Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Demise of Friday Nites in Miami

busty36

It saddens me when I think back to all the fun I used to have at Space on Friday nites. Just 6 or 7 months ago, Space used to dominate the club scene - every single Friday night. Nothing compared!! Edgar V on a weekly basis and some of the top DJ's from Europe made it worth the long lines, jacked up cover charges and nasty bathrooms. What happened? Where are those guys? Remember Gatecrasher and Mario Piu? And now...still nada? What are the locals left with? The Beach offers nothing. Is there another club being created some where close by, for those of us who want to get the weekend started right away? You know we were able to extend our party into Saturday morning and afternoons and for those hard core mothers who dared to take it into a second night. I'm yearning for dancing until my toes blister, lasers blinding my dialated eyes and most of all music blessing my ears! Send help fast!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crobar has had some killer Fridays recently. Chris Fortier, this Friday Sean Cusick and Three, and next Friday Steve Lawler.

Spin too. Saeed and Palash, Oakie, and more!

Space just had fucking Mauro Picotto for christ-sakes! And I know PvD is coming back, along with many others. On a Friday to boot.

If anything, Saturdays have been kind of slow lately...Liquid is dead, crobar just fumbles about, and everywhere else is just 'standard'...again the club you say is dead, isn't...Space has Oscar on Saturdays.

Crowdwise, it's not the same, of course...but it's been that way since last summer.

Im gonna have to agree with pod!

damn bro whe have you been hangin lately???

Crobar is always jammin on fridays, with residents and headliners who always putting on stellar performances!

Spin has picked up its friday nite with ivano and its a hot nite if you ask me!!!

And Billboard- FEVER- nuff said!! They even have edgar as a resident!

As for trancemission fridays!!! I miss them too but space had tried a million things to make it good again, hopefully tracy young and roland might make things different!!!

till then, ill be at the above three metioned on fridays!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

...Liquid is dead, .

OHHHHHHHHHh thats a shocker... never would of guessed it..:rolleyes: see when people don't listen to the saleen there club goes under!!!! I say August is the shut down time for them... too bad, with some lights and a system and a nyc dj they could of been huge...

Thank you, someone agrees with me. I think what busty36 is lamenting is the loss of Trancemission in particular...

Fridays for me aren't really a pedal-to-the-metal extravaganza. I like to go out and shoot/hang out on Fridays, but not to the point of making myself useless for Saturday. Saturday is another point, I can sleep Sunday, and be OK for work on Monday. Well, my day job is flexible with what time I show up, so that helps too.

It was really a mistake to put a hard trance night on a Friday. The only crowd that showed up really consisted of Edgar's loyal fanbase, and the rest was the whole 'pop 10 pills and call me next wednesday' crowd. That kind of abuse can't go on for long, so the bulk of the crowd crashed and burned, and Edgar's loyal fans weren't enough to keep the party going on Fridays. It would have been over by now even if Edgar didn't have a falling out with Space. I showed up from time to time to say hello and see what Edgar was up to, and I noticed the crowd dynamic change so much.

Edgar is much more suited to a Saturday night, where he has drawn a crowd, except in recent weeks...again, season's over, it's hard to bring in a crowd anywhere!

You want your trance fix, just wait 24 hours and you'll get it! Go to either Liquid or Level. Then for a trance afterhours, there's Gio at Exile, and I think David Padilla at Living Room Downtown right next door. Hell, knock down the walls and call it The Mix Downtown. Of course, Oscar and Ivano are a block away at Space.

We must be on at the same time, Saleen, didn't see that post.

Sadly enough, it's true. Liquid may just be finished by summer's end. Their lighting director, Ryan, quit, taking his lasers and other toys with him, and several others have left the fold and are looking for employment elsewhere...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

We must be on at the same time, Saleen, didn't see that post.

Sadly enough, it's true. Liquid may just be finished by summer's end. Their lighting director, Ryan, quit, taking his lasers and other toys with him, and several others have left the fold and are looking for employment elsewhere...

WHAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

show me.........

hey billy shaw, not to sound like an asshole, but i told ya so...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

Uhh your post where you quoted me saying 'Liquid is dead'!

Haha, i was thinking a thread to the whole issue.....

anyways, any plans on the auction block for it, or are they gonna try and dump more money into it and reopen..?

trance is pretty much done, in the miami club market.. with the exception of the occasional superstar dj appearance.. the crowds are getting thinner , and thinner. level the only club with a real trance nite; is even segmenting out that nite to include other formats. I wouldn't be surprised to see George Acosta's contract not renewed. if Living Room downtown, and Exile continue to follow a trance format, they will not last the summer. miami nitelife needs a good shot of adrenaline, and it's not going to come in the form of trance.

I don't see a demise of friday nites. I see an opportunity for someone to step up to the plate, and do something different.

Where were you?

ClubSpace has been in the remaking of the clubscene.

The top dogs on the block cant be knocked down.

ClubSpace has been redesigning it's approach to the clubscene.

You never know if Edgar V could come back to Space after all he is one of the djs that originated from Space.

ClubSpace promotions with whysleep.net is capturing the eyes and ears of every clubgoer.

Let's be honest ClubSpace has been there for me and friends that enjoy and love the music we dance to.

I've been to Crobar, Liquids, Level and still Space has the best djs both Friday and Saturday.

I talked to the marketing department at whysleep.net and they have exciting new upcoming events that I cant wait for.

My friends and I have been loyal Space goers and for a fact it is the only club that can warp you from a trance dance to a hip hop jam to a patio sunrise. At Space I heard about whysleep.net, so I recently contacted them and they gave me future event info and I also get to see pictures of the parties at Space.

It think whysleep has something here.

Trance is not dead anywhere, in fact its very much alive even here in our little shite town. Why did Picotto pack SPACE? He practically represents Trance.

If SPACE decided to do TRANCE on Sat. nights with a good DJ (Edgar) it would still be packed and their Fridays would still be lame and nothing is really going to change that.

Picotto played mostly Tech all night long. it's very unlikely space will ever do an all trance night. they tried it, and it failed big time.. House Sessions Saturday has proven to do very well for them.. as much as I enjoy trance , it's really run it course in miami niteclubs..

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by whysleep

Where were you?

ClubSpace has been in the remaking of the clubscene.

The top dogs on the block cant be knocked down.

ClubSpace has been redesigning it's approach to the clubscene.

You never know if Edgar V could come back to Space after all he is one of the djs that originated from Space.

ClubSpace promotions with whysleep.net is capturing the eyes and ears of every clubgoer.

Let's be honest ClubSpace has been there for me and friends that enjoy and love the music we dance to.

I've been to Crobar, Liquids, Level and still Space has the best djs both Friday and Saturday.

I talked to the marketing department at whysleep.net and they have exciting new upcoming events that I cant wait for.

My friends and I have been loyal Space goers and for a fact it is the only club that can warp you from a trance dance to a hip hop jam to a patio sunrise. At Space I heard about whysleep.net, so I recently contacted them and they gave me future event info and I also get to see pictures of the parties at Space.

first off, stop with all the whysleep promos... its gay!!! second edgar v sucks, no one in nyc gave him any kinda good reviews. Also I've never seen him live, but I know this, big time dj's bring in big time crowds... What happened at liquid? that place is going down hill and when I bashed the club everyone jumped down my throat but now it seems its going out of business. See if edgar can't pack them in a club in sobe how the hell is he gonna pack them in at space? trance sucks, and no mp didn't play trance... trust me! Oscar is a great choice for saturdays, his style is great.. Though I'd like to see more guest dj's there, since we have few choices here in miami... Like I said, book some nyc dj for guest spots.. its a no brainer... Edgar V should stick to radio broadcasts with his jerk off buddies who play PPK three times... And for all those who are gonna reply " Edgar played space for a long time" i dont' want to hear it, like sobeton posted miami is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond trance... they were tricked into likeing it but now miami has got their heads out of their ass and trance sucks.. I'd say any trance party at space lasting 3 weeks... I know my crew will never go as long as there is trance...

Go Jets..

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by phrankadelic

jets suck!

WE ONLY BEAT YOU 9 TIMES IN A ROW.... THIS YEAR WE WILL MAKE IT 11 IN A ROW....

Originally posted by saleen351

WE ONLY BEAT YOU 9 TIMES IN A ROW.... THIS YEAR WE WILL MAKE IT 11 IN A ROW....

Can't wait for this game, tickets soon.

As far as Picotto representing Trance, no not really, his style for a while now has been Tech, crazy shit, download all his sets, you wont see no Trance. Trance is boring, more for a crowd who moves around like melodic ballerinas......:blown:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i say...we all buy tix...the cpers...and have a meet up at the game...jet fans on one side fins on the other...:idea:

trust me when I say a fight will break out...I'm soooo wacked when it comes to football, I watch the offense upstairs in my house and I watch the defense downstairs.... I know, I know I got issues.. but hey football season is the time of the year when we tell the out wives or girlfriends or the chick we are banging to shut the fuck up and grab me a fucking beer... then blow me at half time... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!