Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Safe From Harm;classic, Dumb Pop Song, Or Guido Anthem

I'm just interested in getting everyone's thoughts on it.

So serious inquiries please ;)

I personally don't see anything see anything special about this song. In fact the first time I heard it I had to leave the dance floor at Vinyl. The only people singing it and feeling this one were the dumb muscles head, Z caverichi wearing muscle head doons and their 96 lb silicoln displaying girl friends. :letsgo:

This just doesn't do anything for me, how about you?

Refering to anyone in general especially those from the right,

Big Ralph from the left.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

THE FIRST TIME I HEARD IT I THOUGHT IT SUCKED :constipa:

I actually liked rapture and felt it until radio land got a hold of it.

:puke

MY QUESTION IS WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT SAFE FROM HARM?

WHY BECAUSE DANNY' S PLAYING SO THEREFORE IT MAKES IT A GOOD SONG?

THE LEFT IS VERY CURIOUS THESE DAYS,

BIG RALPH

Originally posted by cakewalk

THE FIRST TIME I HEARD IT I THOUGHT IT SUCKED :constipa:

I actually liked rapture and felt it until radio land got a hold of it.

:puke

MY QUESTION IS WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT SAFE FROM HARM?

WHY BECAUSE DANNY' S PLAYING SO THEREFORE IT MAKES IT A GOOD SONG?

THE LEFT IS VERY CURIOUS THESE DAYS,

BIG RALPH

everyones got their own opinion. i just happen to think its a really good song. some other ppl dont. no big deal. just listen to wut u like and ull be happy. if u dont like a song...delete it after u dl it, and never think bout it again ;)

Originally posted by BKDJ

The track was only hot back in the day with danny t's mix ONLY!

DO YOU HONESTLY CONSIDER 6 to 8 months ago "BACK IN THE DAY".

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OR WAS THAT THE FIRST TIME YOU DISCOVERED VINYL.:blank:

BIG RALPH FROM THE LEFT:blah:

VINYL IN JUST A YEARS PERIOD, AT LEAST FRIDAY NIGHT HAS JUST DONE A COMPLETE 360

:huh::screwy:

I WENT FRIDAY for the FIRST TIME IN THREE MONTHS.

THE MUSIC HAS GOTTEN REALLY FLUFFY ALMOST to the point of pop.:jawdrop:

THE LEFT CAN BE A BLUE PLACE THESE DAYS,

RALPH

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . you guys want a real classic . . look up Safe From Harm by Massive Attack . . now THAT is the only song that deserves that name . . . Ok . .enough leet talk for today . . ;) . .

Exactly.

The productions on "Safe from Harm" is pretty good, but to be quite honest, I thought the vocals sucked balls.

Kinda strang how everybody blew it up *shrugs* but to each their own. As long as people aren't still bitchin' about that "trippin" song. My goodness that one blows...

THe first time i heard that track, Danny dropped it at like 5 or 6am after we were SEROUSLY beaten over the head with hard beats. It seemed right at the time and I got into it.

When i got home and listened to it it sounded alright. It's not a bad track... not the greatest track either but it's not bad.

Then again when a track goes commercial it does cheapen things up.

busta,

You always seem to know what NIKI is wearing every friday from your weekly Niki Bashing post????

:smoke::shades2:

hmmmmmmmmm,

Curious Ralph:goofy:

I used to go every Friday when the party first started, and then took a long break. Finally I returned after about 6 months and well, she pissed me off and so did the bouncer.

Originally posted by lavendermenace

Its a chick track.

Its serves its purpose.

:tongue:

My thoughts exactly Bathroom brake.:flush:

Busta,

I hear you on the security. The current security is so rude and arrogant and all on power trips.

I remember "Back in the day" and I mean 98 to about 2000 the staff at Vinyl was really friendly, espcially Chuckie and Saint Laurence and they were really cool to the regularsl.

I hear Chuckie now is ead of security at Shelter.

If only we can go back like the way we use to.

The leftest Raplh

I WENT FRIDAY for the FIRST TIME IN THREE MONTHS.

THE MUSIC HAS GOTTEN REALLY FLUFFY ALMOST to the point of pop.:jawdrop:

THE LEFT CAN BE A BLUE PLACE THESE DAYS,

RALPH

Now I'm convinced that you're a fucking moron...

If what you heard last friday was fluffy, then you must one of those K-ed out fat kids at the corner of the little room of a rave "listenin" to hardcore...

get a fucking clue from someone who was there last friday night...Tenaglia was unusually hard last friday...just a bit less harder than Howells was the night after...your weak excuse for a convincing argument shows the general immaturity people associated with when they speak of a shitty vibe...

and about Safe From Harm...how in the fuck can you degrate a great song like that because the only people feeling it were "dumb muscles head, Z caverichi wearing muscle head doons and their 96 lb silicoln displaying girl friends?" Who cares who enjoyed that song? if it sounds good to your ears, then it's good song...and guess what, schmuck? a large amount of people who have heard safe from harm in the beginning loved it...so it was generally regarded as quality...

you gotta also take in the fact that those guidos you speak of only make up a controlled %age, and certainly not all, of Danny T's crowd...

so look you half-witted piece of buffalo shit, any song that you hear after 8 consecutive months becomes tiring to your ears, and safe from harm is no different...so stop the uneccessary drama and go read a book...

always right when the left makes no fuckin sense,

big highmay from straight at ya

Originally posted by cintron

haha holy shit highmay :)

guess i can always count on your blunt sharp-edged opinion anytime you're feelin' it.

See you on Saturday?

what up cintron...and nah bro...im taking the weekend off...ill be in connecticut for the weekend...

Originally posted by highmay

Now I'm convinced that you're a fucking moron...

If what you heard last friday was fluffy, then you must one of those K-ed out fat kids at the corner of the little room of a rave "listenin" to hardcore...

get a fucking clue from someone who was there last friday night...Tenaglia was unusually hard last friday...just a bit less harder than Howells was the night after...your weak excuse for a convincing argument shows the general immaturity people associated with when they speak of a shitty vibe...

and about Safe From Harm...how in the fuck can you degrate a great song like that because the only people feeling it were "dumb muscles head, Z caverichi wearing muscle head doons and their 96 lb silicoln displaying girl friends?" Who cares who enjoyed that song? if it sounds good to your ears, then it's good song...and guess what, schmuck? a large amount of people who have heard safe from harm in the beginning loved it...so it was generally regarded as quality...

you gotta also take in the fact that those guidos you speak of only make up a controlled %age, and certainly not all, of Danny T's crowd...

so look you half-witted piece of buffalo shit, any song that you hear after 8 consecutive months becomes tiring to your ears, and safe from harm is no different...so stop the uneccessary drama and go read a book...

always right when the left makes no fuckin sense,

big highmay from straight at ya

Interesting response their EL PISTO :mad3:

Well listen here winner. :kiss2:

I'm the one who is "immature and a schmuck"? Look at the way your presenting yourself by replying to my post.

Isn't this board supposed to be based on opinions. I'm sorry" If the song brings tears to your eyes everytime you hear it after dropping two double stacks hey then all the power to you.

Anyway, If you like the song that is fine and if you feel it's the best thing since "DO IT AGAIN" and "It's not right but it's okay the word. I am just merely saying I just don't like the song. Also I jsut wanted to know other people's thoughts and opinions. Furthermore I feel the song is reall lacking?

:direct: What makes it a Quality song there sizzle chest? Please advise?

Also I have been listening to Danny for years now, since the days he occaisonaly made his appearances on 21st at the sound factory bar on thursday nights. EriK Morrillo would also play that night, Rob Fernandez was the promoter.

I have followed Danny's style through the years and feel that years ago he would not touch songs like "Safe From Harm" and "Little Bit Paranoid". They are all catchy sing along tunes that seem to appeal to yourself and the rest of the one sided superficial crowd.

:cheese:

Ohhhh and Danny was playing "Unusually Hard". You call that Hard??? Let's go back to the Tunnel years and even the first few years of Vinyl, i don;t think you know what hard was? Well then again you probably have had your share of build-ups. Do You consider "professional Widow" and "Little Bit Paranoid" hard. hmmmmmmm I was the one in the corner on K...interesting and I have no clue.

I don't do drugs either by the way there son. The only thing I take is Stacker 2 which keeps me awake.

Anyways when you get a clue and some actual class then post and fully back up your post with logic and not dumb hostility because your life sucks. :cry:

I don't know who you nor do I care but the last few times i have been to Vinyl and from what i have been hearing is that the crowd has been one sided. There seems to be no more diversity in the crowd as it once was. It's been nothing but a shirtless "meathead" convention ala "Sound Crackory".

It's too bad you only discovered Vinyl 7 months ago.

LONG LIVE SHAWN INK AND TONY DRAPER.

(THE ULTIMATE DREAM TAG TEAM)

POSSIBLY billed as Crash Night.

Ralph:hat:

Also I have been listening to Danny for years now, since the days he occaisonaly made his appearances on 21st at the sound factory bar on thursday nights. EriK Morrillo would also play that night, Rob Fernandez was the promoter.

I have followed Danny's style through the years and feel that years ago he would not touch songs like "Safe From Harm" and "Little Bit Paranoid". They are all catchy sing along tunes that seem to appeal to yourself and the rest of the one sided superficial crowd.

:cheese:

Ralph:hat:

I'm with you here completely. I used to go to the original Sound Factory when Junior was there and caught Danny at the Tunnel a couple times. The majority of people who attend Vinyl these days aren't fully aware of what Danny's original style was. He is playing a lot of trancier/progressive sounds these days. I think Athens represents him at the Tunnel more than Back to Basics. Don't worry Ralph, some of these kids don't know what they're talking about.

Yeah honestly it's interesting to see his progression over the years. If anybody gets a chance, try and get Pete Tong's Essential mix of DT in Miami back in 94. Seriously he was like Bad Boy Bill at 125bpm. I think the whole dark/deep/tribal/proggy thing has gotten TOO out of hand lately. It's at the point where it muds up everyone's style - nothing sounds unique and catchy anymore. It's all Boom BaBoom Ba BOOM.

His sound has always had a unique edge:

Back To Basics = DT @ Vinyl

GU London = DT @ Twilo (my opinon)

Athens = DT @ Tunnel.

Essential Miami = DT @ Miami (duh!)

BIG diff. in sound. Honestly i wish he'd give it more of that miami feel. It had so much energy and LIGHT.

Everything as of late in NYC is dark, dirty and danky. It's stifling.