Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD - Amazing as usual

Got there around 11:30 and walked right in...found a perfect spot upstairs against the railing overlooking the crowd and the stage. It was hot but I had a decent amount a space and pefect view of PVD. Definitely packed downstairs so I didn't even move all night.

His set was great. Played a bunch of newer tracks, a few off of Politics of Dancing and the best part for me was one point where he played 5 old songs in a row. Can't remember the name of the first one, the 2nd was Words (which in the 20+ times I've seen him, I think he's played at most 3 times now), then binary finary, then seven ways and then forbidden fruit. Unfortunately the crowd was more or less clueless and seemed bored with these tracks. I was loving them though, he mixed them in seamlessly. Overall was pretty disappointed with the crowd...not only were there too many people, but there didn't seem to be as much energy as there should have been.

I had a great time though. He played until about 5:15 or so. Not the usual 6+ hrs but definitely enough.

Eric

nice. i heard it sucked casue it was at exit. but i know pvd was good. if i went i would have had a great time cause sometimes i pay no attention to the atmosphere. I just close my eyes and dance. JP tonight baby

Originally posted by donnie

nice. i heard it sucked casue it was at exit. but i know pvd was good. if i went i would have had a great time cause sometimes i pay no attention to the atmosphere. I just close my eyes and dance. JP tonight baby

that's if you could dance. you close your eyes and get knocked around. there was maybe 5 sq feet of open space in that club last night.

yea tru. when pvd was at factory there was no space to dance. i couldn't wait for people to start leaving. but when people started leaving pvd was gettin ready to leave to cause he only spins for like 6hrs. if he did like a 10 hr set i woulda went to exit

Originally posted by donnie

yea tru. when pvd was at factory there was no space to dance. i couldn't wait for people to start leaving. but when people started leaving pvd was gettin ready to leave to cause he only spins for like 6hrs. if he did like a 10 hr set i woulda went to exit

it was far worse than SF was

Originally posted by glide

His set was great. Played a bunch of newer tracks, a few off of Politics of Dancing and the best part for me was one point where he played 5 old songs in a row. Can't remember the name of the first one, the 2nd was Words (which in the 20+ times I've seen him, I think he's played at most 3 times now), then binary finary, then seven ways and then forbidden fruit.

That would have easily made my night. Old school PVD is my favorite. I wish he dropped more old stuff at SF in March. The big question is... what did he close with? For an Angel? He seems to dish that out in NYC only as a closing track. I'll wait till next time, hopefully he'll pick another venue.

Originally posted by teklord310

That would have easily made my night. Old school PVD is my favorite. I wish he dropped more old stuff at SF in March. The big question is... what did he close with? For an Angel? He seems to dish that out in NYC only as a closing track. I'll wait till next time, hopefully he'll pick another venue.

For the record, he did NOT play For An Angel

Very dissapointed he didnt play for an angel but it was a HOT FUCKING SET. Seriously, i have never sat and watched a DJ for an hour straight just staring into the booth from over-head, but i did last night, and it was amazing.

IMHO...I think the crowd had plenty of energy. THroughout the set chanting "Paul Van Dyk....Paul Van Dyk."

In the end it was a great night, people knock exit cause of the place itself, the people that are in it, the security, or the management. Nothing is perfect, all's i know is that Great DJ's are coming to NY and one of the clubs that is supporting this is Exit. JP will always be great, DT is always amazing, but you can see them anyweek you choose. We all have our discrepancies with certain places and things but people who really "Love" what its about (the music) put it all aside to see great talent shine. As from all the people that were there last night, they can.

Good times ahead...Next is Cosmic Gate and Oakie.!.!.!.