Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bankruptcy

Originally posted by nypartykid79

I'm going to file for Bankruptcy. I really thought this idea threw. I know it is the best for me. How can I start filing for Bankruptcy.

Thanks

Talk to a bankruptcy attorney. Don't look for legal advice on a clubbing messageboard, especially since you've given very little information about yourself. You may not even qualify--it will depend on the facts of your case. A bankruptcy attorney will run you about 800 bucks for the whole process. That's your best bet. Good luck.

Yeah you will be scarred for a long time. If you want to buy a house or car anytime in the near future, forget about it. It's not impossible to get financing, but you're going to be paying ridiculous interest rates if you do. Not worth it IMO unless you have massive credit card debt.

thanks but I didn't really know where to start.. I figured somebody will know. I know that bankruptcy will hurt in the long run, but being 15+ or more g's in debt, with no real job ,college student that dont really own anything important, and 21.

Hire an attorney and file bankruptcy ASAP. because in few months you won't be able to file bankruptcy. don't worry about the credit problems in the future because it seems to me you won't be buying a house or new car in near future even if you had no debts anyway. and the jobmarket will get even worse for next years.

so be realistic, file a bankruptcy until it's too late and get a new fresh start.

Originally posted by nypartykid79

I already know about the school loans, thats another 30g plus what I already owe.

Dude I suggest not to do it. Your still a student, why fuck up your credit now? Just pay the minimum payment on your credit cards or whatever. 15,000+ that's a lot even for minimum payments. It also matters where you have that 15,000 dollars of debt. Maybe seek some kind of financial advisor first. Cause dude your still young. Your still in school. Your still yet to get a job. Just try to pull through college then once you graduate and have at the least a decent job. Then you start really paying off your debt. That's my advice. Nevertheless, good luck.

what about those debt consolidation places. Not the ripoff loan sharks, but rather the non-profit gov't funded organizations. I think what they do is negotiate with all your creditors, try to knock the interest rates down, get a settlement value for your debt, and you just pay that agency a single amount for all debt each month. Still bad having all those settlements on your credit history, but at least you aren't screwed for 10 years.