Clubplanet Nightlife Community

car advice

i am thinking bout getting a Trans Am, or a Firebird, or a Camaro... definitely leaning towards the trans am tho. Now i need ur advice car buffs, is the car actually reliable? or does it break down easily? anyone have it? which one should i get in ur opinion?

plz dont say get a certain car just because it looks better... altho that definitely would be a plus

(the car i would get would be like '96, '97)

Originally posted by airatomic

i am thinking bout getting a Trans Am, or a Firebird, or a Camaro... definitely leaning towards the trans am tho. Now i need ur advice car buffs, is the car actually reliable? or does it break down easily? anyone have it? which one should i get in ur opinion?

plz dont say get a certain car just because it looks better... altho that definitely would be a plus

~~~:kiss2:

compared to any import they're ALL total pieces of shit in terms of reliability and quality in general, but if I really had to pick and those are the only 3 cars left in the world....i'd go w/ the camaro (is it Z28?) only because i've had a pontiac in the past and it was such a piece of toxic diseased diarrea that i've sworn to stay within 10 feet of one, i wouldn't drive one even if it was given to me as a gift.

people who buy these cars (camaros, mustangs, transams) all the newer "muscle" cars like that, don't give a shit about reliability, only about how much horses they're putting out at the wheel, that's what they're about, thats who they're marketed for.....people who not only dont mind but love to work on cars so when shit fucks up they have a ball fixing it themselves and getting racing spec this and that yadayadayada. so unless you're one of those guys i'd stay away from these pieces of shit.

my family had a camaro for 10 years with very little trouble. as long as you dont race it (well, not too much anyway) it should be just fine

try to find one that has not been modified that much. Chip upgrades probably do the most damage. Youre best bet would be a Camaro RS with the Y87 package (wheel/tire upgrade, better exhaust, suspension and transmission uprage)

and do not get black paint

F-body's are decent for the money... I've always been partial to firebirds... the ws6 firebird makes me want to own one...

camaros are too common... imo...

i'll warn you, though... i've driven a few, than handle like boats... they're pretty big cars...

i'd stick with my dsm any day of the week...

thanx for the advice guys

i want a car that has a nice sporty look thats y i love the trans am but if u know any other cars that also look goodand drive well i am open for opinions... but keep in mind my liit is only like $6k

sporty and relaible for around $6k?

besides camaro/firebird or mustang, i can recommend a base mitsubishi 3000gt or a Dodge Stealth ES (same engine as R/T, but lower insurance...looks different though)

avoid base stealth, dodge avenger, and chrysler sebring (or any chrysler product with the 165 hp V6 for that matter)

probe/MX-6/626 are reliable, but automatics drain lots of power from V6's

prelude/accord coupe/integra are good choices, but good luck finding one without a lot of mileage for $6k

talon/eclipse/laser also not bad choice...but i would ask joeg/teklord about those

MR2 another good one (one of the better looking 90's cars), but ask cintron about it. insurance is very high from what i understand

avoid infiniti's, subaru svx, lexus' and acura legend/vigor....reliable but expensive as fuck to repair :(

thanx for the advice guys

i want a car that has a nice sporty look thats y i love the trans am but if u know any other cars that also look goodand drive well i am open for opinions... but keep in mind my liit is only like $6k

sporty look, drives well, low insurance, for $6k!?!?!?!

Kid you're not looking for a car you're looking for a motorcycle!!

:laugh: :laugh:

you could probably get yourself a fat ass ZX12R for like $6k now that's one hell of a bike!

if u give a shit at all about reliability, here's how the most reliable list goes:

1. japanese cars

2. european cars

(pretty much any other carmaker)

Dead last: american cars

I know 5 people with a camaro/firebird/trans am, and all of them have more problems with their cars than I do with my 13 year old civic with 190,000 miles on it...

They're not even that sporty either... they handle like shit compared to imports, and if u get the V6 version don't expect much power at all (my friend's civic si beats the V6's easily... and si's aren't exactly a sports car)

But, if u only care about what it looks like and not how it handles, accelerates or how reliable it is then go for it...

Originally posted by joeg

F-body's are decent for the money... I've always been partial to firebirds... the ws6 firebird makes me want to own one...

camaros are too common... imo...

i'll warn you, though... i've driven a few, than handle like boats... they're pretty big cars...

i'd stick with my dsm any day of the week...

you take your car to the dyno? whp?

thread starter: check thepartstrader.com. under honda/acura they have a bunch of hybrids (different engine in car). i know a couple of people selling prelude motor powered accords and civics with GSR engines on partstrader for less then $6k, but i would have a mechanic check out the swap.