Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A question for all you CP people..

We used to have tons of CP meetups and that's how a lot of people met. But after a while all the drama killed a lot of everything, there used to be a feeling of family here with everyone now it's just corney jokes and things being brought in the open that really is not anyones business. Maybe one day we will have those huge meetups again and the boards will go back to normal:)

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

We used to have tons of CP meetups and that's how a lot of people met. But after a while all the drama killed a lot of everything, there used to be a feeling of family here with everyone now it's just corney jokes and things being brought in the open that really is not anyones business. Maybe one day we will have those huge meetups again and the boards will go back to normal:)

I definately agree with you on that D, but I don't know if drama was the cause or the effect... I'm still trying to figure out why things changed so much...

I don't know if they can ever go back...

Originally posted by hotcheme

i didn't know anyone here before and many of the ppl i have met are a lot less insane than they might seem on the boards.

That's what YOU think! :screwy:

I also didn't know anyone before I started posting. And going out to meet people off the boards helps a LOT.

I've met a lot of very cool people from this board, especially back a few years when Casey(BlueAngel (RIP) ) and myself would organize meetups... literally over a 100 cool people, maybe closer to 150-200... I lost count.

I guess through the year(s) drama really did kill a lot of that more club family atmosphere which caused other boards to open up, and such...

Oh well, I'll still never leave CP even if I do post all over the place. Plus, life has been busy too.

-Steve

Its not that the CP Family died it was just that people just became assholes. After 9/11 it was such unity and everyone was just together. When Roxy came about EVERYONE would come, even the kids who hate the Roxy now came. Good Lord I still have all the pix from the meetups and it was always a TON of people. It's just there are certian people on this board who always wanna keep the drama, name calling and bringing people down alive because they get a kick out of it, and along with that brings this board down:(

I mean jeeze just keep the comments to urself and keep on the topic. Why let personal issues bother you? As I told Quoth the other day, when you click the X and close the page, all the drama on CP just goes away and you go along with your normal day. So why even bother wasteing your time making jackass comments to someone when you can be talking about something productive? Internet balls are funny but anyone that has problems with me on the board has never said anything to my face and god knows how many times iv seen them at meetups or clubs.

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

Its not that the CP Family died it was just that people just became assholes. After 9/11 it was such unity and everyone was just together. When Roxy came about EVERYONE would come, even the kids who hate the Roxy now came. Good Lord I still have all the pix from the meetups and it was always a TON of people. It's just there are certian people on this board who always wanna keep the drama, name calling and bringing people down alive because they get a kick out of it, and along with that brings this board down:(

I mean jeeze just keep the comments to urself and keep on the topic. Why let personal issues bother you? As I told Quoth the other day, when you click the X and close the page, all the drama on CP just goes away and you go along with your normal day. So why even bother wasteing your time making jackass comments to someone when you can be talking about something productive? Internet balls are funny but anyone that has problems with me on the board has never said anything to my face and god knows how many times iv seen them at meetups or clubs.

:nopity:

sorry, i had to do it.

babyD - please keep quiet!!!

how long have you been around for?

there has always been drama on the boards and there have always been meetups and people come and go. last summer meetups were organized by shuga and staceychase and lots of people met at PS1

now we don't need meet ups as much, cause lots of people know each other from them, Pseudo, HomeGrown, etc. anyone can come out and find 20 CP heads at Homegrown every tuesday. and there are lots of other places. and these are all posted on the board for people to come to.

as for roxy, lots of us ALWAYS hated it, and only came to hang out with friends for an hour or two. there's no requirement for everyone on CP to enjoy the same scene and people have to make decisions as to where they want to spend there $$$'s.

as for shit coming out on the board and personal this and that: that's always been here too. and besides - if you eat shit in public, people are gonna talk about it. if you eat it in the privacy of your own home, they won't. if you don't want to have people talking shit about you, don't be disrespectful to others in public!!

lots of splinter boards have been created by X-cp folks who decided that they had a tight group of friends and they wanted their own board and that's cool too.

if you don't like something, don't read and don't respond to it.

if you want the board to be a positive place, post positive stuff and don't fill it with negative complaints.

new people come here all the time and join in and the board constantly changes.

(oh, hi crystalmethod - haven't seen you in a while)

Originally posted by barvybe

there has always been drama on the boards and there have always been meetups and people come and go. last summer meetups were organized by shuga and staceychase and lots of people met at PS1

now we don't need meet ups as much, cause lots of people know each other from them, Pseudo, HomeGrown, etc. anyone can come out and find 20 CP heads at Homegrown every tuesday. and there are lots of other places. and these are all posted on the board for people to come to.

as for roxy, lots of us ALWAYS hated it, and only came to hang out with friends for an hour or two. there's no requirement for everyone on CP to enjoy the same scene and people have to make decisions as to where they want to spend there $$$'s.

as for shit coming out on the board and personal this and that: that's always been here too. and besides - if you eat shit in public, people are gonna talk about it. if you eat it in the privacy of your own home, they won't. if you don't want to have people talking shit about you, don't be disrespectful to others in public!!

lots of splinter boards have been created by X-cp folks who decided that they had a tight group of friends and they wanted their own board and that's cool too.

if you want the board to be a positive place, post positive stuff and don't fill it with negative complaints.

Agreed, 100%!! Oh except for the crystalmethod thing--I saw Steve last week :)

Originally posted by barvybe

some one give that man a cigar :clap2:

Pretty interesting most of you met through here...I wish I would have discovered CP sooner...most of my friends hate clubs & hate that type of music it would have been nice to find people who I can share some common ground with ....they still come out with me but it's such a drag b/c they don't appreciate the atmosphere & the music the way I do....maybe I'll get a chance to meet some of you sometime

:spin2: :spin2: