Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ugh...clients who micro-manage

have any of y'all worked w/ clients who constantly question what you're doing, HOW you're doing, always wanting updates and REALLY scrutinize EVERYTHING?!?!?! this is INSANE. is the fact that my clients are parisian and german make a difference? i really need these guys to LAY OFF

booo:(

Originally posted by MadamMillie

have any of y'all worked w/ clients who constantly question what you're doing, HOW you're doing, always wanting updates and REALLY scrutinize EVERYTHING?!?!?! this is INSANE. is the fact that my clients are parisian and german make a difference? i really need these guys to LAY OFF

booo:(

all my clients are federal agencies. they barely do their own work, so they don't really care if i do mine :D :D :D

i agree with what shady says, but the clients hire you to do the work because you are the expert in the field, hence the need for your services. if your company has a good standing in the industry then they will tell the client the way they do business. all of this is usually worked out before a contract is signied.

most of our work is with state, local and federal govment, but my company has a good standing in the field, so clients usually do not butt in more than necessary.

Originally posted by vicman

i agree with what shady says, but the clients hire you to do the work because you are the expert in the field, hence the need for your services. if your company has a good standing in the industry then they will tell the client the way they do business. all of this is usually worked out before a contract is signied.

most of our work is with state, local and federal govment, but my company has a good standing in the field, so clients usually do not butt in more than necessary.

It doesn't matter. No contract can dictate input from the client. The key is how good management at your company is. If the managers are worth a shit, they'll take the majority of the crap from clients, and they won't let it roll down to the worker bees. Unfortunately, there's so much bad management out there that they just try to cover their own asses and let the shit roll down the hill.

Stop your Bitchen and do the damn work!! Nobody wants to hear you whine all the damn time! Just be thankful that you have a job where you do something. Unlike some of us (shady, Vic and I) that do nothing all day long but post on CP! You should be so lucky.