Clubplanet Nightlife Community

exit? any good? whos playing?

hi.

im coming to nyc and want to go clubbing on sat 27th july. ive heard exit is pretty good, and want to findout whos playing that night. any help would be great cos it aint that easy to find out stuff from the uk. any other recommendations would be cool to.

cheers!!!!!!!!!

For the love of God, stay away from that place.

Go to PS1 on Saturday. It's during the day, but it's a great crowd and good music... plus the Museum of Modern Art.

If you want to go out at night (I recommend doing both, really), keep your eyes peeled here for posts about upcoming events... there will surely be at least 2 or 3 things to choose from.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

:aright:

I'd suggest going to Howells and then heading over to Exit for afterhours to hear Junior. Arc closes about 8 and Jr goes till at least 2. I guess it depends on what kind of music you're into, but I think Junior is a million times better than Howells; much darker, sinister and def. more twisted.

Originally posted by tastyt

I'd suggest going to Howells and then heading over to Exit for afterhours to hear Junior. Arc closes about 8 and Jr goes till at least 2. I guess it depends on what kind of music you're into, but I think Junior is a million times better than Howells; much darker, sinister and def. more twisted.

but arc is always such a better experience than exit.

and hoke's right - you must check out PS1. It is a daytime event and has an incredible vibe.

how long are you going to be in NY? you really could go out every night....

Originally posted by hotcheme

but arc is always such a better experience than exit.

Arc's infinitely better than Exit, but Arc doesn't have Junior. :tongue: Also, Exit sats are much better than Exit fris (not that that's saying a lot!).

He is right....howells would be a good pre-game / warm-up for junior, if you dont mind the outrageous prices and young crowd/tight security at arc......junior is the best DJ in town on Sun Morning, he's been doin it longer than anyone else in the city ( well, except for Cousin Brucie )

Were you a Sound Factory regular when Junior used to tear that party up? If so, how does he play these days in comparison to those days?

Originally posted by fwilso01

He is right....howells would be a good pre-game / warm-up for junior, if you dont mind the outrageous prices and young crowd/tight security at arc......

excuse me?

are u basing this on ARC's DH / DT night?

arc / vinyl does not have outrageous prices

and is consistently OLDER than most clubs in the city (read average age is greater than high school)

?????

Originally posted by fwilso01

He is right....

Hey, I am a WOMAN dammit!!! :mad:

Were you a Sound Factory regular when Junior used to tear that party up? If so, how does he play these days in comparison to those days?

No... I never went to the original SF, I was still pretty new to the scene when it closed, I'd only been clubbing about a year or so.

However, if you like the dark twisted shit go to EXIT early.....like around 6 or 7....that's when he seems to play harder and then around noon plays the anthem fluffy vocals and loses me.........

True... good point.

Originally posted by barvybe

excuse me?

and is consistently OLDER than most clubs in the city (read average age is greater than high school)

?????

it has gotten a bit more expensive lately but i wonder how much it will cost on a regular howells night.

btw, it was nice to meet you saturday.

hey, nice meeting you too! :)

next saturday?

i just thought it odd complaining about prices and age compared to EXIT, the notorious $40 - $50 cover high school hang out. of course, late night's with junior are a little different then that....

excuse me?

?????

Okay....

first off, i'm not gay, but i have gone to earth free about 30 times by cutting out the ad in HX magazine......

Second Vinyl never really got crazy with the prices......arc does.......nothing will ever be under $25 again........and scan the crowd now.....Arc is getting much much younger.....and go to an earth party at exit(read:party not club).......MUCH more older/mature than a night at Arc....

I'm not bashin arc or any party, i will be there this week, just like every other....But Junior has been doin it longer than anyone else in this city. period.(except cousin brucie) Wether Palladium, Exit, etc, junior can tear it up......remember him and danny are the only ones that can do it in this city ( unless u belive dan wilson )

ok fwilso...

doesn't matter to me if you are gay or not

i know all about junior....used to see him like once a month for years and years in the twilo space

arc's only been open a couple weeks...we'll see what happens.

Very good......i'll go with you on that

!!!!Drama Averted!!!!