Clubplanet Nightlife Community

take a hint...

dgmodel

if youre online, and one of you buddies pop up, and the entire time dont acknowledge you being there... and its everytime not just this one isolated instance... should i be taking the hint and not speak to the person in question anymore???

no, i wouldnt take it too seriously. internet vs speaking in real life are 2 totally different things. i ignore people on aol all the time and not because im trying to be a bitch, simply because im doing other things and IMs can get annyoing. i dont necessarily think the person is trying to give u a hint, unless you IM them everytime and they dont even say hi back, and even if that is the case, maybe they are just busy. ;)

i agree with what somebitch said. sometimes your busy doing other stuff or sometimes the other person is busy and cant reply. also whats happened to me in the past is that one of my roomates is using my computer and either because it freezes or if he's burning cd's the cd drive gets stuck, he turns the machine off, when he turns it back on, IM automatically logs me on, so my friends think I'm online when I'm not.

if you really need to talk with that person you can always call him/her.

Originally posted by dgmodel

if youre online, and one of you buddies pop up, and the entire time dont acknowledge you being there... and its everytime not just this one isolated instance... should i be taking the hint and not speak to the person in question anymore???

. . It depends. . .I have many friends on my list from Florida that I don't talk to on a regular basis, but from time to time I'll chime in and we'll catch up. . I think it has more to do with location and the paths you and your friends are taking in life . . . I think the internet is great for that, it allows you to keep communication with people from the past even if the present doesn't involve them directly. . .

. . Now if your friend is nearby and you two have just drifted apart, I wouldn't worry about it either . . sometimes there's just nothing to say . . :aright: . . you always know that, through AIM, you can instantly get in touch . . .

Not for nothing, but my IM comes on automatically, and I forget sometimes, especiallyi f I am at work or looking for something.....:shaky:

if u im this person all the time and they say nothing to u, just leave them be. same thing happened with me for a while i would try to talk to someone online.... ask how hes feeling... and i get nothing. so- im gonna take a hint :idea: and if he really wants to talk to me, its on him now. :tongue::blank: