Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This is long, but if you have time read.

After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her drivers

license with her face covered, I believe this is even more appropriate. Read on, please!

This is an Editorial written by an American citizen, published in a

Tampa Newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he?

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the politic!!ally correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America.

Our population is almost entirely composed of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.

As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been

developed over centuries of struggles, trial! ! s, and victories by

millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian,right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian

men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First

Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every

opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national

motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom,

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

***I agree with this, just wanted some other opinions.***

I agree for the most part. However, we do not have an official language. Right or wrong, it does not say anywhere that English is the offficial language of America. Most likely because of the "melting pot" society we are and no one wanting to be politically incorrect.

Originally posted by cmb1975

I agree for the most part. However, we do not have an official language. Right or wrong, it does not say anywhere that English is the offficial language of America. Most likely because of the "melting pot" society we are and no one wanting to be politically incorrect.

I think this country is just ass backwards sometimes!!!!!!:mad:

I agree 100%...you right it does not say anywhere that English is our official language. But I believe it is understood, and no other language it overall understood and spoken. Knowing other languages and speaking them is a bonus to anyone who knows them, but not learning to speak English is only going to result in our govenrment spending more money on welfare and other means of financial support because we all know if don't know English your not getting a good job in this country. Then while your collecting our hard earned tax dollars you bitch and moan about our government and wish you never came here. Just an opinion.

Originally posted by sexyinthecity

I agree 100%...you right it does not say anywhere that English is our official language. But I believe it is understood, and no other language it overall understood and spoken. Knowing other languages and speaking them is a bonus to anyone who knows them, but not learning to speak English is only going to result in our govenrment spending more money on welfare and other means of financial support because we all know if don't know English your not getting a good job in this country. Then while your collecting our hard earned tax dollars you bitch and moan about our government and wish you never came here. Just an opinion.

I agree, no other country in the world "caters" to vistors like we do......

It is true we all were immigrants somewhere in our ancestry, but we all learned english. And I am not against letting these people in for the freedoms America offers, but not to learn how to fly a plane, or poison people, or profess hatred against this country, or to never learn to adapt to this country and remain only speaking the language you knew coming in.

Originally posted by sexyinthecity

sexy...couldnt have said it better myself..english is our language and i think its ridiculous that we don't make it official because of concerns of offending other groups of people..they chose to come here, and if they dont like the fact that english is our language, they can go right back home...

this is relevant to the post, its actually from a 14 yr old kid that posted it on my website..after 9/11

THIS GOVERNMENT IS FUKED UP....PRESIDENT BUSH KNEW THAT THESE SICK FUKS WERE GONNA DESTROY OR ATTEMPT TO DESTROY THE WTC....IN FACT BOTH THE PERSIAN GULF WAR AND THE ATTACK ON 9/11 WHERE BOTH DIRECTED AT THE BUSH'S OLD AND NEW....THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE BUSH'S OWN 90 % OF THE OIL IN TEXAS AND WE GET MOST OF OUR OIL FROM THE PERSIAN GULF VIA (SADAMM HUSEIN AND BIN LADEN) AND IF WE CUT OFF TIES WITH THOSE COUNTRIES VIA IMBARGO (STOP OF TRADING) WE WILL HAVE TO GET ALL OUR OIL FROM TEXAS (UMM THE BUSH'S) THIS IS A POWER OF MONOPOLY FROM THEM....

SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT THE GOVERNMENT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE TERRORIST ATTACKS ON 9/11 WHY U ASK? BECAUSE EVERYONE IS TIRED OF POLITICIANS THAT LIE ABOUT THING AND PEOPLE IN MINE AND YOU GENERATION ARE SELF DEPENDENT....AND WE COULD REALLY DUE WITH OUT A PRESIDENT IF YOU ASK ME....BUT TERROR STRIKES AND WE ARE FORCED TO NEED A SPOKES PERSON.....THEY PUT THE FEAR INTO THE COUNTRY TO URGE AND FORCE THE NEED OF POLITICIANS.....

FUK THE GOVERNMENT.....THEY ARE ALL ACTORS WITH $$$$....THEY SAY THEY WILL DO THIS THAT AND THE OTHER AND NONE OF IT HAPPENS.....

being aware of the behind the scenes is very important...

and i feel we should all Respect Each other...Religion, color, and beliefes.....but we as americans cater to everyone's beliefs and they dont cater to ours equally.....

It goes back to speak our language or atleast try to learn it!!!! I cant even go to the BLimpies in the Monouth Mall cuz they dont speak any English at all ( i say no mayo I get extra mayo..).....and The chinees Resturant speaks Perfect English how is that....Its CAlled EDUCATION!!!!!!

good topic....sorry went crazy alil...

Its fine to be multi-lingual (i know big word) but you should have English as the laguage you use in stores, DMV or and public place.. Want to speak another language do it in your own home..

Want to be american be an american.. But do as Americans do not as what you would do in your native country!!

i totally agree w/ wat you guys are saying. it really pisses me off when people live and work in this country and they can't even speak english. and the sad part about it, is that the US caters to them. the driving test is in how many languages now?? if you can't read english then how the hell can you drive if you can't read what "stop" means. also, like u guys were saying...this one group gets upset if someone says something or says that they are offended by it or its not politically correct. omg. its just so agrevating sometimes. sowwy havin a bad day ~ just my 2 cents :mad3:

Originally posted by djaparz

Its fine to be multi-lingual (i know big word) but you should have English as the laguage you use in stores, DMV or and public place.. Want to speak another language do it in your own home..

Want to be american be an american.. But do as Americans do not as what you would do in your native country!!

Don't you love the fact that NJ DMV test comes in like 8 languages!!!! They can't speak a word of english, but can drive on our streets and in our towns......:mad:

Originally posted by djprime

and i feel we should all Respect Each other...Religion, color, and beliefes.....but we as americans cater to everyone's beliefs and they dont cater to ours equally.....

It goes back to speak our language or atleast try to learn it!!!! I cant even go to the BLimpies in the Monouth Mall cuz they dont speak any English at all ( i say no mayo I get extra mayo..).....and The chinees Resturant speaks Perfect English how is that....Its CAlled EDUCATION!!!!!!

good topic....sorry went crazy alil...

Agreed. I respect everyone and try not to make biased judgements, but hey if people don't wanna respect me or my country...then leave or deal with people not liking or respecting you back. What goes around comes back around.