Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuckin Merge Question

I haven't been there this summer at all. I have to admit, I went a few times last year & didn't like it, but I'm sure they are better now. I read mixed reviews here on CP, some people blow it up & others kill it... what's the deal?.... Can someone give me an unbiased opinion, I want to check it out this weekend. I usually go to XS or temps.. & what is the deal with fire shots???

Originally posted by tommyarmani

Can someone give me an unbiased opinion, I want to check it out this weekend. I usually go to XS or temps.. & what is the deal with fire shots???

Some say I am biased because i am friends with the people there. Its a good time there. Rydell has been on point all summer. Fire shots are dangerous. I think they are offering comp admission to Merge for CP members. Its worth a try.

Here is what George wrote about the comps for Saturday:

Originally posted by ml2k1

And of course for all our CPpeeps, if you would like to be on my guest list for this saturday, just pm me your name plus how many people (ex. jenny +3) and arrive before 11pm and you will be admitted for FREE! thanks.......

george b.

Just introduce yourself to George when you walk in. He is at the first bar when you walk in to the left.

I'll tell it to you straight, I have no vested interest in any club down there. Seein the line outside the place last Sat (which was ridiculous), I was aprehensive about it at first , but I was VERY glad I stayed, music was much better than I had heard in weeks at Temps. Crowd was good, energy was good. The only real gripe I had was the LARGE amount of underage kids in the place, other than that, was great.

Merge has been great on Saturdays as of late. Its been really packed, lots of hot girls, and Amazing music courtesy of Richie Rydell. Plus if you go this saturday you'll get comped.... SO worst case scenario, you can leave without having paid a dollar..... But I'm sure that won't be the case.... Its a great time...

Try it once, and you'll definitely go back...

FYI..... George has made it a prerequiste for all CP members to have a fireshot as their first shot........ They are sick....

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Here is what George wrote about the comps for Saturday:

Just introduce yourself to George when you walk in. He is at the first bar when you walk in to the left.

Who do we ask for at the door?

Guest saleen351

my sources at merge tell me that they are packing them in on sat night but only since it was july 4 week, so it will be interesting to see how they carry it over or not, still i hear xs is still the best club in town with crowds... I hear temps was a little less packed this sat.......

dont' shoot the messenger...

Originally posted by tommyarmani

I haven't been there this summer at all. I have to admit, I went a few times last year & didn't like it, but I'm sure they are better now. I read mixed reviews here on CP, some people blow it up & others kill it... what's the deal?.... Can someone give me an unbiased opinion, I want to check it out this weekend. I usually go to XS or temps.. & what is the deal with fire shots???

I have been there a few times this summer on a saturday nite and thought RR played some really great sets and this is the first few times I have ever heard him...The people were all cool, it wasnt as crowded as TEMPS/XS, but a descent crowd...I dont know George or the other CPERS (I might have met some if they were there last wed, but I dont remember)....so I have no Ties....Definitely worth checking out and this sat should be a good time from what I understand....WTF if you dont like it, its not like being in the city where you walk into EXIT and are like damn, Should have went to SF which is too many blocks away and an extra $30....Its seaside XS/TEMPS are a couple of blocks up the road....

:D

Originally posted by jp18

people were all cool, it wasnt as crowded as TEMPS/XS, but a descent crowd...

:confused: :confused: I don't get it? I heard XS was dead and Merge and Tempts were Packed......???

i went for the first time ever last sat and had a good time. there was no line when i got there, about 1230 so we went right in. place was pretty packed but you could move around with ease. music was good except that damn lasgo mix. the WORST ever. kept playing the intro over and over and over. but besides that when he started playing harder, music was off the hizzel. ill be back and the flaming shots........STAY AWAY they kill ya

:laugh:

Originally posted by esco

:confused: :confused: I don't get it? I heard XS was dead and Merge and Tempts were Packed......???

I didnt hit merge this saturday, I was speaking about past experience....I was at XS which I dont think was dead this saturday, but wasnt as packed as I expected.

Sorry, I am not always clear in my posts.

Tommyarmani. Here is the real deal, and anyone can feel free to correct me if am wrong (i may be "slightly"bias since i work at Metro/Merge but i will tell the truth.) You hear great reviews and you hear bad reviews just like every other club down in seaside for a few reasons. For a while there seemed to be many more of what i called "haters" on this board that just seemed to try and knock Merge for one reason or another(just as you see alot of bullshit about temps/denny ). If you notice, people try and knock things that are really good , otherwise why would you bother. Not everyones OPINIONS or likes are the same,THATS FINE WITH US, but someone knocking something so much usually has a hidden agenda.Last year we did get off to a slow start.....which the haters were still even trying to carry over to this year.Whatever.....thats overwith (except with my good pal saleen) This year is a whole different ball game........What we have done and are doing , hopefully speaks for itself. First saleen wanted to point out that we were packed ONLY cause of the anniversary party a few weeks ago, now , he says Merge was ONLY packed cause of fourth of july weekend (why he needs to keep finding a reason to WHY we are doing well really is beyond me...who cares , it WAS packed to the walls, get over it) Fourth of july saturday EVERYONE should have been packed to the walls, and if it was not like that at all the clubs,Seaside heights in general may have a problem (anyone remember what i said a while back about the club goer population of seaside as a whole and not enough people to fill ALL the clubs.....thats what i was talking about , that is a potential problem for all the clubs in seaside, which is why i feel ALL the clubs in seaside should be thinking of ways to promote seaside AS A WHOLE to bring in the dance population)So , to get back to tommyarmanis question,how ever it is that you judge what a "good" club is , at this point in time , i would almost, ACTUALLY, I will, GUARENTEE that you will, at the VERY least, have a GOOD TIME at Merge. Keep in mind merge is not for everyone just like Metro Lounge is not for everyone. We cater to a hardcore dance club crowd that is really into music, vibe,sound lights and what WE FEEL, IN OUR OPINION,what a dance club should be about.Some people think it is to "New yorkish" whatever that means. And i would also venture to say that you will like the crowd there(friendly, and very into the music, you will love the music (on either friday with teo t and sat with richie rydell) The sound system and lighting cannot be compared to anywhere at the shore, and the place is really cool looking with an awsome vibe (and this sat it will be TOTALLY TRANSFORMED for the 2nd ANNUAL WHITE PARTY which i am personally inviting you to, pm me) And if you judge a club on how packed it is, so you know,Fridays have been slow,(seaside in general has been slow as we all know) and saturdays at Merge have been consistently crowded. So i invite you to judge it for yourself........... I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I hope i gave a fair response to your question.(if i didnt , i am sure saleen with have the lawyers on it, right saleen;) )(just kidding pal)

George b.

Originally posted by saleen351

my sources at merge tell me that they are packing them in on sat night but only since it was july 4 week, so it will be interesting to see how they carry it over or not, still i hear xs is still the best club in town with crowds... I hear temps was a little less packed this sat.......

dont' shoot the messenger...

YUP. . .I WOULD HAPPEN TO AGREE :D

Merge is by far the coolest looking(NYC style) and sounding club at the shore. Music is great by Rydell. I would chose Merge or Tempts over Xs. Xs is not as good with out Teo there. Where every you go you will have fun. Merges theme partys are a great time. So if you choose anytime to go, this weekend would be a good time to check it out. This past weekend I thought Xs was pretty dead. Merge was packed like hell, and Tempts was pretty packed too. Either way its all a good time.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by cigs

I've been to Merge a couple of times before Tempts and enjoyed myself. George is cool as shit!

I do enjoy Merge, I like it for a warm up, and it helps change up the main event.....:cool:

George is definitely the best as well as a few others:D

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by ml2k1

Tommyarmani. Here is the real deal, and anyone can feel free to correct me if am wrong (i may be "slightly"bias since i work at Metro/Merge but i will tell the truth.)

:laugh: :laugh: That line is the best thing i've ever heard...

So you were telling the truth when lasgo was book? I spoke the truth, FACT MERGE HAS NOT BEEN PACKED BESIDES LASGO AND 4 OF JULY, YES I HEAR ITS BEEN PICKING UP, BUT FAKE PERFORMANCES AND HOLIDAY WEEKENDS IS NOT A GOOD JUDGEMENT IF A CLUB WILL DO WELL OR NOT....... LIKE I SAID WE WILL SEE IF THEY CAN CARRY IT OVER OR NOT...I THINK GOING AGAINST RETRO PARTY THIS WEEK, YOUR NOT PACKING THEM IN, BUT I THINK EARLY ON YOU'LL DO ALRIGHT, GIVE CREDIT FOR JOEL FOR BEING A GENIOUS FOR HAVING THE RETRO PARTY AFTER 4 OF JULY.... SO THE REAL TEST IS NOT THIS WEEKEND, BUT THE FOLLOWING... MY MONEY SEZ XS DOES MORE THEN TEMPS AND MERGE ON A REGULAR WEEKEND... (CONSISTENLY THAT IS)

TIME WILL TELL, AND I HAVE A NEW OUT LOOK ON CLUBS IN SSH, I WISH ONE WOULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS, AND THEN REOPEN WITH SOMETHING NEW AND NOT RECYCLED, LIKE A TECH NIGHT, OR FREESTYLE NIGHT, FAKE PERFORMANCE NIGHT:tongue: , YOU GUYS GET THE POINT, I'D LOVE TO HEAR SOME ROCKELL OR TKA DOWN THERE, THEN HEAD OVER FOR SOME BANGING TECH...

HOUSE IS DEAD,

PICOTTO IS THE ANSWER......

SALEEN COCHRAN OUT!!!!:D