Clubplanet Nightlife Community

US. vs. Portugal

saifuku

Was everyone sleeping this morning @ 4:55 or was I the only one to catch it?

I'm not going to ruin it for those who didn't watch it, but watch the reply @ 3:00pm today.

THE BEST GAME OF THE TOURNAMENT SO FAR!!!!!

(I'm still pumped up from the game!!!)

Isn't it being replayed tonight?

Nope only at 3.... which is annoying cause I would really like to see it now!!!!

And a fluke Scratch????? More likely they didn't really beleive that group of underdogs could put up much of a fight. Figured it would be a cake walk and got spanked in the process..... wonder if it's like the England game..... one team looked good then the other one right??? But I'm assuming Port. had plenty of chances to get back in it and just messed it up..... OVER RATED!!!!!!!!!

Hey I was talking about the Portugese and the chants apparently the US croud was chanting...... make no mistake... I want the US to win and win big - any way they can.

They finally got rid of some of those useless/gutless players they had from the past..... so now they're good - and fun to watch!!!

Sorry if you misinterpreted my statement. GO USA!!!!

My bad...;)

Don't get me started........Agoos sucks in my opinion....and Hedjuk (sp?) is even worse....

they younger boyz played their hearts out this morning and with Claudia playing next game.....we should at least get another point with at least a tie.....

(fingers crossed)

Originally posted by saifuku

My bad...;)

Don't get me started........Agoos sucks in my opinion....and Hedjuk (sp?) is even worse....

they younger boyz played their hearts out this morning and with Claudia playing next game.....we should at least get another point with at least a tie.....

(fingers crossed)

probably the ones that suck the most are the ones that play in the MLS

I see a pattern here.... aren't they all defenders???

The worst was that damn defender - Alexi Lalas (sp?)...... chicken shit, horrible player!!!!

I used to live overseas and got to watch numerous friendlies between the US and whoever...... I've never seen someone look so pathetic in my life!!!!!! Half the time it was as if he wasn't even on the pitch!!! The other half.... well his body was in the way - sometimes....... so that at least was a small contribution to the cause......

I think it is highly possible for them to get another point. US v Korea is a very important game and then Korea v Port another.... but hoping they make it!!!!!

As a side, another favorite moment of this cup is the commercials... especially the Nike one with Eric Cantona!!!! Le Roi RULES!!!!! (Eric the KING)

Originally posted by sauvee88

As a side, another favorite moment of this cup is the commercials... especially the Nike one with Eric Cantona!!!! Le Roi RULES!!!!! (Eric the KING)

Cantona? Cantona sux ass....elite players prove that they are elite by playing their best when theyplay for their national squad, he never lived up to the hype when he was on the french squad, failing misserably in qualifying for Italia 90, ousted in the first round of Euro 92, and not making it to US 94.

That he made a name for himself at Man U, well he did, but he was never an elite player as Zidane is.

I never said he was elite. Zidane IS a much better player, but you've got to like the guy..... something about him.... well actually you either love him or hate him - and if you don't like Man. U. then I guess you hate him...... your loss.

He was masterfull with his feet though - some of his later matches with Man U are SO damn exciting to watch.... very creative/lucky - but that made it fun to watch. Like watching Beckham on a penalty kick or a corner kick - how much is that ball going to curl and where is he going to put it??? Truely a wonderous thing to watch!!!

Sometimes the elite players are not always the most enjoyable to watch - sometimes they are - but someone that can raise their level of play and put on a good show and really come out of no where with something crazy...... that's what makes you keep watching. IMO

I am soooo fucking pissed now:mad: All day long i was trying to avoid finding out the score, cause i taped this game: didnt go to internet news sites, no tv, etc. I go to NY board and some dude posted the result in headline of the thread.

theres nothing worse that watching a game to which you already know the score.

BTW, i am very embarrassed by the way Russia played last night.

something about him.... well actually you either love him or hate him - and if you don't like Man. U. then I guess you hate him...... your loss.

I would like him better if he would shave his head...:tongue:

img06.jpg

I never said he was elite. Zidane IS a much better player, but you've got to like the guy..... something about him.... well actually you either love him or hate him - and if you don't like Man. U. then I guess you hate him...... your loss.

I especially liked when Man U crashed out of european competitions when he was there. That was always mighty enjoyable. He just struck it lucky in England, he was a player with tons of potential that never made it in France, you would get glimpses of it at Montpellier and Marseille, but he nevr broke through there, even though it was the glory years of Marseille with Papin, Deschamps, Boli, Sauzee, Desailly (who was coming through in those years) et al. he never made it until he got to Leeds and helped them win the championship in '92.

But to me, an elite player proves it at the national squad level. There are tons of players out there who were exquisite watching them play for their clubs, currently like Del Piero, Rivaldo, to name 2...but players like Baggio and Romario always come to your mind because they made things happen when their national teams needed them.

Originally posted by vicman

But to me, an elite player proves it at the national squad level. There are tons of players out there who were exquisite watching them play for their clubs, currently like Del Piero, Rivaldo, to name 2...but players like Baggio and Romario always come to your mind because they made things happen when their national teams needed them.

don't forget Batistuta!!!

\/ \/ \/ \/