Clubplanet Nightlife Community

inter club drama

All this shit talking about clubs is starting to bug me....I know i have been one to talk shit in past months about places I didnt like, but you could say I have reached a new point of maturity and I believe this:

If you go somewhere and have a bad time, there really ISNT a need to come out and post it here, where hundreds of people read it...you know you take info from this board and spread it to people....you are hurting a club that way, and when a club doesnt do well, it goes out of business...

Imagine if Merge, XS, Tempts goes out of business....people lose jobs, money, and us clubbers have one less place to go...that means the line gets even longer at the other places.....isnt variety the spice of life? it makes sense to support places for the good of nightlife as a whole.....

Even if you dont go somewhere, you dont have to rip it apart on the board.....just stay out of it....

Feel free to disagree with my point, but ladies and gentlemen, lets try to keep it civil :D

BG

I AGREE 1000% GOOD POINT...JUST CUZ A PERSON DOESNT LIKE CLUB "a" DOESNT MEAN THAT EVERYONE WILL NOT LIKE IT!!!

I MEAN I HAVE BEEN TO THE SAME CLUB 2 WEEKS IN A ROW ON THE SAME NIGHT AND HAD A BLAST ONE WEEK AND IT SUCKED THE OTHER....DOES THAT MEAN ITS GREAT AND IT SUCKS...NO....

IF U HAVE FUN GO BACK IF U DONT HAVE FUN...GO SOMEWHERE'S ELSE...

I agree but keep in mind, this board represents 2% of any given club.... Bashing will not ever help nor hurt business. This board is just to kill time, lots of fools who don't even go out post on it just to be assholes... and once the asshole leaves the next one will replace him/her...

This is true.....but there still are alot of true clubbers that do not only review the places they go to, but chat back and forth with other people on CP alike......i agree Totally, Post your club, Review it, (bad or good)....but lets keep it real....there really are a lot of jerks making mindless statements about places for no reason. :cool:

Originally posted by ibclubbin

All this shit talking about clubs is starting to bug me....I know i have been one to talk shit in past months about places I didnt like, but you could say I have reached a new point of maturity and I believe this:

If you go somewhere and have a bad time, there really ISNT a need to come out and post it here, where hundreds of people read it...you know you take info from this board and spread it to people....you are hurting a club that way, and when a club doesnt do well, it goes out of business...

Imagine if Merge, XS, Tempts goes out of business....people lose jobs, money, and us clubbers have one less place to go...that means the line gets even longer at the other places.....isnt variety the spice of life? it makes sense to support places for the good of nightlife as a whole.....

Even if you dont go somewhere, you dont have to rip it apart on the board.....just stay out of it....

Feel free to disagree with my point, but ladies and gentlemen, lets try to keep it civil :D

BG

You are getting wiser in your old age:)

Originally posted by thesandman

I agree but keep in mind, this board represents 2% of any given club.... Bashing will not ever help nor hurt business. This board is just to kill time, lots of fools who don't even go out post on it just to be assholes... and once the asshole leaves the next one will replace him/her...

youd be surprised how many people you see in a club that are on one of the boards......way more than you would think

BG

There are a lot of people who read these boards... A lot that don't actually post. I have at least 5 people I can think of off the top of my head that have told me they check in a read what people have to say about places... (especially, new venues or places that they haven't tried yet). They don't feel the need to comment, so they don't post they just read what is said. I know that last week my friend had read on here about the opening of South Park and that is how we wound up trying it out. A while back there was a similar senerio with Carusso's.

I know my friends can't be the only ones that read and don't post, so imagine with thise people combined with the ones that do post... there are quite a few people reading the reviews posted.

I have to agree with ibclubbin, the more options we have the better... Every place, can have it's bad nights but it also has good nights. It is what you make of it.:D

Originally posted by sigmagal

There are a lot of people who read these boards... A lot that don't actually post. I have at least 5 people I can think of off the top of my head that have told me they check in a read what people have to say about places... (especially, new venues or places that they haven't tried yet). They don't feel the need to comment, so they don't post they just read what is said. I know that last week my friend had read on here about the opening of South Park and that is how we wound up trying it out. A while back there was a similar senerio with Carusso's.

I know my friends can't be the only ones that read and don't post, so imagine with thise people combined with the ones that do post... there are quite a few people reading the reviews posted.

I have to agree with ibclubbin, the more options we have the better... Every place, can have it's bad nights but it also has good nights. It is what you make of it.:D

It's so true, there are a ton of people who"lurk" but never post.... The things that are posted on here do have some influence....

i think that a lot of people read this board - but i don't think that the comments of people behind screennames is really going to affect them and what they decide to do on any given night of the week.

this is a messageboard, not a bible. people are going to go where they want and make either the best of the place or the worst of the place.

There are a lot of "readers" and they can be influenced by the club bashing. A good night out depends a lot of vatriables friends your out w/, the music, the bartender :D

There have benn plenty of times I have been to a club that is not busy but the music is great and I have a great time b/c who I am w/. Sometime the music is off-facer it every DJ has a bad night once in a while-and we all get smashed STILL had a great time.

Its what you make of it. When I go out I go out ot have a great time , party like a rock star, and hear great music. Go out and have fun don't let one sided opionions posted here prevent you from going soemwhere.... you may miss out on a great time :idea:

Originally posted by ibclubbin

BG

DITTO!!!:) :) :)