Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The *REAL* Donald Glaude review from last night

ok, now that i got that out of my system, let's get down to the meat :D

me and Dagreatest3 (newbie) got there pretty early, but ran into brickhouse and snoozie outside. I was originallly supposed to go to ROXY finally, but a certain someone didn't show up outside to meet me :tongue:

Donald came on around midnight, and TastyT and Reenicole came in to join the festivities. There was a mammoth drag queen dancing on high, 2 barbarella-looking chicks doing their thing on the platform, and for once i could tolerate some dry ice since they didn't overdo it.

Now for the Music. I don't know how a certain generic-named individual would comment on house being better than techno music, b/c if anything, Donald proved him wrong.

He dropped a serious beat-ridden set, with pauses that got the crowd pumped, hands in the air, and his music is real flowey and fun to dance to.

later on, he did the incredible: mixing a Sting song into Underworld Born Slippy :eek: :eek:

We all had a great time, as did the rest of the crowd. I wish i could have stayed later, but PS1 is calling in a few hours :D

last night was great glaude rocked the crowed it was great meeting everyone(snoozie brickhouse tasty dagreatest gmccookny) i was:bootysha:until my feet couldnt take it anymore(next time wear sneakers .....doop!!!) we have to do it again soon:party:

Originally posted by danwilson

Explain to me how Glaude Rocked. Half the music he played was bad soul music. He played alot of top 40 stuff and horrible techno music. I didn't go to hear top 40 music. I would have went to Culture club for that.

maybe u didnt like the music, but u cant say its horrible cuz its not ur taste. i wasnt there nor have i ever heard glaude before. but from these other posts, everyone else seemed to have a good time. and i really doubt it was top 40 music. maybe remixes of top 40 songs, but again, i wasnt there, so idk. either way sounds like everyone else had a good time. stop bein so ignorant

Explain to me how Glaude Rocked. Half the music he played was bad soul music. He played alot of top 40 stuff and horrible techno music. I didn't go to hear top 40 music. I would have went to Culture club for that.

Did anyone tell you you're a fucking HOMO?! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you didn't like Donald Glaude then fine.. stay at Roxy with Vicious or Factory with Peters. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I had a great time. Very few dj's get as excited as Donald Glaude gets during a set which in return gets me excited and dancin the whole time. Whoever sayin it sucked I really can't understand. Is it because you didn't get laid like you would at Exit. Well that does't matter. Glaude ripped it, crowd was groovin, and that's that. I still have not yet met cp people. How do you guys meet. You just go around sayin "yo, you post on cp" or what. I don't know, maybe someday. In the street we're gonna rock right, true.

Who said anything about meeting a girl there. How was he good. You like Techno house. You like bad soul music. Then he played top 40 stuff, which anyone can play. What because he waves his hands in the air, you like that. Dude, i like a DJ that plays good music. The guy sucked. He's horrible.

Who said anything about meeting a girl there. How was he good. You like Techno house. You like bad soul music. Then he played top 40 stuff, which anyone can play. What because he waves his hands in the air, you like that. Dude, i like a DJ that plays good music. The guy sucked. He's horrible.

either you're in your own little box, or you enjoy being the devil's advocate :^/

Well, judging from the crowd's response, he laid some good stuff down. I don't recall any top 40 things, he mixed it all up, and part of being a great DJ is getting the crowd into it, and he did that fine :cool:

I don't know how anyone could say he "sucked"...

Now Draper, that's another story :laugh2:

You say you want to hear a dj that plays good music, after having written

Dude, go listen to Johnny Vicious, Peters, Sean Ink, Tony Draper to hear a great DJ.

Don't you ever get tired of being such a joke?

:blown:

I thought Glaude was great. In Miami, he really showed off his skills by spinning with his nose, chin, etc. I wish he could have done that Friday night. However, he did put on a good set. The more popular music was coming from Discipline, not Glaude.

I have to say, though, I wasn't at all impressed with the crowd at Centro. There were a few people that seem to really get into the music, but most people were looking to get bombed. I have heard the Subliminal parties there were great.

Is this DanWilson character for real? He PMed me & told me Glaude sucked. Is this guy nuts?

Stacie

Originally posted by stacl25

Is this DanWilson character for real? He PMed me & told me Glaude sucked. Is this guy nuts?

Stacie

Yes, he is.

Glad to hear you had a good time! Next time, come meet us KoOky CP peeps. We were mainly on the right-side of the stage that night, chillin under the a.c.

You might have seen me...i was the sweaty blonde guy dancing up a storm wearing a <SPLIT> shirt and red pants.

Originally posted by gmccookny

Yes, he is.

Glad to hear you had a good time! Next time, come meet us KoOky CP peeps. We were mainly on the right-side of the stage that night, chillin under the a.c.

You might have seen me...i was the sweaty blonde guy dancing up a storm wearing a <SPLIT> shirt and red pants.

Be a little more specific... you should have said you were the blonde smurf hanging out by the Barbarella dancer. :tongue:

Originally posted by stacl25

GMC - Were you in the very back near that VIP section? I saw some guy that sounds like you dancing around with a girl with funny glasses.

Stacie

I don't think so. Funny glasses, eh? hehhe

I was on the main dance floor... i don't fuck around ;)