Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gatecrasher back stabs Carl Cox

spacious

Originally posted by Nolimit

what would u do if u only sold 17,000 tix for a 40,000 person event?

I know it's fucked up but someone has to get the boot. It's a business first.

If anyone should have gotten Axed, it should have been the Chemical Bros.

i agree...guess last years shitty set up and sound system killed...but yup, someone had to get the boot....too bad for carl, but life does go on....

yeah, its business first, but they should have axed somebody else. after this scenario not only will carl cox probably not play at gatecrasher but i'm sure umek, valentino, misstress barbara and green velvet will probably think twice before agreeing to play at gatecrasher also. you cant go around burning your bridges.

40,000 person event? wow that seems like Gatecrasher overextending itself.

I think music tastes are so fragmented now, it's tough to get 40,000+ people gathered together for a show, unless it's a very special mix of talent, or if it has a good buzz built up.......or if it's Pink Floyd or a Led Zeppelin resurrection (replete with the ghost of John Bonham banging on the drums.......)

I went last year, and while I had fun, the entire event was a total mess - you guys think ULTRA was bad- doesn't even come close. I'm really not surprised by what happened to Cox. Typical industry bulls*t.

Although- Speaking of Gatecrasher - rumour is that Mr. Tenaglia sucked some real ass during his set - 40 minutes of one track and too much talking- really pissed some people off.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by spacious

OK gang. I just had a small chit chat with Coxy and I was not too happy to with the info he gave me. It seems that Gatecrasher fucked him over royally! If you know Carl,you know he is a stand up guy and did not deserve to be treated that way.

Check out the link below.http://www.trustthedj.com/carlcox/news?news=10

Hey Spacious. This sounds like the way Eric Morillo and his arena got the ax at ULTRA3. Remember?? I guess it is all about the dough huh?

FC

Originally posted by spacious

OK gang. I just had a small chit chat with Coxy and I was not too happy to with the info he gave me. It seems that Gatecrasher fucked him over royally! If you know Carl,you know he is a stand up guy and did not deserve to be treated that way.

Check out the link below.http://www.trustthedj.com/carlcox/news?news=10

Hey Spacious. This sounds like the way Eric Morillo and his arena got the ax at ULTRA3. Remember?? I guess it is all about the dough huh?

FC

Originally posted by vicman

i'm sure umek, valentino, misstress barbara and green velvet will probably think twice before agreeing to play at gatecrasher also. you cant go around burning your bridges.

None of which have ever played at Gatecrasher anyway.