Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you say to ppl when...

you meet people and they won't listen to anything else unless it's hip hop. Like I'll be blasting house in my car and they'll be like "wtf is that shit?", "you got any hip hop?" I'm like damn is that all you listen to. I know so many people who won't listen to anything else unless it's hip hop. How can you have such a closed mind? Yes, I'm a house head, but I like some hip hop as well. I hate close minded people who only listen to one form of music, one genre. That's crazy. Open your mind and realize there's a wonderful world of music out there.

One time I was playing one of my mixed CD's in a hip hop clothing store because my boy wanted to hear it and the girl who was working there asked, "What's this music?" I was like you got to be kidding me :laugh:

-XeNo-

if youre open minded why wont you put the hip hop on??? but in any event... my rule of thumb is whoevers car it is their choice of music... in my car... i dont even care whats on... i let the passenger play with the radio/cd etc...

When such an event occurs, you must do the following:

1) Locate nearest Drum n Bass CD (good examples include: Bad Company - Book of the bad, Ed Rush & Optical - The Creeps).

2) Play said Drum n Bass at high volumes.

3) Turn off CD player

4) Put on Hip Hop CD

5) Play said Hip Hop CD

6) Laugh

7) Repeat

Speaking of hip hop....why is it that people pay 30 bucks to get into a club to go only into a room that is small..too cramped..& disgusting just to listen to music they can hear at any time on hot 97 ??? :confused: i HATEEE hip hop rooms in clubs they are a waste of spacee

Originally posted by sweetie029

Speaking of hip hop....why is it that people pay 30 bucks to get into a club to go only into a room that is small..too cramped..& disgusting just to listen to music they can hear at any time on hot 97 ??? :confused: i HATEEE hip hop rooms in clubs they are a waste of spacee

That's more of a matter of personal taste. The same question can be asked of ANY clubs playing ANY kind of music.

Originally posted by xpander

When such an event occurs, you must do the following:

1) Locate nearest Drum n Bass CD (good examples include: Bad Company - Book of the bad, Ed Rush & Optical - The Creeps).

2) Play said Drum n Bass at high volumes.

3) Turn off CD player

4) Put on Hip Hop CD

5) Play said Hip Hop CD

6) Laugh

7) Repeat

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by djxeno

yeah but you can't hear the same tracks these dj's play in clubs on KTU.

Most hip hop dj's play the same stuff that's recycled on the radio.

Well, then you're talking about the caliber of the DJs.

The "hear it on the radio" argument doens't really apply just because you can listen to live sets and CDs at home. Same idea, pretty much.

And generalizing Hip hop clubs in that way doesn't really work.

you meet people and they won't listen to anything else unless it's hip hop. Like I'll be blasting house in my car and they'll be like "wtf is that shit?", "you got any hip hop?" I'm like damn is that all you listen to. I know so many people who won't listen to anything else unless it's hip hop. How can you have such a closed mind? Yes, I'm a house head, but I like some hip hop as well. I hate close minded people who only listen to one form of music, one genre. That's crazy. Open your mind and realize there's a wonderful world of music out there.

One time I was playing one of my mixed CD's in a hip hop clothing store because my boy wanted to hear it and the girl who was working there asked, "What's this music?" I was like you got to be kidding me :laugh:

-XeNo-

yeah I hear you... 90% of the people at my school are that way & I can't stand it... because of this I've started hating hiphop when I didn't used to. anyway when they're in my car or my house, they're gonna listen to whatever the fuck I wanna hear...

Originally posted by xpander

Well, then you're talking about the caliber of the DJs.

The "hear it on the radio" argument doens't really apply just because you can listen to live sets and CDs at home. Same idea, pretty much.

And generalizing Hip hop clubs in that way doesn't really work.

Well that's the way it's down here in philly anyway. The hip hop dj's down here play the same stuff that the radio plays, and they are even sick of it themselves that they can't play more underground hip hop cuz the crowd won't be feelin' it. So all they play is the same shit just mixed and cut up, with all them Fat Man Scoop breaks. IF you'd listen to a dj set about a month ago and then like this week, chances are it wouldn't be that different.

And then they go into their "house sets" LOL that consist of SoHo's "hot music", Cajmere's "Percolater", Hardrive's "Deep Inside" and Aly-us's "Follow Me".

-XeNo-

Well that's the way it's down here in philly anyway. The hip hop dj's down here play the same stuff that the radio plays, and they are even sick of it themselves that they can't play more underground hip hop cuz the crowd won't be feelin' it. So all they play is the same shit just mixed and cut up, with all them Fat Man Scoop breaks. IF you'd listen to a dj set about a month ago and then like this week, chances are it wouldn't be that different.

And then they go into their "house sets" LOL that consist of SoHo's "hot music", Cajmere's "Percolater", Hardrive's "Deep Inside" and Aly-us's "Follow Me".

-XeNo-

LOFL!!! I was in philly a lil while ago & they played percolater and the crowd was lovin it like it was the new hot song... I was like this shit is sooo old... guess that's the reason I don't go to philly clubs even though its about half the distance for me compared to ny...

but I think its just philly... what little hip hop I've heard in ny is not the same shit that's on the radio

lol, the perculator is definitely a hit in Philly...even though no one can actually perculate! anyway, from what I've heard of the hip hop rooms in NY they are just as bad as the ones in Philly...if I was really into hip hop I think I would try going to a hip hop club...as for the original question, I have to admit that I only like house,hip hop, and some reggae,which my friends are constantly bitching at me for, but I think in your car you should be able to listen to whatever you want :)

IMO more women dance to hiphop than anything else b/c of the radio and mtv play....its easier to dance to songs u know then getting up on a website and downloading some trance or drum and bass or whatever......

plus there ain't nothing like seeing some sweet young thang shakin her booty to the perculator!

Originally posted by dgmodel

my rule of thumb is whoevers car it is their choice of music... in my car...

I agree.. and I hate the fucking people who are so goddamn disrespectful that in my car they repeatedly switch the radio station while we're driving despite the fact that I'm screaming cause I wanna listen to something that I at LEAST like.. hip-hop, R&B, reggae, house, techno, breaks, trance, ETC..

i can t really stand hip hop now too much braggin in it i can t really relate to what the rapper is sayin can u? all this bling bling what i got this that an the other thing....i mean WTF anyway i still say rap started goin downhill when pac an big died...... but yes ppl are close mind when it comes to listenin to dance musik when i try to tell ppl i get the same response..... ewww........u listen to that crap that shit shux i can t believe u listen to that crap u ain t black ur white (honest):blown:

-XeNo-

I'd say that they're young. Real young.

Originally posted by hitokiri24

i can t really stand hip hop now too much braggin in it i can t really relate to what the rapper is sayin can u? all this bling bling what i got this that an the other thing....i mean WTF anyway i still say rap started goin downhill when pac an big died...... but yes ppl are close mind when it comes to listenin to dance musik when i try to tell ppl i get the same response..... ewww........u listen to that crap that shit shux i can t believe u listen to that crap u ain t black ur white (honest):blown:

Exactly! I get that shit so much, I totally agree. I just hope people become more open-minded.

Peace,

-XeNo-

Originally posted by sweetie029

i think your quote is a waste of space you might as well said why dont ppl that listen to rap go buy the cd and dance in there living rooms there are many clubs where rap is the majority and the small room is used for other types of music the thread was about ppl being closed minded and you just showed that you are

Originally posted by hitokiri24

i can t really stand hip hop now too much braggin in it i can t really relate to what the rapper is sayin can u? all this bling bling what i got this that an the other thing....i mean WTF anyway i still say rap started goin downhill when pac an big died...... but yes ppl are close mind when it comes to listenin to dance musik when i try to tell ppl i get the same response..... ewww........u listen to that crap that shit shux i can t believe u listen to that cr

ap u ain t black ur white (honest):blown:

im black so am i only suppose to listen to rap music?