Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Forgive and Forget?

lollib

One of my best friends has been with her boyfriend on and off again for 4 years. They have just recently gotten back together. I am not to fond of him cause last July, he did something pretty fucked up to me. I am not one to hold grudges and my friend now feels like she is in the middle of everything. He said he wants to apologize for what he did but it is a year later. I am thinking of just letting him apologize and forgetting about it cause I know I will be seeing him and dont want to my friend ito be in an awkward position. What would you do?

what is this fucked up thing he did? if you think it will affect their relationship in the future, then maybe u need to think about telling her about this.

if not, then let the dude apologize....guys can be so simple-minded at times, and perhaps he really will be sincere about his apology...good luck

I can forgive but I cant forget. Im not sure what he did to you, but In the past whenever someone has fucked up on me(DEPENDING ON HOW BAD THEY FUCKED UP) because Im sorry to say but some things are just unforgivable, But I have been able to forgive. I just remember what they did so that they never get the chance to Screw me over again.

Originally posted by lollib

One of my best friends has been with her boyfriend on and off again for 4 years. They have just recently gotten back together. I am not to fond of him cause last July, he did something pretty fucked up to me. I am not one to hold grudges and my friend now feels like she is in the middle of everything. He said he wants to apologize for what he did but it is a year later. I am thinking of just letting him apologize and forgetting about it cause I know I will be seeing him and dont want to my friend ito be in an awkward position. What would you do?

well fuck it, she is going to have to be in the middle... maybe forgive (but i can't say that for sure because i don't know what he did), but never forget because when you do you become a fool...

I strongly believe that you can forgive a person, but you can never totally forget. I don't know what the circumstances are in your case, but you can either choose to forgive him and continue on with the friendship, or not forgive him and risk the chance of losing your friend to him. Either way, you shouldn't really get between your friend and her boyfriend. If she's a true friend, she will be there for both of you.

how bout "forget and move on"?

anyway, what has been between you and her boyfriend is and has always been a thing between you and the boy, and nobody else. you have no right to tell ANYBODY about it unless you get the others permission first. this is just a matter of trust and respect. i dumped a female friend of 3 years for a thing like that. when you can´t trust the person that what you do/talk about remains between you two how can you ever talk seriously and openly with this person again?

Originally posted by tastey

how bout "forget and move on"?

anyway, what has been between you and her boyfriend is and has always been a thing between you and the boy, and nobody else. you have no right to tell ANYBODY about it unless you get the others permission first. this is just a matter of trust and respect. i dumped a female friend of 3 years for a thing like that. when you can´t trust the person that what you do/talk about remains between you two how can you ever talk seriously and openly with this person again?

Well, I didnt have to tell my friend what he did cause when it happened, she found out from other people. I didnt even get a chance to say anything. And I am not the only one who has a problem, a few friends of ours dont like because he is an idiot and this just topped the cake. When she asked me if she was being stupid for getting back with him, I didnt tell her no cause it isnt my business, she's a big girl. We arent going to stop being friends though because of him but I think if I forgave him, things would be easier for all of us. So, maybe that is my answer- to forgive but not necessarily to forget cause honestly, I dont think I will forget it.