Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So Long Body & Soul

I just heard that the Body & Soul party on Sunday will be discontinued, and this week is the last party for a time! Its a shame that some of NYCs best dancers and most true house lovers will temporarily, at least, lose their spot to do their thang...

farewell body and soul!:(

It looks like you're right, though it's not quite that straightforward. From their web site:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To our Body&SOUL members, family, friends and all of the music lovers who have attended our party for the last 6 years,

We would like to take this opportunity to personally thank each and every one of you for your continued loving support and for having contributed to making our weekly gathering a truly special and magical event. For many of us it has become an integral part of life, a ritual we need in order to feel complete and rejuvenated. Dancing together for all these parties has brought so many of us to become part of a community that truly knows no boundaries, geographically, culturally or otherwise.

During these six years we have always strived to provide those who attended with a safe and comfortable environment where they could let their guard down and truly feel one with the music we love. We have also been blessed with the opportunity to perform in New York’s Central Park or in Tokyo, Japan and share that Love of Music with thousands more that never even knew this kind of party could exist. There have been many songs that have inspired us and lifted our souls to a higher spiritual plane, “It’s Alright (I Feel It)â€, “He Is The Joyâ€, “Fatherâ€, “Knight Of The Jaguar†and so many more that have inextricably become part of the very fabric of our lives, and hopefully brought us much-needed rays of hope. So much to be thankful for in a few short years, so many memories shared!

Life’s lessons are that very little remains the same, and since our party’s inception we have seen much to that effect, from the many of us who became parents to those who moved away to other cities; we’ve outlived the club’s successive generations of owners and managers, witnessed the senseless horrors of 9/11 a few hundred yards away, and sadly even had to mourn the untimely passing of the club’s owner and landlord.

At this time many factors are contributing to our having to re-evaluate our current situation at Club ARC during the Summer months, and we have decided to take a break for the next few weeks to help us better understand our options to keep bringing you the kind of party we feel we should be organizing. This upcoming party on Sunday July 21st will be going on as a ‘Classics Party’ as previously announced; we do not expect Joe Claussell to be able to make it, so it will be Danny Krivit and François K bringing you the musical vibes and Ariel on lights. We certainly hope to see all of you on that dance floor this Sunday!!!

We will bring you some more updates on this as things develop, and ask you to keep logging on to our web site’s community board (http://www.bodyandsoul-nyc.com/interact/index.html) for any updates on our future plans, which we will post as we find out ourselves. You can also inquire with us directly if you have any questions regarding all this: mailto:info@bodyandsoul-nyc.com. We are asking that through this situation everyone behave with the utmost dignity and restraint, both in words and in deeds.

Peace and good musical vibes, always.

Body&SOUL-NYC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll personally be going to experience one last time at 6 Hubert the party that gave me hope when I had none...

:(

Originally posted by hoke

It ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll personally be going to experience one last time at 6 Hubert the party that gave me hope when I had none...

:(

ARe you serious? I wouldn't take it that far :nopity:

Originally posted by girly

ARe you serious? I wouldn't take it that far :nopity:

Not to quite that extreme, no. But it did help me out a lot when I was really down, and I honestly can't say where I'd be today if I hadn't discovered Vinyl through Body & Soul.

Originally posted by hoke

Not to quite that extreme, no. But it did help me out a lot when I was really down, and I honestly can't say where I'd be today if I hadn't discovered Vinyl through Body & Soul.

really so Vinyl and body and soul has made a big impact on your life?i see, i see:)

Originally posted by cintron

I'll never make it. :( I wish i could stay an extra day but i have to be back upstate on Sunday to take my friend back to her job.

The most i can do is Friday and Saturday night.

damn babe. . .and u and i had a date planned that never came through. . . :blown:

this is the saddest news ive heard to date. . . :(

nooo baby nooooooo. . .dont take my soul away!

if i can take off on monday (please oh please lord) i will def. be there to bid them adieu' (or something)

Originally posted by Crackorn

I heard they were going to start the party under the new name "Arc and Soul" very soon. Possibly just a rumor.

Arc and Soul is a just a rumor....looks shelter wants them...

taken from www.clubshelter.com

Dear Family and Friends

I pray this letter finds you in the finest of health and the best of spirits.

The Creator is good and His gifts are many.

Life is full with peaks and valleys, but the journey always ends victorious.

I humbly submit my deepest gratitude for all the love and support

you've shown SHELTER over the last 11 years!

I could never imagine a better time to be alive on earth.

The path we share is the bloodline that makes US family.

Wow... it's amazing to think we've been in our new home now for six months.

So many wonderful things have fallen upon us.

From performances by Patti Labelle, Ambrosia and Femi Kuti -

to patronage by Bono & U2 to Christina Aguilara and Spike Lee.

(Who even did some casting for his latest film project at Club Shelter.)

Whoever could forget the tribute SHELTER and West End Records threw

For our 'mother' THE PARADISE GARAGE in Central Park at Summerstage.

Grace Jones was totally out of control 'as usual' and the spirit was alive.

From SHELTER 1991 to SHELTER 2002,

I feel more excited about our future than ever before.

We continue to be a source for the love of music,

expressions through dance and the celebration of life.

As the family continues to grow, my commitment gets stronger.

We all know clubbing as we have known it has changed so much

over the last 25 years - but SHELTER (you + me)

has continually tried to keep the tradition alive.

Applaud Yourselves.

There could be no US without YOU.

Recently, I was notified of a most disturbing turn of events.

The news that our sister party, Body and Soul is closing.

We are a small community and the success of any one party

is what makes our community strong.

Body and Soul has been a very important part of

New York nightlife and the underground soulful scene.

I have great respect for their efforts over the past 6 years.

So without hesitation, just as I have done with Dance Ritual,

Subliminal Sessions and Tsunami - I extend my hand to my sister to say

if you need help - we are here. You have options. My home is your home.

I am a personal friend of Francois K. Danny Krivit and Joe Clausell.

I am saying brothers - don't worry. Don't feel hopeless.

You can always "TAKE SHELTER".

The best in me recognizes the best in you.

Love and peace always

khsignature.gif

Kevin Hedge