Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How does Richie Rydell compare to the Top NYC DJs.

he's not at that level yet I don't think but I also think he has the potential to make it there.........

those guys you name have been DJing for decades.........Junior is in his 50s for christ's sake..........

give him time

I do know who to watch fellas... His name is Jose Velez, and if there is anyone who can make it big.. it's that kid.

If you don't believe me come hear him play at djais every saturday

you agree with this post.

rydel is good, but not great enough to be compared to the top dj's. Give Him time and his presence will be felt. My Opinion, I think Rydell and Velez are the shores future Djais that will be in reign for the years to come.

"Music is life"

Originally posted by soundfreak

I do know who to watch fellas... His name is Jose Velez, and if there is anyone who can make it big.. it's that kid.

2 things, there is no need to compare Rydell to the top NYC djs, hes very good but not at a top level status nor should he.

As for blowing up the local Djais guy...... Stop it... puh lease

Ummmm. thanks soundfreak for your opinion, always glad to keep the crowd energized.

As for sandman who says i'm a local DJ... you obviuosly don't know too much, i'm not even from jersey... but i dj in 2 states and 3 different boroughs, and travel out of state at times. so i think i'm doing something right. This is actually my first djing stint in the jersey shores, so why don't u swing by some time so i can revise ur siskel & eibert comments.

These kids who think they know...... puh leeeeaaaazzzzeeee..!!!

"Music is essential to the soul":dj:

Originally posted by djjvelez

Ummmm. thanks soundfreak for your opinion, always glad to keep the crowd energized.

As for sandman who says i'm a local DJ... you obviuosly don't know too much, i'm not even from jersey... but i dj in 2 states and 3 different boroughs, and travel out of state at times. so i think i'm doing something right. This is actually my first djing stint in the jersey shores, so why don't u swing by some time so i can revise ur siskel & eibert comments.

This is once again a joke???? First, welcome to NJ and especially this board where most are pricks. I said nothing negative of your abilities. If your not local then sorry, but I have never heard of you....

Ill never go to Djais again, did that when I was younger and could tolorate the odd crowd it has. Ill spare you my laundry list of complaints of that joint.

Good luck and have a great summer.

Once again "the we never heard of you so you must not be any good" or as it is properly called the "Jersey DJ Syndrome"

Jose - Good luck, just remember you can do all that stuff out of state, have a CD that kicked PVD's ass and they still won't respect you.

Originally posted by djjvelez

No offense but Djias Saturday Sucks balls I went there once and had a terrible time I can see why they give out Djais VIP card for Saturday night out like crazy for god sake I can wall paper my bedroom with those cards

Rydell is a great dj. To compare him to the biggest djs in NYC is kind of hard. But they all have one thing in common, they all rock a huge crowd. And if you ever been to Metro Lounge or Merge Richie kicks ass. When he was a Cheehta on a saturday night the place always was packed and was a really fun party. Junior wasnt big until he was almost forty and look at him now. If anybody is to make it big, it could be Richie. He is one the biggest djs in NJ. Everything happens it time. Kind of stupid to try to compare NY & NJ djs.