed....I thought that breaks were for "raves" and kids but not so......at least that night it looked like Miami was ready.....I dunno.....I'll keep sneaking them in when I can......some people won't even know the difference....

I know what you mean phrank.......but look at Edgar V for example....he throws down some breaks every now and then and I'm sure nobody cares and he's a big name DJ in Miami..........prog/trance/whatever......if you have a bigtime following, I'm sure you could get away with some breaks as well as trance or house no matter what town you're in.....if the music makes people dance, then what's the big deal?......now drum and bass is another story.......that would be a harder genre to push onto Miami, but I think Miami wouldn't be a tough town to push breaks on......at this time I wouldn't imagine getting away with an entire set of breaks at Space or Crobal or Level, but a little bit of breaks here and there won't hurt.....it's already being done......

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i say techno or tech. house....

I agree with you, tech house is BLOWING up.

So Space will be 18+ on fridays? When is this supposed to begin? As you see I am from NY so I don't really have a clue as to what goes on in Miami, but I will be there in July so I am curious.

I'm not opposed to Space, I'm just not in favor of an 18+ night there. 18+ nights in Miami never go without controversy, think of all the places that have been shut down in recent years. I may decry certain aspects of Space (crowd, security), but I appreciate what it has done for our scene as a whole, and would hate to see it in real trouble. Not to parrot the party line, but Space is "like no other place"....where else can you party from 1 AM until well after 1 PM on a Sunday? When friends of mine from out of town come, I take them to Space, pure and simple. For me, Space has been done out, I'm not big on the patio anymore, and the crowd in general irks me...but to the visitor, Space is something out of a movie, hard to believe. Plus, Space dollars support Spin, which I truly enjoy...and they pay Oscar, Roland, and a few other friends of mine hehe :)

Call me elitist, but it's just how I feel about the situation. Besides, I'd rather take a 20 something or early 30 something girl from crobar, Spin, Liquid, or Level who has an iota of sophistication, rather than an 18 year old (or younger! see Saleen's posts on 18+ in Fort Ladeedaa) who just got over thinking Nsync is the shit. :laugh: