Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SaNdStOrM on KTU.....

Originally posted by sexxyh

~~~as im going thru radio stations i turn on ktu and sandstorm is playing...WTF???? this is retarded!!!!!!!!!! i used to love this track LIKE 2 YEARS AGO!:mad::blown:

this doesnt seem toamaze me, ktu is , well it is ktu

Originally posted by cintron

dude sandstorm has beeen on the radio for a WHILE now.

It was a commercial track the day it was released. It just had that feel to it. you should NOT be suprised.

~~~im not surprised im just annoyed.......they cut off "sound of goodbye" to play that:puke:

same thing as yest on my friends mp3 player as i was going thru his numerous rap tracks i found a mauro picotto track excited as hell i started to enjoy it just to find out than he cut it short just to put in a reggae song....i like reggae but not at picotto's expense :cry:

Originally posted by cintron

dude sandstorm has beeen on the radio for a WHILE now.

It was a commercial track the day it was released.

Yup...i liked it when I first heard Judge Jules spin it on a live set of his that i have...

...No If I actually hear that track on the radio I am completely repulsed by it...

...unfortunately I believe that the same thing is happening with "Sound of Goodbye"....that song is at least 1 year old... :blank:

~~~im not surprised im just annoyed.......they cut off "sound of goodbye" to play that

ACTUALLY- here is some insider info.

KTU uses a computer based system to play the music that you hear on the air- its call 'Prophet'. This system was forced onto ktu and all of the other Clear Channel Radio station across the country (in NY- Z100, Lite FM, Power 105, Q104 as well) by corporate mandate.

Now truth be told, the system sucks- the software has more bugs then you can shake a stick at! So, when this system crashed (as it does at least once a week) they have a 74 minute mixed 'emergency' CD cued up and standing by to be played in times of crisis (if the buinding had to be evacuated, prophit crashed, DJ takes a hear attack, etc.) It just so happens that Sandstorm in the first track on this CD.

SO the next time you hear a song drop out and sandstorm starts to play, just sit back and laugh knowing that the poeple in the studio are ripping their hair out at that moment :D

Bern

Originally posted by berniec

ACTUALLY- here is some insider info.

KTU uses a computer based system to play the music that you hear on the air- its call 'Prophet'. This system was forced onto ktu and all of the other Clear Channel Radio station across the country (in NY- Z100, Lite FM, Power 105, Q104 as well) by corporate mandate.

Now truth be told, the system sucks- the software has more bugs then you can shake a stick at! So, when this system crashed (as it does at least once a week) they have a 74 minute mixed 'emergency' CD cued up and standing by to be played in times of crisis (if the buinding had to be evacuated, prophit crashed, DJ takes a hear attack, etc.) It just so happens that Sandstorm in the first track on this CD.

SO the next time you hear a song drop out and sandstorm starts to play, just sit back and laugh knowing that the poeple in the studio are ripping their hair out at that moment :D

Bern

That explains why they just cut off a song and started to play Zombie Nation a couple of weeks ago

Originally posted by karch

That explains why they just cut off a song and started to play Zombie Nation a couple of weeks ago

Yup, that is the first track ok emergency disk 2 :)

There is a series of 3 CD's that are made for 'disasters'

now you all know what goes on behind the scenes...its not all fun and games...but alot of it it :)

Bern

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

Yup...i liked it when I first heard Judge Jules spin it on a live set of his that i have...

...No If I actually hear that track on the radio I am completely repulsed by it...

...unfortunately I believe that the same thing is happening with "Sound of Goodbye"....that song is at least 1 year old... :blank:

Haha, I liked it when I first heard the 45 second promo from its original UK label like three years ago... Nowadays it's like..."blech"... You know when it's WAY too big when your old punk friends comes up to you and asks you what this is... :laugh: