Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
pluryou

White Lighters

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by pluryou

Is it bad to use one? I know a lot of people who have a white lighter superstition. Does anyone know why or have you even heard of it?

Never heard of that superstition. But I will say this....one year my girlfriend gave me a 20 pack of all white lighters for christmas and by new years I could stand to look at her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pluryou

Is it bad to use one? I know a lot of people who have a white lighter superstition. Does anyone know why or have you even heard of it?

I've heard that before, but i have a lucky white lighter i've had for about 8 years. *shrug* at least if you have a white lighter, odds are a little bit better it won't get stolen if people believe it's unlucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard of that superstition, but never really understood it. I dunno. I'm not one to buy into cigarette related superstitions, like the unlucky white lighter of the lucky middle cigarette. I've had plenty of white lighters in my day, and no bad luck. Of course, now that I said that, I'm going to get hit by a bus on the way out of work today and won;t be able to go to DH! *throws salt over shoulder*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by dragongrrrl

I've heard that before, but i have a lucky white lighter i've had for about 8 years. *shrug* at least if you have a white lighter, odds are a little bit better it won't get stolen if people believe it's unlucky.

That's funny, I've had a luck white lighter too, for 7 years! It was awarded to me by the denisens of the Smoke Pit when I started smoking after Basic Training. It doesn't work anymore, but it's got sentimental value.

Generally, I think white lighter's are lousy though. They look like some promotional lighter for Winston or Nicaratte or Geiko Insurance, but the cheap letters rubbed off in your pocket. Or a lighter that you tore the wallpaper off of while you were getting neurotic waiting to get off the plane, subway, bad movie, dinner at grandma's, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by candeo

Or a lighter that you tore the wallpaper off of while you were getting neurotic waiting to get off the plane, subway, bad movie, dinner at grandma's, etc...

:laugh:

I thieved mine from my mom when i was in high school. Not to smoke, though- i didn't do that until college- to light incense. How hippie of me. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by dragongrrrl

:laugh:

I thieved mine from my mom when i was in high school. Not to smoke, though- i didn't do that until college- to light incense. How hippie of me. :rolleyes:

So, I'll bet it smells pretty neat after 8 years of lighting incense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×