Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just friends?

sassa

How would you react, if you were seeing someone for a short while....and things went well.....you had some laughs, opened up a bit to one another....began to feel someone for that person...and then they tell you that they just want to be friends, but they still liked you a lot?

What if someone told you that they loved you so much that they wanted to protect you from themselves, since their lives were in such disarray?

How would you react? Do you blow the person off or give them the benefit of the doubt?

I would feel turned on if someone I was seeing told me that, especially if I thought I was going good, but I would bounce right back up.

If someone said to me that they wanted to protect me from themselves I would think they were either Psychotic, Multiple personality, or SCHIZONPHRENIC, and i would try to avoid them. Either that or they were some kind of secret agent like Jason Bourne. :laugh::idea:

Originally posted by sassa

How would you react, if you were seeing someone for a short while....and things went well.....you had some laughs, opened up a bit to one another....began to feel something for that person...and then they tell you that they just want to be friends, but they still liked you a lot?

What if someone told you that they loved you so much that they wanted to protect you from themselves, since their lives were in such disarray?

How would you react? Do you blow the person off or give them the benefit of the doubt?

im not sure how id quite react to someone who says they just want to friends especially if we clicked in that "relationship/bfgf" way... you already have plenty of friends, and i have plenty of friends why the hell do we need to make more... i think most ppl say that just as a easy let down... IMO...

if someone told me that they loved me so much but wanted to protect me from themselves... id ask how would they do that? since am already involved in their life, and what good are relationships and loved ones if their not there for you during those times of disarray? its at those points in time when you would seek the compassion and love of your better half of your friends and for some their family...

i dont know if these are two different ppl you are speaking about or if the same person said this to either you or your friend or whatever the case maybe... but to me it sounds like this person isnt in it for the long haul, or not very serious about committing...

If you or your friend or whoever this person maybe desides to give them the benefit of the doubt, and remain friends my advice would be to proceed with caution... however if i was in this situation it would really depend on how serious i felt for this girl...

im a hopeless romantic who always wishes for a happy ending and is forever in search of ms.right... however keep winding up with ms.rightnow... so not exactly sure what to tell you...

Originally posted by dgmodel

if someone told me that they loved me so much but wanted to protect me from themselves... id ask how would they do that? since am already involved in their life, and what good are relationships and loved ones if their not there for you during those times of disarray? its at those points in time when you would seek the compassion and love of your better half of your friends and for some their family...

I agree :)

if you two are clicking, then so what?/? Don't let one's past interfere with what could be.

if things are rolling, let them roll :roll:

I would understand that there's obviously something potential there, and like DG said, i've already got enough friends! Let's try and make this work, forget about "protecting" me from you. Give it a try, and if it doesn't work, at least you both tried, and THEN go on being friends...

Originally posted by sassa

If a person says something like that, it usually means that they don't want to hurt you by the fact that you are not wanted by them. "it's not you it's me" type of speach.

Originally posted by fantazy

If a person says something like that, it usually means that they don't want to hurt you by the fact that you are not wanted by them. "it's not you it's me" type of speach.

That's true, but i've seen it before, that later on, they want that person back. Kinda like "the right situation, wrong time" scenario.

Getting back to SaSs's point, i would be open with them, tell them how and why this seems like a good thing, and say how you're not sure about being "just friends".

Those types of people need to hear that you're not expendable

Originally posted by gmccookny

That's true, but i've seen it before, that later on, they want that person back. Kinda like "the right situation, wrong time" scenario.

It's a certain mystery that one wants to demonstrate... I am soo fucked up and can't find a piece of mind, and afraid that I'm going to hurt you in the end, it's all bullshit, don't believe it for a second. What it tells me is that he is simply unsure of his needs.

hehhe. i've heard similar words and i also didnt understandn them. (re: i dont want to hurt you) i actually countered with, "do you think that maybe, subconciously, you are afraid of getting hurt?" and he somewhat agreed that could possibly be the case. i can imgaine how frustrated you may feel by hearing those words, but take it as a sign of immaturity... maybe, i dunno *shrugs*

as far as remaining friends, or being "just friends" .. this is my pov -- you can be friends, (if you want to...) but it wont be for a while. you need time to heal and find "that closure' bc as long as you have deep feelings for him, you wont be able to be his friend and most likely wont be able to be honest iwth him on a lot of levels. i am actually on a good standing with any of my ex's. and althought that we may not be the best of friends right now, i feel comfortable enought to call them at any time. but it took a while to find that comfort level w/o being "self-concious" about it.