Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakie's Tracklisting @ Exit

djaimin

So -- some of you "dj's" who are defending oakie need a bad ass dj to explain why the legend is over the hill? --- Here is your answer - He is spent because TRANCE is spent too -- 3 years ago he was the biggest dj ever and he was recieving the hottest tracks from all over the planet. These days, house and prog. house are the shit and thats the kinda muzak that the dope producers are shitting out -- not trance. Because the quality of his record bag has gone down and his style hasnt changed much since his Cream(u.K. club in liverpool for you idiots who never leave America) residency ended, oakie is over the hill and just another spent English legend spinning old records that anyone can hear in their living room --- enough oakie -- you wanna see one of his boys spin old school --check out Lee Burridge and Craig Richards -- they are Oakie's buddies but they are so much more bad ass its not even funny -- peace - House Music 4 Ever

Originally posted by cizenstein

So -- some of you "dj's" who are defending oakie need a bad ass dj to explain why the legend is over the hill? --- Here is your answer - He is spent because TRANCE is spent too -- 3 years ago he was the biggest dj ever and he was recieving the hottest tracks from all over the planet. These days, house and prog. house are the shit and thats the kinda muzak that the dope producers are shitting out -- not trance. Because the quality of his record bag has gone down and his style hasnt changed much since his Cream(u.K. club in liverpool for you idiots who never leave America) residency ended, oakie is over the hill and just another spent English legend spinning old records that anyone can hear in their living room --- enough oakie -- you wanna see one of his boys spin old school --check out Lee Burridge and Craig Richards -- they are Oakie's buddies but they are so much more bad ass its not even funny -- peace - House Music 4 Ever

trance is not dead.

as for you oakie worshippers - yes, you have to respect what he did for the industry but the stuff he is spinning and producing now does not hold a candle to his older music.

there are some amazing trance djs out there that can kick oakies ass. PVD, AVB, Ferry Corsten.... and those are just some that I have seen. Get out and hear more music and then judge if Oakie still deserves the #1 rating. And I don't count commercial ratings for much anyway.

i actually like oakie's compilations proir to Perfecto Presents: Traveling. for me...Traveling is when he started to go down hill (half the tracks on Traveling were from Perfecto Presents: Another World). Then came his horrid remix for Madonna (what it feels like), then Swordfish :puke:, and then the Ibiza disc :bored:

Guest landeej
Originally posted by hotcheme

yes, but how is that tracklist different from any of his other sets this year?

Well, at least it was different from his set at Pacha's opening party in Ibiza two weeks ago when he has tripping so hard that he scratched the record playing, had 10 seconds worth of silence, and then meekly moved out of the way for Pete Tong to finish the night. Mind you, he had only come on about half an hour before.

:confused:

Maybe I was just spoiled from having been at Space to see Sasha two days before. That man, aside from having an incredible sense of timing and knowing his crowd, has some of the sickest beats and interludes I've ever heard. Not only that, but before his set, he was chilling with the crowd (no, not in a VIP section), hugging people, etc... without a squad of bodyguards around him.

Oakenfold definitely was a force in the scene a few years ago, but his time has gone, and he is only doing more damage to his credibility by trying to cling to the cult of personality that he built around himself over the years. #1 DJ...phah. There are younger and better people out there, and if anything, Oakie should step more fully into the production side of things to help bring them out.

why is it oakenfold has to be either a god or a piece of shit?

hes not the best dj in the world (although he may be the most recognized), but hes by no means the crappy dj some of you make him out to be. His old stuff (tranceport) is really great trance, and although not all his new stuff is as good, you cant deny he has done alot for the industry.

People say he's just in it for the money, not the music, and well, whatever. there are dj's i would rather see, but oakenfold is still a worthwhile dj.

im not sure why its cool to trash him whenever possible, but why dont we calm down a little, because in the end, who gives a shit? its all personal taste.