Clubplanet Nightlife Community

spin/burridge review

dizzyscarlet

ok here it goes kids....got there at around, what, midnite i think....walk in, place was going off (BUMP) awesome to finally meet mimi, digital, nightstar, GA2 , phrank, nick & sarah (and any1 else i forgot, u2)

Always good to chill with mishka, michelle, jesse, jimmy, joey, pod

Biz, thanks, no problem @ the door whatsoever.....

sunnyhost, i think i saw you twice--where where you all nite?

**(BUMP)**:blank:

well the music was good, i'll def. give it credit...

me personally i like the deeper progressive shit myself..but i like his breakbeats and the psycho x-girl song ripped shit up (BUMP)

(1st time to hear him spin)

Left at around 3:45 to catch who da funk at crobar...they were going OFF i must say

MIMI I HAD A FUCKIN BLAST WITH YOU GIRL!!!!

WE GOTS TO DO IT AGAIN!!

and jimmy, u cant complain that i didnt make your nite there at the end buddy...haha :grin3:....overall i had a great fuckin time!!!

-everyone i met from the board u guys kick ass!!!:bounce:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alas the heads in miami didn't know what graced them yesterday. lee fucking tore up spin last night. everyone has their opinions, but i think that this set was way better than the one last year at crobar. the breaks he ended with were sick. and there was like what...20 ppl there when it ended. it was all our crew.

that's all i have to say about that.

Originally posted by phrankadelic

alas the heads in miami didn't know what graced them yesterday. lee fucking tore up spin last night. everyone has their opinions, but i think that this set was way better than the one last year at crobar. the breaks he ended with were sick. and there was like what...20 ppl there when it ended. it was all our crew.

that's all i have to say about that.

well i didnt have anything to compare it too cause it was my 1st time hearing him....i did like it, and it didnt hurt that he's nice to look at too:D i always love breaks and that was one of the reasons i enjoyed it, cause he does tear shit up there.....

and it sux that we left, i didnt want to, but these people insisted on going....i could have very well stayed but oh well......i did have a FUCKIN blast though!!:bounce:

What can i say, Lee Burridge was so fucking Amazing, he had badass breakz, going on, some really realyl awesome progressive tracks, he seemed to be enjoying his set more than the listenners, which is something that brings the vibe way up. Well he was so much fucking better than crobar last year, and he was awesome at crobar last year, i guess we finally saw his tru style. Next time i hope is a tyrant night.

Biz thanks for the hook ups. Spin is a Very Very nice club, i hadn't been there before, and its a great venue.

Lee was out of hand cool. I was enjoying his set immensely. He dropped some classics which had me on the floor front and center doing my gear-dance.

And for whatever reason, I just couldn't say no to a bunch of girls that night! :)

Quote of the night: "Dan's a bit hormonal right now!"

"Nah, he's always this horny"

proving once and for all it's not just about the music, it's about hardcore fucking and the music.

barbie: DJ ho! post 'em pics already!

Mimi: grabbing Lee's bum and then some....???? ;-)

I heard that Craig is finally up to playing in the states w/ Lee for tyrant set...tba tho probably in NYC

Speaking of NYC, I asked Lee about djing w/ Danny Howells, and he said they were talking about doing a tag team night during one of his residency nights at Arc...again tba

I felt so bad that the club had emptied out so damn early, but then again the crowd sucked, sans the cp crew :)

I found Lee's Crobar set to have been better but I guess u guys were deprived from breaks and well Lee served them up Friday night. The Sasha track was absolutely beautiful!!!

I wish SPin's sound system wasn't soo loud, cos my ears were popping--not good.

Ok 'tis all :)

Originally posted by loraine

I felt so bad that the club had emptied out so damn early, but then again the crowd sucked, sans the cp crew :)

I know, me too. :( Lee noticed and made mention of how he had cleared the place. I was like "trust me... it's not you.. YOU ROCKED!" :rolleyes:

I did think, however, that his set was better this time around. Maybe it is becuase we're deprived when it comes to breaks. I had begged him to bring breaks and he promised he would. Needless to say I was very very very HAPPY with the music. My friend Marilyn, who is not really into the scene but is, nonetheless, a very cool chic was incredibly impressed with his set. She had so much fun and though you all were so cool that she made me promise to call her next time we all went out. :)

I had a GREAT GREAT time. Spin is beautiful and the music was fun, yeah my ears were popping but atleast everything didn't sound like bass ala crobar.

I had a BLAST with all the new CP heads.

Dizzy - my sister's a wild child watch out with her. Nice to finally meet you :D

Sunnyhost - Definitely a pleasure finally meeting you. I was looking for a red puppet in the club until someone introduced us and I finally realized you look nothing like your avatar lol. Next time mabye we all can hang out a little more :)

Matas - I don't have to say a word. One of the coolest kats I've met.

Jimmy T - Just like your cuz you guys are MAD MAD kewl.

Biz - The meetup was brief but I did feel a disturbance in the force when you first got to the club.

Of course a shot goes out to all the other CP regulars. You guys rock.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Biz - The meetup was brief but I did feel a disturbance in the force when you first got to the club.

Of course a shot goes out to all the other CP regulars. You guys rock.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

glad you guys had fun.

Originally posted by bbflux

Did anyone notice me forcing Lee to moonwalk in the DJ booth @ 4:30am. :laugh:

miss DIZZYSCARLET and miss SUNNYHOST> why did I not meet you guys????? :(

I dont know but it was a mortal sin that we did not meet....next time no excuse!!!!:)

Originally posted by dizzyscarlet

I dont know but it was a mortal sin that we did not meet....next time no excuse!!!!:)

I'm gonna hold you to that!!! :D

Originally posted by nightstar01

Send it to me via email!!! I want to see!!!

It's already up!!! I couldn't help myself. :)

Originally posted by nolimit

is that marick in the picture behind lee???

nahh... that's some other dude. Speaking of which, I was complaing to him earlier this afternoon that I didn't even get him in one shot on Fri night. :mad2:

whats up everyone! i had a stellar time @ spin on friday, it was great to see all of you regulars, as well as meet a bunch of new people! :)

and a big hello to mimi, danny & marick who pulled the doubleheader last night in orlando @ iCON. It was definitely nice to see some familiar faces!

marick - many thanks again for the gettin my ass in for free on friday. how was the rest of the after party on saturday w/ Lee?

okay, i've had a collective 7 hours of sleep since friday morning, drug free... time to sleep now :o

BigTallGeoff

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Matas - I don't have to say a word. One of the coolest kats I've met.

i was going to say the same about u....:D

Lee was out of this world, i havent had fun like that in years....i have not a heard a dj impress me so much since Howells during WMC at Spin....great shit by Lee (i tip my hat to him)...great time hanging with acasta, nightstar, mimi, digital, joey, bbflux, sunny, dizzy, jimmy, pod, biz and miska. great meeting macfunk (finally, btw i am a fan of some trance:tongue: ) and bigtallgeoff (damn, u werent kidding, u are tall!!). overall a great night, have to hang with the mafia again!!! (always a pleasure)....also caught the end of Who Da Funk at Crobar, all i have to say is WOW:eek: ....great one hour set by him, Crobar was also pretty empty:confused: ...had fun and no regrets, except that i didnt catch Lee's set during WMC, what a shame cuz he really really impressed me....he has a new fan now....thank u Mr. Burridge....

ps

and a big thank u to Dizzy and "the other person" (which will remain nameless), thanks for that "show" i slept well that morning...:tongue:

Originally posted by dizzyscarlet

MIMI I HAD A FUCKIN BLAST WITH YOU GIRL!!!!

WE GOTS TO DO IT AGAIN!!

I KNOW!!!! Sorry I took so long to write back, got in last night from Orlando!!! Tired as fuck! What can I say but, GODDAM!!!! What a fucking wicked set! You think the Miami set was good, all I have to say is, YOU ALL SHOULD HAVE BEEN @ ICON!!!!