Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review: DeepDish at ARC

First off, i can no longer in good conscience call the place "vinyl."

The changes made it an entirely different club. Vinyl is no longer and I feel the need to address the place truly as "ARC".

But you know what, I'm alright with that. ARC proved to me that I should shove my preconceptions about a place until i've experienced it in person...

which brings me to DeepDish.

I was there from the beginning of the very first track, to the final fading beats of the last encore. From start to finish, these fellas RIPPED US ALL TO SHREDS.

Ali dominated the decks for the early part of the night, dropping (as expected), smooth house progressing into sexy dubby smooth house, into sexy bumpin' house, into Fuck-House.

The crowd was really into his sound, though around 3am i decided to chill out for a bit and let the dark proggy VWOOMP basslines pass me by. Sharam hit the decks somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-4 and proceded to color up the atmosphere with some funky/disco house and BREAKS!!

Did i ever mention it's amusing to watch your typical NYC clubcrowd encounter "breaks" ? Amusing as in on the scale of giving an Emu diagrams of the International Space Station. they just kind of stared at the speaker and the DJ and collectively went "DUH...." ;)

The break-fest caused a decent amount of "I came here for ass-grabbing music" heads to make a stage left for the exit.

The ensuing mass-exodus freed up enough dancefloor for me to grab a spot near the center and go crazy as Sharam dropped a triple of a CRUNCHING and overpowering Robbie Rivera tribal stomper, overlaying Steve Lawler's Rise In vocals. I felt my intestines being ground into pulp.

Did I mention the Nitrogen? No? Then you go and find out for yourself. One hint: Twilo, Spray + Cool.

I can't possibly hope to finish this review. There was more that happened than i could write in my screwed up state. (Just getting back in from driving straight home after i got out).

Everybody, GO check out Arc. They've done a beautiful job with it and i'm proud of the place. (the gift shop needs some relocation though.)

All in All, Rackham gets the award for the line of the night.

Sums up just about everything we went through...

"How fucking Insane is that..."

ps. i apologize for my incoherent review.

I just wanted to write something quick before the black haze of unconsciousness set in....

Originally posted by cintron

Did i ever mention it's amusing to watch your typical NYC clubcrowd encounter "breaks" ? Amusing as in on the scale of giving an Emu diagrams of the International Space Station. they just kind of stared at the speaker and the DJ and collectively went "DUH...." ;)

The break-fest caused a decent amount of "I came here for ass-grabbing music" heads to make a stage left for the exit.

That was sooo funny... people simply do not understand breaks, and it was great to see them squirming! :D Props to Deep Dish for testing people's comfort levels. I hope we see a lot more of that at Arc. :aright:

Originally posted by cintron

. . . I've SOOOO Seen that happen with Howells . . . But oddly enough, the long set of them he did a couple months back kept the floor going strong . . . And not conincidently, that was the best set I've seen him throw, IMO . . .