Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The one good thing about Sound Factory

The one good thing about Sound Factory, when you get there, they let you in. They dont do what Roxy does, by keeping you online for 45 minutes. Someone tell the people at Roxy, people are getting pissed by what they do. Even Webster Hall, which is located in area, where tons of people pass by. The longest I ever waited online at Webster Hall, was 20 minutes.

Originally posted by danwilson

The one good thing about Sound Factory, when you get there, they let you in. They dont do what Roxy does, by keeping you online for 45 minutes. Someone tell the people at Roxy, people are getting pissed by what they do. Even Webster Hall, which is located in area, where tons of people pass by. The longest I ever waited online at Webster Hall, was 20 minutes.

Thats great!!!!

Bro, you don't realize this....but you just proved every thoery I have been stating about Factory for the past four months and every Jersey wannabe has refuted.

I used to think differently of you, but now you are cool in my book.

Not to state the blatently obvious here.....but you actually have to wait in line at Webster Hall.....oh man, what those Factory faithful must be thinking.

'Factory is still the shit though':laugh:

djjonstephen, the reason i brought this up. I went to Sound Factory Saturday. I got there at 1 55 am. I thought they would hold me up till after 2am, so I would pay 30 dollars instead of the 20. They just let me right in and I paid the 20. Thank you Richard Grant, for not being like the people at Roxy. By the way, the song people went loudest over, was I just died in your arms tonight. That 80s song with the mixed house beat.

djjonstephen, the reason i brought this up. I went to Sound Factory Saturday. I got there at 1 55 am. I thought they would hold me up till after 2am, so I would pay 30 dollars instead of the 20. They just let me right in and I paid the 20. Thank you Richard Grant, for not being like the people at Roxy. By the way, the song people went loudest over, was I just died in your arms tonight. That 80s song with the mixed house beat.

i highly doubt jp played any of the remixes of just died in ur arms tonight .....im sure u mean "dont u want me baby"

So then don't come to Roxy:rolleyes:

Originally posted by hawaiiguestlis

if you highly doubt it.. then you are highly wrong... he plays that song every couple weeks....(talking bout the song i died in your arms tonight)

What mix does he play?

dan wilson never ceases to amaze me :rolleyes:

k, first of all...wut time did u get to roxy when u waited on line? was the club even open? cuz ppl wait outside until they open the doors. doors open at 11 pm, but they will wait to let ppl in until they have a big enough crowd. if there's like 20 ppl waitin outside, theyre not gonna let them in. they'll wait till they get more like 100 ppl so there's a tiny bity of a crowd in the club.

secondly...why add a second floor to roxy? and where? u think its that east to just build a second floor. i think the room is big enough...actually too big. they closed part of it off to make it seem smaller.

I must have gotten there at 11 10pm. When i got there, they had to be atleast 100 people online. Then 10 minutes later, there was 200 people. By 11 30, the line was so long. They let in no one by this time. Plus it was so hot out. Can you explain one thing to me. Why do they keep this line so long, when Roxy is located in the middle of nowhere. As i said, i could understand Webster Hall doing this, because there located in area, where tons of people pass by. Roxy is located in an area, where no one passes bye. 2nd, why does Sound Factory let people in, when they get there. Most importantly, everytime i'v been to Roxy, i always have to wait 45 minutes. I think a 2nd floor would be good, to add another dance floor. When Vicious is the DJ, that place gets to packed. I'v never been to Roxy on Saturday. But i'v heard, that they get 2500 to 3000 people on Gay Night. Webster Hall and Sound Factory are 3 floors. I think Sound Factory actually has a 4th floor, but I usually go to the 3rd floor.

They shouldn't let as many people in Factory as they do though..............

Too much shit in there as far as scum bags and just plain people who do not belong inside. In MY Opinion.

Also it is summer time a lot of people are down the shore/vacation/hamtons and so on. I have seem them get tough in the winter as to who they let in...............

in the summer it's pretty much a free for all b/c of what perns just said. the sf crowd goes to the shore and hamptons. in the winter and spring every1 comes back to sf and then that's when you can be kept waiting outside until they feel like letting u in, if at all. roxy's crowd is younger, and it tends to be an older crowd in the shore and hamptons so roxy doesnt really compete with the hamptons like sf does. and webster hall is just a tourist trap