Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cdj1000 is SO choice

pioneer cdj1000

all i gotta say is... WOW.

not five minutes after i got it home, i threw on a vinyl record on one of my tech 12's, a cd with some dnb tracks on it (that i had hoped to use sunday but the cdj unit i had with me that night i ended up returning for the cdj1000; the real deal) and all i have to say is - it responds JUST like you'd expect it too... not quite vinyl but responds similarly enough that you can beat match tracks from vinyl to cd and back again with no learning curve - i did it the first try and with like an hour more practice i was already doing some things on it i could never do on a turntable...

did i mention it digitally scratches too?

damn this rules.

-- come by to the next Homegrown at route 85a bar (85 ave a) on tuesday the 25th, starting at 8pm, as i dish up some drum n' bass and drop a couple of tracks of my own (now that i have a way to beatmatch them effortlessly to my rekkids) - along with many other dj's of a multitude of genres - w00h00!

cdj1000 is very very very nice..just picked up two djm3000's for a few friends of mines. 820each...book is 899...need gear? go to rock n soul on 33rd n 7th, I think...haha ok bad memory, one block south on 7th from MSG. Ask for Henry...definitely hooked me up.

Is it even really worth picking one of these up right now? Most places don't have them so you'd have to take yours out... that's more than I'm willing to risk with a $1000 deck, personally. :confused:

(Though I'll be the first to admit that I've been lusting after this bad boy ever since I first saw it! :D )

yeah, so you put it in a road-ready or flight case and all's well.

a bit risky, but then again, so is transporting a bag full of records - that's worth as much if not more than one of these. it's all risk - but is it worth it to be able to play your own tracks or those you absolutely have not been able to find on vinyl? hellz yeah.

Originally posted by thehacker

yeah, so you put it in a road-ready or flight case and all's well.

a bit risky, but then again, so is transporting a bag full of records - that's worth as much if not more than one of these. it's all risk - but is it worth it to be able to play your own tracks or those you absolutely have not been able to find on vinyl? hellz yeah.

True, true. :aright:

Still makes me nervous though... damn this is an expensive hobby!

the 600 IMO is kinda big...I like the 3000 cuz its short but wide..it all depends on how you like to spin, for the money I went with the 3000, the 600 is club suitable...the 3000 is half way club half way personal...

you really really can't go wrong with a vestax pmc-03a for home use - two channels with switches for line or phono (i have the line out from my cdj1000 y-split into both the line-ins so i can switch to it from either channel 1 OR 2; to transfer from either turntable); really sweet 2 band eq (complete band isolation - what vestax is known for, doncha know!); stereo monitoring with mini-cross fade; totally smooth and user-replaceable crossfader (four screws and you pop it out and a new one right in) -- blah blah -- basically everything you could need in a 2band eq two channel mixer. can get it at most place for $79-99 too. just can't go wrong, lots of bang for the buck and doesn't take up much room in a home setup.

check it:

http://www.vestax.com/products/pmc03a.htm

if you can't find this one, the pcv-003 is its successor

(with almost the same exact layout and design)

Originally posted by thehacker

you really really can't go wrong with a vestax pmc-03a for home use - two channels with switches for line or phono (i have the line out from my cdj1000 y-split into both the line-ins so i can switch to it from either channel 1 OR 2; to transfer from either turntable); really sweet 2 band eq (complete band isolation - what vestax is known for, doncha know!); stereo monitoring with mini-cross fade; totally smooth and user-replaceable crossfader (four screws and you pop it out and a new one right in) -- blah blah -- basically everything you could need in a 2band eq two channel mixer. can get it at most place for $79-99 too. just can't go wrong, lots of bang for the buck and doesn't take up much room in a home setup.

are you serious? I bought this one back about 2-3 yrs ago and it completely disgusted me. I have the pmc-03apro chrome face...honestly I bought it cuz it was small and compact, nice for scratching since i use to spin hiphop. my first rant about this mixer is that in the first week and a half after breaking in the crossfader with a good amount of transforming i noticed that the "tiny" screws which suspend the fader body to the face plate began to get loose. might i add that they are TINY. so with some creativeness I dabbled some krazyglue on the screws but much to my dismay, it still wouldnt hold. My fader kept falling through. my next upgrade was the 05pro which without a doubt lived up to its value. A friend of mines just purchased the DJM3000 and we compared the sound quality on the output. the 05pro i "believe" we used rca out versus on the DJM3000 it asked for XLR, granted it had all out's on it but the sound quality between the 05pro and the DJM was tremendous. The DJM was much more crisper and cleaner than the 05pro. Audio Engineering at it's best...my friends are thoroughly happy with their purchases, especially at $840