korea beats italy

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

next matches:

england vs brazil

senegal vs turkey

us vs germany

spain vs korea

i think we'll see england vs turkey and us vs spain next week

I say Brazil over England, Spain over Korea, Senegal over Turkey and Germany beats us.

im glad my native country beat italy but the ref fucked it up. it should've been italy's penalty kick instead of red card in OT. it wasn't a clean victory by korea.

im sorry italians but shit happens when you are in a hostile terrotory. we korean americans experience that all the time in the U.S.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

next matches:

england vs brazil

senegal vs turkey

us vs germany

spain vs korea

i think we'll see england vs turkey and us vs spain next week

Imagine a World Cup with no European countries in the final four... it could happen if Brazil, Senegal, USA, and Korea all win!

this is the best news i've heard all day!!! i had to leave the house this morning in the 44th minute after korea tied it up and i never would have guessed they'd end up winning this one. ever since euro cup 2000 when italy beat holland i've had an unbridled hate for the italian team. Way to go Korea, thanks for letting me live vicariously through your victory.

senegal world cup champs 2002...u heard it here first :D

haha...I can't do anything but laugh at all these upsets. I'm so happy too...Seriously...who the fuck could have predicted a final 8 like the one that we have right now...impossible. haha, the fucking US team is still in it...wtf is the world coming to? i can't wait to see what happens to the FIFA rankings after this World Cup.

Originally posted by j303j

the ref fucked up big time. really bad call on totti.

Totti will definetly bring home an Oscar with that piece of acting. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to see Spain vs Italy but that was just an obvious dive by Totti.

Originally posted by daveespa

Totti will definetly bring home an Oscar with that piece of acting. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to see Spain vs Italy but that was just an obvious dive by Totti.

I don't like the Italian team but he didn't deserve a card for that at all....I mean, he did get touched...wasn't a foul and he did exagerate it, but the korean did catch him a little.

Originally posted by j303j

the ref fucked up big time. really bad call on totti.

first off my parents are from italy and they even cursed totti for being such an asshole...it was a dive all the way..

second....italy del piero should not have been taken out...

third....vieri SHOULD have been taken out...he missed a a breakaway and a wide open net....

fourth----the italians have and always play defense after they jump out to a 1-0 lead...WILL THEY EVER FUCKING LEARN THAT IN SOCCER YOU HAVE TO ATTACK FOR 90 MINS NOT DEFEND FOR 90 MINS....GEEEZ....

fifth----They played like little school girls affraid to go shoulder to shoulder with someone...they all fall and cry foul...

maldini, coco and del piero are the only 3 who play like men.....

sixth---i dont think the ref made a bad call all game.......

seventh---the koreans deseve the win for attacking for 90+ mins...it was ineveitable that they would eventually score.....

AND LAST EVEN IF THEY BEAT KOREA SPAIN PROB WOULD HAVE KICKED THEIR ASSES ANYWAY....:mad::(:mad:

My pops called in sick to watch the game...i got up before school to watch the game and we are all fucking pissed off....:mad: :mad: :blown:

you are all wrong totti should've have NOT been taken out in fact italy could have gotten a penalty kick. watch the slowmo and the korean guy did push the italiano. even the espn commentator said it was a bad call. don't get me wrong im korean and im glad korea beat italy but it wasn't a fair game. the ref awarded korea with penalty in the first 5 min for minor grabbing remember?

Originally posted by zekefreak

I don't like the Italian team but he didn't deserve a card for that at all....I mean, he did get touched...wasn't a foul and he did exagerate it, but the korean did catch him a little.

The reason he got a yellow card was because FIFA is coming down hard the those players that try to exagerate a foul and said those players will be booked, therefore giving him his second yellow causing him to get ejected.

Originally posted by entrepreneur

you are all wrong totti should've have NOT been taken out in fact italy could have gotten a penalty kick. watch the slowmo and the korean guy did push the italiano. even the espn commentator said it was a bad call. don't get me wrong im korean and im glad korea beat italy but it wasn't a fair game. the ref awarded korea with penalty in the first 5 min for minor grabbing remember?

well im italian and the korean barely grabbed totti....the espm guys know shit about soccer....and if italy played like men and finished their shots this would not even be a topic of discussion...

i was gonna rock my italy jersey in ibiza but after todays performance i think im a little embarrassed

<-------------:blown:

Originally posted by entrepreneur

you are all wrong totti should've have NOT been taken out in fact italy could have gotten a penalty kick. watch the slowmo and the korean guy did push the italiano. even the espn commentator said it was a bad call.

actually, the ref shouldn't have done anything. it was a clean tackle, the korean player made contact with the ball and totti came in contact with his foot. it was perfectly clean.

anyways, that was a great game. korea was the better team as they kept attacking the net and did a great job in containing the italians when they were in there zone.

too bad japan didn't win, that would be such awsome match between the two co-hosts. i know both countries would've been going crazy. oh well, we can only fantacize about that.

turkey and korea is an awsome match between two underdogs.