Clubplanet Nightlife Community

do you ever feel like there is something missing?

i usually hate negative threads but i have this awful feeling that has been growing this week.

i am at a point in my life right now where my career is on track, my family is happy and healthy, i am going out a lot to hear very satisfying music with people that i enjoy being with, and physically i feel great and am full of energy.

in other words, i am leading a very enviable life.

but i feel like there is something missing or draining me emotionally that is not allowing me to thouroughly enjoy the things that i do.

for example, last week at ps1, i felt that incredible vibe and truly enjoyed seeing so many people there. but i did not get swept up in "that feeling" the way i have other places in the past.

and if any event had the potential to make me feel great, ps1 did.

so what is wrong with me that doesn't allow me to enjoy these things?

Good question.

Maybe you're too caught up in it... going out as often as you do, the wonder and enchantment can wear a little thin -- at least, they can for me. Take a week off (hard to do, I know)... you'll appreciate the music and the dancing all that much more when you've missed them for a while...

We'll still be here when you get back! :D

:bounce:

Originally posted by hoke

Good question.

Maybe you're too caught up in it... going out as often as you do, the wonder and enchantment can wear a little thin -- at least, they can for me. Take a week off (hard to do, I know)... you'll appreciate the music and the dancing all that much more when you've missed them for a while...

We'll still be here when you get back! :D

:bounce:

i don't think that is the problem... i think it goes deeper than that but i don't know what it is.

Originally posted by sassa

is it like an achy, hollow feeling you have? maybe there's something missing from your life in aspects that you might have ignored or overlooked...ie. love, friends, whatever....

U can have just about everything in life but sometimes you still get that feeling because you're missing someone to really enjoy it with.

Originally posted by sassa

is it like an achy, hollow feeling you have? maybe there's something missing from your life in aspects that you might have ignored or overlooked...ie. love, friends, whatever....

yeah kind of but it doesn't make sense because my friends have been so good to me lately. i thought it might be the lack of a relationship thing. i broke up with my boyfriend a year ago and have really needed to be single in the time since and i have enjoyed every minute of it. plus i feel like there is a lot of love in my life as it is, i am just not able to receive it.

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. .. I usually only get that unfulfilling feeling when I realize that I'm not gonna get action at the end of the night/day . . whatever . . .

It can definitely be hard to go your own way and end up home alone after a great night out...

1. -you need a partner-

if it's a feeling of yearning or longing, then it sounds like you feel that you need a partner--someone to share the experience with.

or

2. -you're complacent-

if it's a feeling of "everything's good, but something is missing", it may be a feeling of complacency. and there's a danger in complacency. it breeds decadence. everything's fine and dandy, but is it how you want it to be?

disclaimer: the aforementioned not to be represented as counseling advice, expressed or implied. said author has been in & out of mental institutions himself. actually, if you run into him, please report it to the proper authorities...his last release was not official...he released himself by digging himself out of the compound.

Let me tell you something, hotcheme...

It sounds like what hoke said, that you're getting wrapped up in one particular feeling for too long. I have been known to be guilty of that, and one way to relieve that is change your routine.

Go to new clubs, shop somewhere new, and i HIGHLY reccomend to take a little vacation to Wherever, USA (or, if you can afford it, Europe)

Getting away for a while (or even a weekend) can clear things up in your head, and set you back on track. I look so forward to going upstate to Woodstock, and Belgium once a year. Try and plan something new and exciting, and look forward to it :D

. .. I usually only get that unfulfilling feeling when I realize that I'm not gonna get action at the end of the night/day . . whatever . . .

I don't see the point of going out expecting that all the time, life's too short to be lived based on expectations.

Originally posted by loch

1. -you need a partner-

if it's a feeling of yearning or longing, then it sounds like you feel that you need a partner--someone to share the experience with.

or

2. -you're complacent-

if it's a feeling of "everything's good, but something is missing", it may be a feeling of complacency. and there's a danger in complacency. it breeds decadence. everything's fine and dandy, but is it how you want it to be?

disclaimer: the aforementioned not to be represented as counseling advice, expressed or implied. said author has been in & out of mental institutions himself. actually, if you run into him, please report it to the proper authorities...his last release was not official...he released himself by digging himself out of the compound.

. . Ding ding . . correct!! . . .:D . . .

. . and also . .I'm not saying that my only pursuit is just ass . . it's like loch said . . You want a wingman that you can ride the experience with and then go home and share the aftereffects . . . ya know? . . someone to be close to at the end of the night . . whether actual sex is involved or not . . .

. . and also . .I'm not saying that my only pursuit is just ass . . it's like loch said . . You want a wingman that you can ride the experience with and then go home and share the aftereffects . . . ya know? . . someone to be close to at the end of the night . . whether actual sex is involved or not . . .

I hear that. Doesn't have to be a lover at all, though it helps... "ordinary" friends, while wonderful and necessary, can only take you so high...

It's b/c you're getting older and you don't want to let go. My friends and I are all going through this right now and it sucks. At a Steve Lawler performance, we saw this quote go by as we were dancing:

"You're old enough to know better, but young enough to want more."

Sometimes it's hard to keep pushing for more and I think that's where that feeling comes from. I don't know if this makes sense, but that's my .02. Hope you feel better soon and keep having fun!

Sometimes when I'm out and I realize that there is going to be a progression of events that is supposed to happen - go out, meet my friends, hear good music, have a cocktail, dance...I think I subconsciously convince myself that there is going to be yet another event, but it isn't happening for some reason. But I don't know what that event could be. Then I get that same empty feeling.

don't want to seem like i'm getting religous or anything, but it could be a spiritual thing. having a void in your heart that only God, or whatever being you'd like to call (or not call) it, can fill. it's a possibility.

hope you feel better :)

if your "new & shiny" phaze is wearing off alraedy, i'm going to lose my S... I thought I had the shortest N&S phaze out of anyone...

we can't be that bad at this, that we've let you fall out of it already...

jeez... it took me a good 3 months of going out once/twice a week, and then another 3 months of going out EVERY night of the week...

Originally posted by hotcheme

i usually hate negative threads but i have this awful feeling that has been growing this week.

i am at a point in my life right now where my career is on track, my family is happy and healthy, i am going out a lot to hear very satisfying music with people that i enjoy being with, and physically i feel great and am full of energy.

in other words, i am leading a very enviable life.

that was me from the fall into the spring... i was making so much $, spending it on whatever my lil heart desired... i loved going out.. loved the people that surrounded me.... had so much fun no matter what... my family was happy... everyone was making $...

but now its not as though something is "missing".. im not quite sure what it is... but... my family business is plumeting :(, i dont have much $ at all... i have just enough to pay bills..u know? its like... things were so good for a while and then all of the sudden, one thing goes wrong and it kills ur mood about everything... dont get me wrong, so many things about my life are wonderful... but times have been better and its hard to figure out what to do to get it back the way it was...

wow. i see a lot of truth in the things that a lot of people have said. thanks, all.

hopefully i'll figure this out. i just want to be happy with how good my life is right now because i feel like i have no right to feel like this.

Originally posted by linabina

that was me from the fall into the spring... i was making so much $, spending it on whatever my lil heart desired... i loved going out.. loved the people that surrounded me.... had so much fun no matter what... my family was happy... everyone was making $...

but now its not as though something is "missing".. im not quite sure what it is... but... my family business is plumeting :(, i dont have much $ at all... i have just enough to pay bills..u know? its like... things were so good for a while and then all of the sudden, one thing goes wrong and it kills ur mood about everything... dont get me wrong, so many things about my life are wonderful... but times have been better and its hard to figure out what to do to get it back the way it was...

Even though I'm all for have a great time now when you're young, it's always good to do a little planning for the longterm just so you've got all your bases covered. Money comes and goes.

Originally posted by hotcheme

wow. i see a lot of truth in the things that a lot of people have said. thanks, all.

hopefully i'll figure this out. i just want to be happy with how good my life is right now because i feel like i have no right to feel like this.

Maybe tomorrow morning you'll wake up and no longer feel that way. We all have negative feelings every once in a while, hang it there, it'll all be ok. :D