Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Performers Would You Like To See At Roxy?

I remember seeing Faithless at Irving Plaza years ago, when they had just released Insomniac and Salva Mea, that was their only live show in the US at the time.. they had a drummer and everything.. thought they played Insomniac 3 times and didn't do so well.. it was still fun

i was working at Coach leatherware in NYC so i went right from work. and they did okay..

I wouldn't mind seeing them again

1. Cirrus (best straight up live electronica band ever....no computers, no gadgets, just a guitar and a bass and LOTS of pedals....)

2. The Light (think a cross between Digweed and Hybrid as a live PA)

3. Roni Size Reprazent (They just kick ass.....if you saw them in Central Park a couple years back, you know what I'm talking about....4 guys behind computers, a live drummer, and a live bass player...)

4. Funk Lab (put on a really good show)

5. Spacemen (think a cross between Scot Project and Freq Nasty as a live PA, but wearing huge alien helmets)

6. Kosheen (I can always dig a live D+B Band)

7. Westbam (ROCKED the house at Giant...can either PA or DJ)

8. Advent (would be higher, just I really don't see him playing at Roxy)

9. Rhinocerose (more chilly electronica, but still pretty decent live)

10. Aphex Twin (just because I've never seen him...once again, not someone I picture at Roxy).

Originally posted by hawaiiguestlis

Oris Jay

Oris Jay is fucking amazing (caught him at Starscape) bu8t he's not a live act, he's just a DJ who produced that one track...

I'll add a #11. Probably closer to the top of my list, but since there's a fat chance in hell he'll get a gig here...E:Trinity

I'd also definately go to see Underword, Prodigy (now that they're back together), Orbital, or Bassbin Twins, and possibly Future Sound of London...

Originally posted by brickhouse

1. Cirrus (best straight up live electronica band ever....no computers, no gadgets, just a guitar and a bass and LOTS of pedals....)

2. The Light (think a cross between Digweed and Hybrid as a live PA)

3. Roni Size Reprazent (They just kick ass.....if you saw them in Central Park a couple years back, you know what I'm talking about....4 guys behind computers, a live drummer, and a live bass player...)

4. Funk Lab (put on a really good show)

5. Spacemen (think a cross between Scot Project and Freq Nasty as a live PA, but wearing huge alien helmets)

6. Kosheen (I can always dig a live D+B Band)

7. Westbam (ROCKED the house at Giant...can either PA or DJ)

8. Advent (would be higher, just I really don't see him playing at Roxy)

9. Rhinocerose (more chilly electronica, but still pretty decent live)

10. Aphex Twin (just because I've never seen him...once again, not someone I picture at Roxy).

Yes yes all are great live acts (dont care 2 much about the light though) but you forget something.....for all these acts to play at the ROXY an event must first take place:

whfo.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This saturday live@Roxy is

Y O K O O N O!!!!!

Do you know her?

Yes,she is famous as wife of Jhon Lenon.

But she has another face as singer also has "paradaise garage classic" maybe.

Most admireble Japanese mom!!!!

If I were her son I could get more better life in NY.

Please forgive my mermering from Japan.