Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Info on Roadtrip NY Arc

djfrosty

Hey...I know a ton of you go to NY for road trips. I am going to be in Manhattan on Saturday and wanted to know what your opinions of Arc. Lucien Foort is supposed to be spinning alongside Victor Calderdone.

What is the place like, never heard the DJ's, what am I to expect of the crowd, the music, sound system, and club (AC good?, they serve alcohol?)

Any info appreciated. I would have posted in the NY board but I value the Miami opinions.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

First off, NO ALCOHOL. Let's get that one out of the way first... My advice is hit up a few lounges before you go to Arc.

Sound system is wicked. One of the best ones, dare I say, in America.

Lucien Foort is from Holland. Never heard him live but he's a pretty solid producer. As for Victor, I haven't heard him since I was living back in Miami so I don't know what he's playing these days but from what I understand, it's going to be very tribalesque.

Club recently had a makeover with new lights, expanded dj booth, sound in the VIP and the Arcade. Ceilings a little higher, new dancefloor and painted the entire place.

Go to www.arcspace.net or

www.madeevents.com to get on the reduced list.

Dress down... It's NOT about what you're wearing, it's about being comfy.

go comfortable (sneakers and a tshirt), get there before 1 am cuz then its 40 beans to get in, place gets really full so wear light clothing (see dress comfortable), A/C SUCKS ASS!!!!!! (dare i say, no A/C), sound system very clear and very banging, no alcohol - - just water and juices and ice cream (dont ask) and finally if u decide to take any mind altering substances - - hide them well!! (they stop short of a prostate check!!) that also includes gum, mint and cigs....they take them away from u and throw them in a pile by the door.....:(

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

go comfortable (sneakers and a tshirt), get there before 1 am cuz then its 40 beans to get in, place gets really full so wear light clothing (see dress comfortable), A/C SUCKS ASS!!!!!! (dare i say, no A/C), sound system very clear and very banging, no alcohol - - just water and juices and ice cream (dont ask) and finally if u decide to take any mind altering substances - - hide them well!! (they stop short of a prostate check!!) that also includes gum, mint and cigs....they take them away from u and throw them in a pile by the door.....:(

you make it sound so appealing Jesse. :D I'll stick to dancing around ,the crackheads and meatheads at SF..:laugh:

I am not sure I would advise SF this weekend. They are having there annual Pajama party and it gets ridiculously crowded. I would considering going to Arc (forever Vinyl) first. I go to Arc when the good DJ's come thru. I think it should be a good saturday night for music. The crowd is young but it also has a mix too. The sound system is incredible. You might want to make this your first stop and then hit up SF for the second phase and go sometime in the morning after Arc! Arc usually over by 9am!

It has changed since the new owners took over. I think they are working on there liquor license too. The deep underground feeling has passed. It's almost like a small Twilo!!!! Oh well, whateva you choose have a blast and be safe!! ;)

Originally posted by djfrosty

Screw it, I saw 18 and up on Saturdays on that link you sent me and that is all I need to see.

Now I have no interest.

:D

big deal, so its 18 & over... this is definitely one of the best clubs nyc has to offer as far as music policy, sound, & lighting is concerned. Your loss dude, head over to exit & sf for a meathead fest instead.

Vinyl is always 18+.

Sf this weekend is the UNDERWEAR party, Pajama party was a few months ago. Factory is gonna go all day till the early night so to tell him its gonna be packed all night/day, Jonathan is better in the morning anyway.

Originally posted by goagirl63

I knew that, Underwear party!! Sorry!!! Underwear, pajama, same shit!!! Same SF bullshit!!!!

theme party at sf means one thing, jack up price...wonderful.

although the aniv.party was sick, I was there for 18 hours, so it was worth the money to get in.