Clubplanet Nightlife Community

homegrown last night

nice crowd showed up last night. i got to see a lot of ppl. sorry that to everyone who i did not get a chance to talk to for too long. i had to go home and go to bed early. next time....

did anyone notice that it seemed darker in there than usual? i didn't like that. other than that, good music on a tuesday. keep this party going. :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ali--get off your butt and come down to this party one Tuesday...you can sleep on Mac's couch afterwards...:D

And I finally got to hear eric (cintron) spin--yaaaay...hon your set was not sloppy, it was fantastic!!! :D Thank you for the hugs and for caring about me the way you do--your friendship is *almost* better than your set...

I promised myself I'd leave by 11...but I didn't get out till after midnight...as per usual...nice seeing everyone :)

Last nights party was the best one yet. We had some amazing tunes and the crowd was really into it. At one point, towards the end of my set and in the beggining of Cintron's set I saw at least 10 people dancing (keep in mind this was only at like 10 PM). It almost brought a tear to my eye :) . The vibe last night was incredible. I hope we can keep that vibe going every week.

Around 12:30 the shit hit the fan. Some crackhead made off with Shannon's wallet and despite an angry drunken lynch mob combing the streets for him, we were unable to recover it.

Finally, I woke up this morning and looked in my mp3 recorder to find the recording from last night so that it could be formatted and uploaded to Metro Mix Radio. Mysteriously, the file is nowhere to be found. I am sooooooooooo pissed. First Shannon's wallet with around $300 in it got stolen, then the file with some incredible sets on it is lost.

Someone please shoot me now. I want to die.

Last night was definitely the best Homegrown I've been to! I was one of those people dancing... heard some awesome sets last night!!! :bounce:

Major bummer that the recordings of those sets were lost... and that's awful about Shannon's wallet. :( I know it doesn't really make things easier, but as Cintron said, at least you lost something replaceable...

Stayed much later than I'd planned... I hurt now. :drunk:

last night was awesome except for part where that MOTHERFUCKER GOT MY FUCKING WALLET!

Eric, youre set was awesome. I dont know what the hell you were worrying about. It was very cool to finally hear you spin.

actually, all the sets I heard were very good. sucks that they were lost.

ok, I'm off to cancel my credit cards.

:mad:

...man...that is sooo fucked up...sorry shannon...and ron...i was telling qwest on the way home, how i couldnt wait to listen to the mix today...damn...bad way to end a good nite...

ofcourse, it was tastyt and i dancing up a storm...think i lost 5.7 lbs in all...nice meeting and greeting the familiar and the new...the smoking circle was fun...no inflatable alligators spotted this morning...mike - hope u enjoyed the gift....D - thanks for the dances...marci - thanks for stuffing fake money down my shirt - what the fuck was on those anyways...eric - thanks for the unbelievable beats...

Homegrown is a great concept...keep it up fellas...it will come to its fruition with the continued hard work and support...i will come as often as i can get out of dirty jerzey...

Awww Shannon! I'm so sorry to hear that...people can be so RUDE!! Cancel all the cards and don't forget to change your ATM cards too...grr. If it's any consolation, you lit up my night...how do you say dirty ***** in Japanese?! ;)

Hey everybody. I can't believe some fucker pulled that shit with Shannon's wallet. I was hoping you found the guy so i could pull an Odd-Job with one of my records and slice his head off.

(or a shoe... but WHO THROWS A SHOE... I MEAN REALLY ;))

Sorry you had to go through that, Shannon. there's always an asshole waiting to turn a good vibe into a horrible one, but thank god it wasn't something more serious like a fight where someone got hurt.

Okay... about my set... i'm so SORRY! ;) I had a 40 before i went on... and for some reason i kept losing the damn knob to the channel 2 fader. I think at one point i was crawling underneath the cabinet trying to find where it fell in mid-mix. I tell ya - story of my life. Here i was, ready to start out nice, deep and chunky and progress into something crazy, and instead you fuckers show up and get me all excited, making me throw down hard. Dammit ;)

Thanks for showin up anyway. Ron- sorry about that minidisc. you know WHY that happened? Because i was spinning.:tongue:

Nearly EVERY set of mine has always had a minidisc crap out on it for reasons i dont even think god can explain. Ah well. Next time :)

Oh and i forgot, but i promise i'll bring copies of my newer demo next time. figured it's good to hear something fresh....

Originally posted by ReginaP

...how do you say dirty ***** in Japanese?! ;)

:laugh: :laugh: . . . hrrrrmmmmmmmm . . .

...speaking of dirty...Ron + Eric = one of the best combo's I've heard besides LES....seriously...have you guys even thought about that???? :idea:

As for the other boys, I'm sorry I didn't get to stick around...I left shortly after 11, thinking I had interviews to go on today...but this stupid cold I have is keeping me home ...:(

Lav - sorry about your wallet love. Same thing happened to me last summer before I left for St. Thomas...1 word....ASSHOLES!!!! :mad:

Shannon just told me that the fucking crackheaded son of a bitch that stole her wallet already spent over 160 dollars on her credit card / debit card. That is money that has was taken directly out of her account. If I ever see that mother fucker again I am going to jail for murder.

Sup people,

I decided to come at the last minute, sorry i was a little late. Please forgive me.. hehe. Anyway Homegrown last night was definetely one of the best ever. It was great seeing so many popular faces, definetely good times. BUT there was one problem which really pissed me off..

WHERE THE FUCK WAS JOEG???? What an ass, i can't believe he didn't come.

The beats were definetely very tasty last night, although if I had to make one comment i'd say turn the volume down a tiny bit. All in all last night was lots of fun, even the little foolish encounter. Hope to see all of u out next time, peace.

shannon that totally sucks.. you know we would have killed that muhfucka if we found him. your credit card company shouldnt hold you liable for those purchases though.. the whole situation pretty much sucks. but at least no small children were killed, right? ;)

ron.. that def. bites that we lost those sets.. but we have plenty more to come homie!

thanks to everyone for comin out.. those who missed my set will be given the chance to redeem themselves at 8pm next week. :cool:

*snore*grumble*snore*...what....?

Ugh...sorry I missed most of the people there last night, but I was DYING from the weather... Ron, sorry to hear you lost the set. Sounded like a great one too... :(

And who's this shitmonkey who stole Shannon's wallet? I'm so sorry to hear that sweetie :mad3: Hope somebody finds that son of a bitch and crack him open.

actually... as bad as it seems, the fact that the asshole spent money on your card is a GOOD thing.

You can cancel your card, dispute the charges and if your bank isn't a bunch of dickheads they can refund your cash. Same thing happened to me.

Thing is... you can check where those purchases were made. You can go to those places and ask who signed for em, get descriptions, investigate... more than likely, SOMEONE will know something, or at least there will be a security camera that caught it. You CAN nail this asshole.

oh and Marci - um... i never thought about it. i guess i'm just weird like that.

Originally posted by cintron

Here i was, ready to start out nice, deep and chunky and progress into something crazy, and instead you fuckers show up and get me all excited, making me throw down hard. Dammit ;)

I would love to hear you throw down a nice chunky set, but I was just feeling very evil and had to set it off hard and bangin. I happened to buy a bunch of hard ass tribal tracks on Sunday and I really wanted to play them. So I started off smooth to transition from Bog and then broke out the evil shyte. I was so delirious from my horrible cold that if I didn't play hard like that I would have passed out behind the decks.

Besides bro, your set was awesome. You had mad people dancing around like maniacs. Thats something rarely seen at HomeGrown but always welcome and encouraged. I am really upset I don't have the recording to relive the night.

We will definitely have you back bro. No worries. You can play chunky then. ;)

. . hey hey everyone . . :D . .

. . Great seeing all of you last night . . . I'd like to make a special shoutout to Nick for just being THAT cool . . :smoke: . . and Cintron for throwing beats THAT fucking well!! . . rawk the fuck on!! . . .

. . . Great night, hope everyone got home safe . . :D . . my trip was a haze . . .